Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Can we use the **** asterisks, Least in the RP section? I'm asking because I hate the censorkipz breaking up my posts because they're so jarring, obtrusive to me, and bright, and I have a few RP characters who swear and I really don't think the censorkipz fit there.

EDIT: ...also I hate how text gets autoemojied now and wish we could still turn that off. Is tgat a calid suggestion?

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

now that folks are getting adult florets, how do they breed? Like do they work like Pyrals and only produce their colour, or do they work like Baikalas and its determined by the mother's biome, or something else?

19 minutes ago, MiserablePileOfSecrets said:

now that folks are getting adult florets, how do they breed? Like do they work like Pyrals and only produce their colour, or do they work like Baikalas and its determined by the mother's biome, or something else?

It's hard to tell so far and it might take time to get a proper understanding of how they work (unless the spriters let us know). So far, I've seen purple eggs bred from the purple variety, but I haven't seen any examples of Florets producing the other colour yet. That's not to say it won't happen, but I have only seen examples so far of the purples breeding true (and no examples of the gold yet). So it might just take some time to figure out. 

Keep your eye on this thread, though, because I'm sure people will start showing the pretty things they're breeding soon and that'll give us a better idea!

2 hours ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

Can we use the **** asterisks, Least in the RP section? I'm asking because I hate the censorkipz breaking up my posts because they're so jarring, obtrusive to me, and bright, and I have a few RP characters who swear and I really don't think the censorkipz fit there.

EDIT: ...also I hate how text gets autoemojied now and wish we could still turn that off. Is tgat a calid suggestion?

To your first question, as long as the word being hidden by the asterisks is PG-13 (and PG-13 swear words shouldn't be censored anyway), I see no problem with it. Heavier swear words, though, should always be censored with censorkipz, even if the character they're based on swears like a drunken sailor. @Dragonhatchling what are your thoughts here?

To your last question, that's more of a suggestion that warrants its own thread. I don't see a way to turn them off myself, so I'm guessing it's a forum setting.

8 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

To your first question, as long as the word being hidden by the asterisks is PG-13 (and PG-13 swear words shouldn't be censored anyway), I see no problem with it. Heavier swear words, though, should always be censored with censorkipz, even if the character they're based on swears like a drunken sailor. @Dragonhatchling what are your thoughts here?

To your last question, that's more of a suggestion that warrants its own thread. I don't see a way to turn them off myself, so I'm guessing it's a forum setting.

Ugh, guess I'm dropping that character - the censorkipz sear my eyes. Just curious, why do we have to use censorkipz? It could just be me being dumb, but they seem to accomplish the job same as asterisks or [redacted], just more bright and hard to look at for me, so I don't really understand, sorry. The other thing that annoys me is cause it's a picture there's jack I can do to make it less searig that I know how to.

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

1 hour ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

Ugh, guess I'm dropping that character - the censorkipz sear my eyes. Just curious, why do we have to use censorkipz? It could just be me being dumb, but they seem to accomplish the job same as asterisks or [redacted], just more bright and hard to look at for me, so I don't really understand, sorry. The other thing that annoys me is cause it's a picture there's jack I can do to make it less searig that I know how to.

My previous post was incorrect, my 15-hour awake brain thought the censorkipz was how the forum handled censor evasion. Our censor actually turns forbidden words into asterisks, feel free to let the censor do its thing, no censorkipz required. Sorry for the confusion!

9 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

@DuskOfTheStars

Asterisks are fine to use. The way the forum works now, the censor should actually turn most of those into asterisks anyways and only a few words in to censorkipz now. Not sure why, or how that changed/changes, but most swear words turn in to asterisks now from what i've seen. So feel free to blot out any non-PG13 words with asterisks instead of censorkipz.

27 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

My previous post was incorrect, my 15-hour awake brain thought the censorkipz was how the forum handled censor evasion. Our censor actually turns forbidden words into asterisks, feel free to let the censor do its thing, no censorkipz required. Sorry for the confusion!

13 minutes ago, Dragonhatchling said:

@DuskOfTheStars

Asterisks are fine to use. The way the forum works now, the censor should actually turn most of those into asterisks anyways and only a few words in to censorkipz now. Not sure why, or how that changed/changes, but most swear words turn in to asterisks now from what i've seen. So feel free to blot out any non-PG13 words with asterisks instead of censorkipz.

