Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Darn! That used to be my favorite clicksite too. Why did it go down, no chances of it coming back?

eatw got attacked around christmas, a huge targeted attack on the hatchery that was so severe people's eggs were dying within minutes of being added. The site was disabled eventually, and the owner said it wouldn't be coming back.

No one knows for sure except TJ and whoever is helping with it, but most likely. It's sort of a yearly thing now, I see no reason why it wouldn't happen. Keep an eye out at midnight.

A few coders, designers, and myself are going to be opening a Hatchery in the near future. We have fleshed out our website, designed it, made different skins, many features (some are even never-before-seen!), etc, but we still want feedback on designs/features/etc from the community before we make it fully public. Are we allowed to open up a WIP Thread in the Fan Sites area? I see another WIP Thread in there, but our site will not be actually online until it's completely fleshed out/worked on.

35 minutes ago, Predat0rs said:

A few coders, designers, and myself are going to be opening a Hatchery in the near future. We have fleshed out our website, designed it, made different skins, many features (some are even never-before-seen!), etc, but we still want feedback on designs/features/etc from the community before we make it fully public. Are we allowed to open up a WIP Thread in the Fan Sites area? I see another WIP Thread in there, but our site will not be actually online until it's completely fleshed out/worked on.

From the Fan Site Section Guidelines Thread:

User says:

I've got a fansite that is nearly finished but will need alpha testers--can I make a thread for it, or do I have to wait until testing is completed?

_Z_ replies:

Go ahead and post your topic.

It should be okay to make a thread.

Edited by Darkstorm34

Is anyone else having trouble with clicksites? I went to AoND and draghatch and they say that I have no growing dragons, even though I have several.

4 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Is anyone else having trouble with clicksites? I went to AoND and draghatch and they say that I have no growing dragons, even though I have several.

I'm having the same problem. I had it with AoND, Valley Sherwood and Silvi's. It looks like some sort of glitch on DC. Hopefully @TJ09 is aware of it and will be able to look into it. :)

Has anyone seen any mints in the biomes today? I wanted to catch an ordinary one, since I didn't get a special one from the event, but I have not yet seen any, even though they are common.

They are hiding for fear of being turned upside down....

My sunsets have turned into sunrises and vice versa. Part of the April Fool's fun, do you think?

(Like being green and pink weren't stressful enough for them!)

8 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

My sunsets have turned into sunrises and vice versa. Part of the April Fool's fun, do you think?

(Like being green and pink weren't stressful enough for them!)

Ok yes, that's a thing apparently oO

(Totally wouldn't have noticed without the normal colours, well spotted.)

Okay I'm sorry if this has been answered but I am on my phone, and it's a pain in the neck to navigate the forum.

I don't understand what an upside down mint is. I clicked "say nothing", got a mint egg, but the egg is not upside down. So, going off of someone else's comment I saw, I am assuming I just got a regular mint egg because I was supposed to click the other option or something? But what makes an upside down mint different? 

Am I just oblivious? I mean I feel kinda stupid.

Is there a post explaining this event? Please answer seriously, I know it's April Fool's but I would like to know more about this event so I know better for next year.  😊💙

3 minutes ago, Valtrois said:

Okay I'm sorry if this has been answered but I am on my phone, and it's a pain in the neck to navigate the forum.

I don't understand what an upside down mint is. I clicked "say nothing", got a mint egg, but the egg is not upside down. So, going off of someone else's comment I saw, I am assuming I just got a regular mint egg because I was supposed to click the other option or something? But what makes an upside down mint different? 

Is there a post explaining this event? Please answer seriously, I know it's April Fool's but I would like to know more about this event so I know better for next year.  😊💙

Nothing is different about an upside down mint except that on the view page it appears upside down.

You can look at this one if you want. :)

https://dragcave.net/lineage/OgI5l 

21 minutes ago, Valtrois said:

Here is how upside mint attribution works. You're randomly assigned someone who answered the same dilemma with the dragon.

If both people click "say nothing", you each get a regular egg. This must be what happened for you.

If you click "say nothing" and the other person blames you, you get nothing.

If you click "blame" and the other person says nothing, you get a special upside down mint.

The value of these is questionable as they cannot be traded and don't show up in lineages (they only look "upside down" when you're on the dragon's page). 

I'd have a question too!

