Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

5 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

I assume you're on an iPad or iPhone? It's totally Snell Roundhand. :) Since iOS can't read Comic Sans, it uses a generic cursive as a fallback. (Always good practice to have fallback typefaces)

If you're on Windows and go here, most of the lines are in Times New Roman. But you can see Snell Roundhand down there.

...well on my phone I definitively see it in Dancing Script:huh: Would that mean I don't have Snell either... and it falls back on yet another generic font?

1 hour ago, Aleoleo said:

...well on my phone I definitively see it in Dancing Script:huh: Would that mean I don't have Snell either... and it falls back on yet another generic font?

Ah... I guess Dancing Script has to be the generic "cursive" font on your phone. Tiresome for web developers to take these into account. XD 

21 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You may have another addon blocking certain things (e.g. a flash blocker if it happens to be a flash ad?), or your internet security package may block ad scripts - I know BitDefender used to do that back when I still used it.

Weird, it seems to have fixed itself today. Oh well....

Someone posted in one of the trade threads recently that they were looking for a specific Gaia x Radiant Angel. I believe I found it in the AP, but the post appears to have vanished. It's a long shot, but...does anyone know who might be looking for it?

32 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Someone posted in one of the trade threads recently that they were looking for a specific Gaia x Radiant Angel. I believe I found it in the AP, but the post appears to have vanished. It's a long shot, but...does anyone know who might be looking for it?

I think you mean @MinkishMinx

The post is still there: 

:D

Edited by pinkgothic

So I've been watching an egg for the while, waiting for it to hit the AP.

It's currently at 6 days, while most of the eggs in the AP are 6d1h. However... it still only has one view/uv/click, which it's had since it was abandoned. Did someone somehow grab it without it gaining more views? If not, why hasn't it shown up when 6d1h ones are?

It might be grabbed and the person did not click on it to look. I have had a few like this on my scroll until I tossed them into the AP hatchery. Where the pit did AP come from?

Edited by Starscream

Ahhh pooty, just picked up an egg and deliberately DID look at it and even then it still gained no views, so it probably was snagged. Thanks!

19 hours ago, Lagie said:

When did the site stop asking for confirmation that you really want to abandon something?

Did you turn off javascript? If you turn it off, the confirmation window doesn't pop. It's pretty handy when hunting the AP and having to abandon dozens of eggs.

5 hours ago, Rally Vincent said:

Did you turn off javascript? If you turn it off, the confirmation window doesn't pop. It's pretty handy when hunting the AP and having to abandon dozens of eggs.

Not that I'm aware of, but it's sn 'inherited' computer so perhaps the former owner did. I will check into it next week when I'm back at work.

Does any fansite currently give option same as EATW to check which dragons on your scroll are CB? As in, I am not looking for the number of CBs I have, I have too many unidentified dragons and I used EATW to find CB ones from my scroll. I am assuming it's a lost cause for now, but just checking.

I don't think there are any. Obviously some of them (AOND, Valley Sherwood) give you your growing dragons' lineages but not the adults. I personally went through them and made a spreadsheet to keep track, my gf did the same as Dragon_Arbock.

Yeah the tool on EatW was the only one that worked in such detail. Now I just name my CBs lazy names like "cb winter m 1" as soon as they hatch so I know which is which, until I breed them... We really need a caveborn/bred filter on our scrolls - but that's been already suggested a while ago, several times.

Edited by Orchi'dea

On 2/9/2018 at 5:04 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Is there any way, any option or something, to make the forum go to the actual unread PM in a conversation when you click on the notification? The little letter icon at the top, when it shows I have a new message and I click on that message, it takes me to the very beginning of that conversation. Then I have to scroll all the way down to find the most recent reply, which gets very annoying with longer conversations.

Bumping this as these "conversations " are starting to drive me nuts.

Actually - join me ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Questions regarding 2-way Teleports :

So when you click a 1-way transfer for an egg and you're egglocked, you can see it but not accept it, that makes sense. But if you have a link to a trade to receive an egg, you can offer up a hatchling, even though that would put you over your egg limit. What happens then ? Is the other person unable to accept your offer, or do you get the egg and it's auto-abandoned ? 

I believe the other person would be unable to accept your offer. Sometimes I see egg-for-hatchie trading posts on the forums bumped with an additional message like "please don't offer if you are egg-locked," so I assume that they got an offer by someone who was egg-locked and the original person was unable to accept said offer.

I am not 100% sure on this though.

Edited by Lucere

Neither party can accept any trade that will take them over their egg limit. Or indeed their overall limit (as in when someone offers two hatchlings for one, and the recipient already has their max number of growing things.)

No autoing - it will just say that you can't.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Question... I did something pretty dumb and ended up killing a CB Valentines egg and just assumed I could get another one after 24 hours once it stops counting towards my scroll limits. But after 2 days it's still being listed under Breed Limit, 2/2 of the Valentine's Day dragon. Does it mean as long as the dead egg remains on my scroll for the remainder of 2 weeks, I can't get another Valentines of that breed anymore? That would suck if it did, since I didn't see any specific warnings about that mentioned anywhere on the Help pages. 

@Mizashi I am afraid that is exactly what it means. The cave still identifies it as the breed and doesn't distinguish between dead and alive. I'm not sure about eggs. I think they do actually poof after the two weeks, but be very careful about killing adults. The site does not clear the data on dead dragons any more (thus you can still see a dead adult with its name under the tombstone in lineages) so for limited releases you will never be able to replace a killed dragon such as GoN

14 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

@Mizashi I am afraid that is exactly what it means. The cave still identifies it as the breed and doesn't distinguish between dead and alive. I'm not sure about eggs. I think they do actually poof after the two weeks, but be very careful about killing adults. The site does not clear the data on dead dragons any more (thus you can still see a dead adult with its name under the tombstone in lineages) so for limited releases you will never be able to replace a killed dragon such as GoN

Thank you for the detailed explanation! I didn't know about the adults and will definitely stay away from doing anything for CB limited edition dragons from now on.

It would still be nice to see an adjustment on the Help section (on the Kill page or Breed Limits page) to address the availability of special edition dragons when they have a breed limit in place and what happens if they die/are killed, just to clear up any confusions or misunderstandings.

I just noticed this but if you look at this dragon's progeny no children are listed as being fathered by the red Gemshard and yet he appears on the list of mates. Likewise if I look at the Gemshard's progeny the Rosebud appears as the only mate but again no children are listed. If their children were dead wouldn't it just show tombstones?

I think it is because those eggs are still in the AP, They will show on the dragon's view page and you can look at them from there, but until they are picked up and living on someone's scroll, they won't show on the progeny page.

No, I am wrong. I just checked some of mine and they still show. Also, at least one of yours is on a scroll. But the eggs are not dead. If you go to the mother's view page and click on the codes, you can see them and they are alive. I don't know why they don't show in progeny.

Edited by purplehaze

22 hours ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I do not know of any. I manually went through and added all my CBs to a group.

It would be really nice of we could put 'caveborn' into the group sort box and all the CB's showed *sighs*.