Ah, I see. Sorry about the frustration, and thank you both!

Not sure if it needs a new thread.

FINALLY the scroll stats page is working - EXCEPT that when it comes to breeding records I get a dragon of - someone else's, not my own...

5abe6b5c4f149_Image1.png.a8c61d3f184344f06baa4d9f8a0ca9dc.png

AND it suggests that dragon has no children, which is not true....

How are other people doing on this ?

Ayyyyy, thanks for bringing it to my attention that the Scroll Records thing actually works now!

That is, except for the breeding records - I get the same dragon as you do (Galletian Victory), also with 0 children. (Since this appears not to be a just you problem I think it could do with a thread.)

Edited by Aalbiel

So I just returned from 2009 and I see that a lot of things have changed. Can anyone enlighten me with these few questions?

Can Metal X Metal breed now? Like GoldXGold?

Is there a checklist of Dragons available online or something?

Will my Dragon Encyclopedia ever update? I have a few dragons but still most of the dragons in the encyclopedia are shadows.

Is there a list of dragons that are considered rare and I should watch out for?

Edited by xetehkah

12 minutes ago, xetehkah said:

Can Metal X Metal breed now? Like GoldXGold?

Yep! It just means it might take a while to get an egg out of them, since they're still pretty rare. :)

13 minutes ago, xetehkah said:

Is there a checklist of Dragons available online or something?

You can use this page of the unofficial wiki to see what dragons are available:

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Types

15 minutes ago, xetehkah said:

Will my Dragon Encyclopedia ever update? I have a few dragons but still most of the dragons in the encyclopedia are shadows.

You'll have to unlock the breeds by viewing them, but you can jump on someone else's scroll and click their dragons to unlock information. For example, go to my scroll (link in sig) and click on breeds that you don't recognise. The more you click, the more information will then be shown on their encyclopedia page. 

There's a thread here that can help you by linking to dragons you wish to unlock:

17 minutes ago, xetehkah said:

Is there a list of dragons that are considered rare and I should watch out for?

This is a bit harder to answer since it's so subjective. Take a look at the Rare Trading Thread below for some ideas.

It's also useful to check out this thread if you have any questions about trade value, or simply to see what other people are asking about and discussing. ^_^

Hopefully this is helpful! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or you just want to have a chat and start getting to know people again. :) Welcome back!

Glad it helped! ^_^ Good luck finding some of the newer dragons and keep an eye on the trading threads to help you find what you're looking for. A lot of people are also happy to breed and gift eggs if there are specific ones you're after! 

Edited by StormWizard212

25 minutes ago, xetehkah said:

The Encyclopedia Helper's thread that StormWizard212 linked to is a great way to unlock the Encyclopedia. But check your stats on the Encyclopedia pages and make sure clicking the dragons actually counts, sometimes you have to go to a dragon's lineage page and then click to it from there to get it to count.

19 minutes ago, Shuuichi said:

Anyone can tell me some moderators of the Suggestions section?

Help Moderators look after the Suggestions forum. :) You can find a list of Help Moderators and Global Moderators (who moderate the entire board and will also be able to help) here by filtering them in the member search like this:

https://forums.dragcave.net/search/?&type=core_members&joinedDate=any&group[6]=1&group[8]=1 

Help Moderators: Infinis, Fire-Ice, Rainstarkitty and yosofine

Global Moderators: _Z_, LadyLyzar and purpledragonclaw

If you click 'Find Content' you'll be able to see when each was last active and this will help you determine who to contact. ^_^

Edited by StormWizard212

Maybe they're visible in the daytime on the 31st? (Pure speculation on my part.)

That's exactly it. They are visible all day on the 31st of the month. Well speculated !

Unsure if this has been asked or mentioned before, but if you successfully turn a hatchie into a zombie, will you be able to trade it ? Or will that action disappear ?

Zombie hatchies are automatically frozen so no, you can't freeze them, you can only keep them on your scroll or Expunge them to get rid of them.

Hey all, I'm trying to sort my dragons (haven't since Halloween) and I see eatw isn't up anymore? :( Soooo sad. I used their site to easily check CB's on my scroll for sorting. Is there another site that I can see my CB adults easily?

Nope, unfortunately if you want to sort your CB adults you're going to have to manually create a group and add them all there....