When was the last time you guys saw a CB Balloon in the Cave? >.< I haven't noticed any since the new release... :( Did someone deflated them all? v.v Boohooooooooooo );

9 hours ago, MessengerDragon said:

Has anyone seen any mints in the biomes today? I wanted to catch an ordinary one, since I didn't get a special one from the event, but I have not yet seen any, even though they are common.

I've seen some already, Messenger. They go insanely fast though.. Guess more people want one as a souvenier today ^^"

Edited by Belisar
Blehhh double post >.<

2 minutes ago, Belisar said:

I'd have a question too!

When was the last time you guys saw a CB Balloon in the Cave? >.< I haven't noticed any since the new release... :( Did someone deflated them all? v.v Boohooooooooooo );

I heard someone ask this recently, too. They've been a little scarce recently, but I've seen a couple since hunting for Florets. They're still around. :)

Thank you @StormWizard212

They are scarce since a very good while - but now they must be Metallic rare. I lurk the caves for hours, for 3 days already and not a single Loon... );

I NEEED MY FIX SOOOON!! *rollsaroundandcries*

Edited by Belisar

?Do clicks decrease the time that the eggs have to hatch?

For instance: If I have an egg that will hatch in 1 day and 5 hours, and he got about 1000 clicks sometime between that, will the time decrease?

4 minutes ago, dommybomb said:

?Do clicks decrease the time that the eggs have to hatch?

For instance: If I have an egg that will hatch in 1 day and 5 hours, and he got about 1000 clicks sometime between that, will the time decrease?

The time will not decrease, no, but the egg will hatch sooner. Eggs can hatch any time the timer gets below 4 days. So if the timer is at 1 day and 5 hours, it can hatch at any time as long as it has enough clicks and views. So in your scenario, getting more clicks and views will mean the egg hatches sooner, even if the time itself won't change. If the egg has over 4 days let on the timer, it won't matter how many clicks and views it has, it will not be able to hatch. You will need to wait until it's below 4 days. 

If your egg gets too many clicks and views before it can hatch, though, it may get sick. So be careful. I would never put an egg in a hatchery when it has over 6 days left for this reason. 

The only way to change the actual time an egg has left is to use the breed-specific action 'incubate' which Red dragons have. This removes one day from the timer. So an egg that is at 4 days 20 hours will change to 3 days 20 hours after incubated and will therefore be able to hatch when it has enough clicks and views.

Does this answer your question? I hope it helps! :)

Edited by StormWizard212

The time itself never decreases, unless you use the BSA of the Red dragon called Incubate. When you incubate an egg, it loses one day of its timer.

Clicks are not required to hatch an egg or grow a dragon, views and unique views are more important. However, clicks can help with eggs hatching faster/hatchlings growing up faster.

:ph34r:'d with a more detailed answer

Edited by Chococat0815

28 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

The time will not decrease, no, but the egg will hatch sooner. Eggs can hatch any time the timer gets below 4 days. So if the timer is at 1 day and 5 hours, it can hatch at any time as long as it has enough clicks and views. So in your scenario, getting more clicks and views will mean the egg hatches sooner, even if the time itself won't change. If the egg has over 4 days let on the timer, it won't matter how many clicks and views it has, it will not be able to hatch. You will need to wait until it's below 4 days. 

If your egg gets too many clicks and views before it can hatch, though, it may get sick. So be careful. I would never put an egg in a hatchery when it has over 6 days left for this reason. 

The only way to change the actual time an egg has left is to use the breed-specific action 'incubate' which Red dragons have. This removes one day from the timer. So an egg that is at 4 days 20 hours will change to 3 days 20 hours after incubated and will therefore be able to hatch when it has enough clicks and views.

Does this answer your question? I hope it helps! :)

Oh wow! Thanks. I totally get it now. Im going to save this answer to remember all the little details :3 Thanks so much for the fast response!

1 hour ago, StormWizard212 said:

I heard someone ask this recently, too. They've been a little scarce recently, but I've seen a couple since hunting for Florets. They're still around. :)

They are uncommon - but my grandson - who has an army of balloons - has caught about 10 in the last month...

@dommybomb two of your eggs are sick - you need to fog them for 24 hours.... (24 hours - even if they feel better, or they will just get sick again.)

Edited by Fuzzbucket