Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

I just noticed this but if you look at this dragon's progeny no children are listed as being fathered by the red Gemshard and yet he appears on the list of mates. Likewise if I look at the Gemshard's progeny the Rosebud appears as the only mate but again no children are listed. If their children were dead wouldn't it just show tombstones?

When did you last check them? The only thing I can imagine is, that they did have offspring that died or was killed. If it was more than two weeks ago, the tombstone already disappeared.

@purplehaze the eggs you see are from the Spring parent ;)

21 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

I don't think there are any. Obviously some of them (AOND, Valley Sherwood) give you your growing dragons' lineages but not the adults. I personally went through them and made a spreadsheet to keep track, my gf did the same as Dragon_Arbock.

21 hours ago, Orchi'dea said:

Yeah the tool on EatW was the only one that worked in such detail. Now I just name my CBs lazy names like "cb winter m 1" as soon as they hatch so I know which is which, until I breed them... We really need a caveborn/bred filter on our scrolls - but that's been already suggested a while ago, several times.

38 minutes ago, Wiz said:

It would be really nice of we could put 'caveborn' into the group sort box and all the CB's showed *sighs*.

Oh well, this is a bummer. I very strongly support any kind of CB identification on DC, but given how many years it can take some suggestion to implement, if at all accepted, I was at least very happy we had EATW to fall back on. I wonder if @Ext3h would be willing to consider letting the tools stay without the functionality of hatchery etc. There is literally no way I can sit through 1500+ dragons to manually sort them, so I'll just have to ignore everything I've collected until an option to identify CB exists on DC/off-site. I even used the tool for identifying CBs to breed, since even for my named dragons they just have proper names and no identifications like CB etc in their name. 

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

1 hour ago, Amaterasu-sama said:

I wonder if @Ext3h would be willing to consider letting the tools stay without the functionality of hatchery etc.

The site is no longer paid up. It is absolutely over. Sorry.

2 hours ago, Amaterasu-sama said:

There is literally no way I can sit through 1500+ dragons to manually sort them, so I'll just have to ignore everything I've collected until an option to identify CB exists on DC/off-site.

I went thought 2000. It's not /that/ undoable. And once it's done, if you remember to add things to groups as you get them, it takes care of itself.

A marker or something on-scroll would be nice, but that's been asked for a long time, so unlikely any time soon.

I've done it with 7000, so I win :lol: (database)

1857 of them, plus any non-adults I still have.

Do it now, before it gets worse, Amaterasu-sama.

7 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

I just noticed this but if you look at this dragon's progeny no children are listed as being fathered by the red Gemshard and yet he appears on the list of mates. Likewise if I look at the Gemshard's progeny the Rosebud appears as the only mate but again no children are listed. If their children were dead wouldn't it just show tombstones?

This happened to a pair of my dragons as well: https://dragcave.net/progeny/mpjUd

I'm not sure if it's intended behavior though. Since the Yulebuck and Almerald don't have any living offspring, I don't know if they should still be shown on each other's progeny lists as if they do.

6 hours ago, rinoa26 said:

@purplehaze the eggs you see are from the Spring parent ;)

Oops! Sorry! I need to pay more attention.

I recently went through all 5,600+ of my dragons checking their lineages for specific ancestors (which is definitely more involved then just checking if they are CB) and it only took me a tad over a month (and I didn't work on it every single day). It's annoying, I guess, but certainly not undoable. Just depends on how much you want whatever reason you are doing it for. I personally do not support a specific cb designation on-site, just like I don't support a specific inbred designation on-site, because it makes it seem that there is some sort of preference there. I like that the site itself doesn't discriminate in any way between different types of lineages.

Ok. So I know summoning a Sinomorph requires a complete set of Zyus. And the gender you get is random when you summon one. So here's my question: If I have a desired goal of Sinomorphs, (2 male, 2 female) but end up summoning 3 females and don't yet have a 4th set of Zyus to summon a 4th Sinomorph. If I release that 3rd female, can I go back and summon again to try and get a male?

