Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Any text added in my sig using the "Comic Sans MS" font shows up with a completely different font on mobile. Does anyone know what font it is? It's pretty.

You mean it looks different on mobile ? Chances are that's just that you don't have comic sans on there ? Your sig on my PC is DEFINITELY Comic sans. I'll go find my tablet....

Is there any way, any option or something, to make the forum go to the actual unread PM in a conversation when you click on the notification? The little letter icon at the top, when it shows I have a new message and I click on that message, it takes me to the very beginning of that conversation. Then I have to scroll all the way down to find the most recent reply, which gets very annoying with longer conversations.

40 minutes ago, Aleoleo said:

Any text added in my sig using the "Comic Sans MS" font shows up with a completely different font on mobile. Does anyone know what font it is? It's pretty.

14 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You mean it looks different on mobile ? Chances are that's just that you don't have comic sans on there ? Your sig on my PC is DEFINITELY Comic sans. I'll go find my tablet....

OK - it just looks like Arial to me - or POSSIBLY Calibri.

You mean it looks different on mobile - this line is Arial.

I don't THINK I can use Calibri here... but this line is trebuchet, it says....

The fonts we can use are very limited now that we can't use BBcode.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

@Fuzzbucket Heh, I didn't even consider that the different look on mobile might be because I don't have Comic on it. That might just be it! It's definitively not Arial either, though. It's a cursive like font. 

Anyway, thanks for the help! :)

Edit: found it! It's called "Dancing Script" ^_^

Edited by Aleoleo

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Is there any way, any option or something, to make the forum go to the actual unread PM in a conversation when you click on the notification? The little letter icon at the top, when it shows I have a new message and I click on that message, it takes me to the very beginning of that conversation. Then I have to scroll all the way down to find the most recent reply, which gets very annoying with longer conversations.

Not that I have found. And I agree that it is very annoying. Especially when the message has gone to multiple pages, but you are always led to the top of the first page.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

@Fuzzbucket Just out of curiosity, when you quote yourself do you get a notification that you've been quoted? 

No. But I have notifications turned off, so....

That is a VERY odd font to have ending up in your sig....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Since the changes to sweetlings and the changes were changed "back", if I release my frozen alt, will the one I pick up from the cave be alt or pink?

7 minutes ago, Wookieinmashoo said:

Since the changes to sweetlings and the changes were changed "back", if I release my frozen alt, will the one I pick up from the cave be alt or pink?

As I understood, it would be pink, since it has no black parent. We won't know for sure until the first ones hatch though.

27 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

As I understood, it would be pink, since it has no black parent. We won't know for sure until the first ones hatch though.

Thanks, I guess I'll just have to wait. I was really looking forward to replacing my frozen hatchling

If an egg is in th AP is it still possible for it to grow up? I had an egg auto-abandon (didn't realize I was scroll locked) and now it's stuck behind the Valentine wall, if I add it to click sites will it still grow up or is it doomed to die?

It might - if you are ABLE to add it. It would then end up wild.

Such eggs can be added to sites that accept egg codes for entry, e.g. VallySherwood for ER things, or Silvi's.

6 hours ago, Aleoleo said:

@Fuzzbucket Heh, I didn't even consider that the different look on mobile might be because I don't have Comic on it. That might just be it! It's definitively not Arial either, though. It's a cursive like font. 

Anyway, thanks for the help! :)

Edit: found it! It's called "Dancing Script" ^_^

I assume you're on an iPad or iPhone? It's totally Snell Roundhand. :) Since iOS can't read Comic Sans, it uses a generic cursive as a fallback. (Always good practice to have fallback typefaces)

If you're on Windows and go here, most of the lines are in Times New Roman. But you can see Snell Roundhand down there.

When did the site stop asking for confirmation that you really want to abandon something?

Yes, it does.  If you set up  the tele link you will see the time it will have after it's accepted.

49 minutes ago, Lagie said:

When did the site stop asking for confirmation that you really want to abandon something?

The site's still asking me to confirm if I want to abandon something. I wonder if it was just a glitch? How long has it not been asking you for confirmation?

Edit: That last was redundant, given your own question :P. What I meant was: is it still happening?

Edited by Alectrona

29 minutes ago, Alectrona said:

The site's still asking me to confirm if I want to abandon something. I wonder if it was just a glitch? How long has it not been asking you for confirmation?

Edit: That last was redundant, given your own question :P. What I meant was: is it still happening?

It is asking now, on my phone. Earlier on my work computer (Google Chrome) it wasn't.

When I tried on Chrome it worked fine. My best guess would be a brief glitch, unless anyone else is also experiencing it. Let's hope it doesn't become a long-term problem!

2 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I can't remember if incubate wears off once an egg is in a teleport link. Help? XD

Incubate doesn't exactly wear off when the egg is in the link -- until it is accepted or a trade is completed. But anyone looking at teleport will see the time remaining without the incubate. It will still show on your scroll with the incubated time and will hatch at that time if it is not traded before that.

I have never had to double ward an egg against sickness before.

I warded my radiant angels yesterday because they got sick. But now they are sick again. And I cannot ward them again despite it wearing off yesterday.

Is this a glitch, or a design? It seems silly to limit the egg to one protective stint of 6 hours!

44 minutes ago, Nathair said:

I have never had to double ward an egg against sickness before.

I warded my radiant angels yesterday because they got sick. But now they are sick again. And I cannot ward them again despite it wearing off yesterday.

Is this a glitch, or a design? It seems silly to limit the egg to one protective stint of 6 hours!

It is the way it is designed. A lot of people have agreed that it doesn't make sense.

With that said, though, it is always well to be more careful with your eggs around the holidays. There is more traffic in the hatcheries then, making it more likely that they will get overviewed. I always wait longer to post my eggs during these times.

thanks @purplehaze. I always wait 2 days (even after incubate) until i add them. The buggers still got sick. It miffs me. Looks like im stuck fogging then even though they hatch in less than an hour.