Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, pegasi1978 said:

Is something wrong with the trading hub? I have filtered for one specific breed and I get the tombstone error on any trade I try to offer on. It also happens when I leave the filter on any.

 

I'm on the mobile version of the site via Chrome on a Samsung Galaxy S7 if it matters.

Screenshot_20180630-073745_Chrome.jpg

The same happens to me when I try to use Fertility.

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

The same happens to me when I try to use Fertility.

I just tested the BSAs and got the same error on Fertility as well. Still having the error in the Trading Hub. @TJ09

Share this post


Link to post

Nope still not working. It appeared I could offer on visible trade offers, but after I checked on Fertility I can't offer on them either. 

Edited by pegasi1978
Update with more information

Share this post


Link to post

Am I misremembering, or did AP eggs not used to show cracks/holes? I could've sworn they didn't use to show that while in the AP, but now I see AP eggs with cracks/holes fairly often. Anyone know when that changed? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, pegasi1978 said:

Nope still not working. It appeared I could offer on visible trade offers, but after I checked on Fertility I can't offer on them either. 

 

That suggests clearing your cache might help, if it's - like - SPREADING !

 

12 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Am I misremembering, or did AP eggs not used to show cracks/holes? I could've sworn they didn't use to show that while in the AP, but now I see AP eggs with cracks/holes fairly often. Anyone know when that changed? 

 

I can't honestly remember  ⬇️  ⬇️ but thinking back I'm pretty sure I saw that over a week ago for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I can't honestly remember  ⬇️  ⬇️ but thinking back I'm pretty sure I saw that over a week ago for sure.

 

Quite a bit longer than that, I think. But I'm not sure when it changed, either.

Share this post


Link to post

Occasionally one would pop up that way for a good long while, years, I'm thinking.  It was always one of those weird glitches you saw every now and again, but it has seemed to be more frequent as of late. 

Share this post


Link to post

What's the deal with the random writing "wants" on the trading page? And multiple user scrollnames that seem to string together nicely. Just everyone happening to play along, or multiscrolling, or what? Is that going to be allowed? Just a string of random cb commons with no real 'wants' ???

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

What's the deal with the random writing "wants" on the trading page? And multiple user scrollnames that seem to string together nicely. Just everyone happening to play along, or multiscrolling, or what? Is that going to be allowed? Just a string of random cb commons with no real 'wants' ???

If you suspect multiscrolling, PM a mod?

 

(Though I think it's mostly some discord people having fun)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

What's the deal with the random writing "wants" on the trading page? And multiple user scrollnames that seem to string together nicely. Just everyone happening to play along, or multiscrolling, or what? Is that going to be allowed? Just a string of random cb commons with no real 'wants' ???

if you're wondering about the recent stuff on the hub, there's been folks just having fun with random references while giving away eggs/hatchies

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MiserablePileOfSecrets said:

if you're wondering about the recent stuff on the hub, there's been folks just having fun with random references while giving away eggs/hatchies

So that would explain this kind of request? - "stop you made me drop my croissant"

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Lagie said:

So that would explain this kind of request? - "stop you made me drop my croissant"

 

That kind of thing seems like something that should be reported, wish we had that report button TJ mentioned. Just because it's not mean or harassment doesn't mean it's appropriate in the Trading Hub (and the warning above the Wants box does say 'misuse', not simply harassment type of stuff...). People really shouldn't be using the Trading Hub for jokes and games.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

 

That kind of thing seems like something that should be reported, wish we had that report button TJ mentioned. Just because it's not mean or harassment doesn't mean it's appropriate in the Trading Hub (and the warning above the Wants box does say 'misuse', not simply harassment type of stuff...). People really shouldn't be using the Trading Hub for jokes and games.

 

Yes. For now PM a mod if you see abuse of the trade hub text, and we can report it. Like TJ said user reporting will be coming soon I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, pegasi1978 said:

Nope still not working. It appeared I could offer on visible trade offers, but after I checked on Fertility I can't offer on them either. 

 

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That suggests clearing your cache might help, if it's - like - SPREADING !

It appears to have cleared up now. I was able to make a trade offer a few minutes ago and just checked to see if I could access Fertility and I could.

Share this post


Link to post

The report feature is up for the Trade Hub.  But there is no way to report trolling offers, which seems a bit one sided.  I have been putting up CB Metals for trade for 2g silver shimmer and state so very clearly, and yet every time, people are posting any old random stuff they don't want, which means if I take it down, I have lost the use of that Magi for two days.  We should be able to report that as well.

Share this post


Link to post

We really can't and shouldn't. There are people with no idea what anything is "worth" and who don't even understand what a 2g shimmer IS. Seriously. There are people up there posting things like 25th gen inbred horses and asking for a CB Gold. I don't think it's trolling or malicious; I think it's just total ignorance (I mean that in the literal sense, not the way some people use it to mean unpleasant.) And in your case, you can SEE the offers are duds, so they're easy to ignore...

 

I think the only reportable OFFERS would have to be people repeatedly offering the same thing after it's been declined.

Share this post


Link to post

The most recent troll offer was from a long time user--they know better.  It makes more sense to report those than to try and get people in trouble for posting amusing messages on their giveaways

Share this post


Link to post

@49ER It doesn't seem reasonable to me to be able to report offers just because they don't suit your taste. If a member is repeatedly harassing you via a trade (fast-offering the same thing over and over for example) PM a mod.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I don't see how the software can discriminate. Just ignore them. It beats taking the trade up and down.

Share this post


Link to post

If there is a report feature, it should work both ways, that is all I am saying.  Otherwise, then people are going to get in trouble for doing something completely harmless.  

And just to reiterate--I am not talking about newbie offers of someone who does not know better--that I understand.  Nor am I saying I would report them, it should just be fair on all sides.  I have not seen any real abuse of the site, other than people have to bump their trades, but that is because there are no pages

Edited by 49ER

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, 49ER said:

If there is a report feature, it should work both ways, that is all I am saying.  Otherwise, then people are going to get in trouble for doing something completely harmless.  

And just to reiterate--I am not talking about newbie offers of someone who does not know better--that I understand.  Nor am I saying I would report them, it should just be fair on all sides.  I have not seen any real abuse of the site, other than people have to bump their trades, but that is because there are no pages

 

If there is a report feature for offers, it should *only* be for people repeatedly offering the same thing after you decline it. That's it. That is the only *true* form of offer-abuse, at least that we can actually point to as being deliberate. Offering messies or commons on a rare trade is not abuse, it's not malicious, it's simply an offer you don't personally want. And unless you know the offerer personally you can't actually know for sure if they 'know better', just because someone has been playing for a long time doesn't mean they understand normal trading values, especially if they aren't on the forums.

Share this post


Link to post

Then why are we supposed to report trade postings?  Because they don't suit someone or somebody did not want to see it?

Some of any issues I could think of could resolved by having a way to communicate scroll to scroll, or even put a note on your trade offer to the person in trades.

Edited by 49ER

Share this post


Link to post

Reporting trade postings would be if you misuse the Want feature, for example to badmouth another user or use inappropriate language (or, I assume, use it for something completely different then it's actual purpose, like random nonsense phrases). Those things are things that are done on purpose, and are not what the Trading Hub is for. Offers you simply aren't interested in, however, are not the same thing at all.

 

 edit: Notice that the report button is not on the trade itself, it is directly next to the Want text. Therefore it's about reporting the Want text, not reporting a trade you don't like.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.