Or is it fixed that if I use a set of Zyus to summon, once they've summoned, regardless of what happens to the summoned Sinomorph such as death/released, they can not summon again? :o

Regarding Sinmorphs - I believe the genders of the Zyus used to summon influences the chances of getting a particular gender of Sino.

That being said, I don't think you will be able to get another by releasing.  Once it's done, it's done.  I could be wrong but I've never seen summonable things be replaced by intentional kill or release.

14 minutes ago, Fabula said:

Ok. So I know summoning a Sinomorph requires a complete set of Zyus. And the gender you get is random when you summon one. So here's my question: If I have a desired goal of Sinomorphs, (2 male, 2 female) but end up summoning 3 females and don't yet have a 4th set of Zyus to summon a 4th Sinomorph. If I release that 3rd female, can I go back and summon again to try and get a male?

Or is it fixed that if I use a set of Zyus to summon, once they've summoned, regardless of what happens to the summoned Sinomorph such as death/released, they can not summon again? :o

Iffff I'm not mistaken, a Zyu set can only perform a Summon once. 

But the Sinomorph's gender is no longer random, I think it depends on the genders of the Zyus in the set . On the Summon page, before confirming the action, you can see which Zyus are about to summon, and you can predict what gender the Sinomorph will be :) I needed male Sinomorphs so I started getting male Zyus, and my last Summons were male :lol: 

There's no way to switch individual Zyus within a set, but what you can do is use up Summons of the existing sets and make sure to collect the right gender combos for the next ones. As far as I know, the gender is only random if 3 Zyus are male and 3 Zyus are female.

Ninja'd lol :P 

Edited by Tears in Rain

5 minutes ago, Tears in Rain said:

But the Sinomorph's gender is no longer random, I think it depends on the genders of the Zyus in the set . On the Summon page, before confirming the action, you can see which Zyus are about to summon, and you can predict what gender the Sinomorph will be :) I needed male Sinomorphs so I started getting male Zyus, and my last Summons were male :lol: 

There's no way to switch individual Zyus within a set, but what you can do is use up Summons of the existing sets and make sure to collect the right gender combos for the next ones. As far as I know, the gender is only random if 3 Zyus are male and 3 Zyus are female.

Ninja'd lol :P 

How long has it been this way?  I've not taken any notice of males/females in summoning, and now although I have lots of pairs, I need 13 females - I can see what my next project's going to be...

OK! I had no idea the gender of the Zyus influenced the gender of the Sinomorph when summoned. Well if my last 2 end up being female, then I'll just breed/influence some Zyus to get some extra males to get a couple male Sinomorphs. Thank you to everyone that responded and answered my question! ^_^

14 minutes ago, Sinion Kabe said:

Is this hatchling offering worth this? What do you guys think? 

It depends. It's going to be difficult, if not impossible to continue that Rosebud's lineage. But if you don't care about that and just want a G2 from a CB alt I say go for it.

I'd ask here:

if  I were you. That's where the most reliable "stock market" info is to be had.

But since you are asking here - I'd have thought probably so. Because a lot of people really are good at neglecting, but 2nd gens from an alt are vanishingly rare. Especially HOLIDAYS.

Just now, Ariento said:

It depends. It's going to be difficult, if not impossible to continue that Rosebud's lineage. But if you don't care about that and just want a G2 from a CB alt I say go for it.

I was thinking of pairing with this 2G Spriter Alt. Might make a cool 3G.

I'd try and find a DARKER spriter's alt if you can. A Lurker or Desipis maybe ?

Nice idea. Could try pairing with this.

Will most probably try both pairings though (if I accept the offer, I'm still 50/50).

Thanks for the advice, both :) 

Edited by Sinion Kabe

7 hours ago, Sinion Kabe said:

Is this hatchling offering worth this? What do you guys think? 

If you ever get to third gen and want a mate let me know, I can do this.

For the last couple of days, the links at the top of the pages on the site haven't been in their usual dragon-y font for

me, but the regular serif font that the rest of the text on the site pages. Has anyone else been experiencing this?