Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

6 minutes ago, Irabane said:

This'll be my first Valentine's Day event on Dragon Cave, so I'm just wondering when the event typically starts (so that I don't accidentally lock my scroll immediately prior or something). :)

00:00 morning on the 8th of February, if I recall correctly.

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

00:00 morning on the 8th of February, if I recall correctly.

Awesome, thanks so much!

3 hours ago, Wiz said:

Wow thanks for the link. So use fertility the first time even if it's during the correct holiday season or you could trigger a 'hidden' refusal.

Personally, if I had a pair that I wanted to successfully breed during the rest of the year, I would use Fertility and do the first breeding outside the holiday breeding week to be sure they were a viable pair. You know you have no worries during the holiday week, so there could be nasty surprises (even if rare) in store if you do the first breeding in the holiday week.

11 minutes ago, raindear said:

Personally, if I had a pair that I wanted to successfully breed during the rest of the year, I would use Fertility and do the first breeding outside the holiday breeding week to be sure they were a viable pair. You know you have no worries during the holiday week, so there could be nasty surprises (even if rare) in store if you do the first breeding in the holiday week.

Yeah that's what I try to do but Valentine's crept up on me and now it's too late.

But if you get an egg in season, you'd not want another from the same pair for the same line; you'd get inbreeding....

40 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But if you get an egg in season, you'd not want another from the same pair for the same line; you'd get inbreeding....

I mean.. gifting is a thing.

Question : how hard is summoning a Guardian supposed to be ? I kinda assumed low odds, but then I got one on my first try so.... I guess I don't know how impressed to be ?

Be impressed. My first took almost THREE YEARS. It  is easier now, I gather, but even so - first shot is fantastically good luck.

Odds can be odd at times :lol:

Usually, multiple sets of trios increase your chances, but otherwise, it's mostly luck. Congrats :)

Hot damn ! :shades:

I only have one full trio (+ 1 lone Thunder) so I guess I'm really lucky, nice surprise.

I'm pretty new and only have 2 purple dragons to ward off refusals.  I just got two complete refusals in a row from what I would think of as pretty simple pairings--a Kyanite/Magelight pygmy pair and Royal Blue/Golden Wyvern pair.  2 with one right after another seems unusual.  Should I just give up on all breeding until after the event is over?  With fewer than 200 dragons, I don't need them refusing each other!

if you specially want holidays - I'd take the risk. You WILL get a holiday egg, and TJ has said using purple AFTER the season will now still work. If you mean for common breeds, why not wait and collect more purples ?

Yeah--that's what I should do, I guess.  I just wanted to move forward on my lineages.  I should just go ahead and grab some purples and wait to breed until the hoopla is over.  I'm not a huge fan of the Valentine's dragons--I really only like the Radiant and last year's, waiting for the frenzy to die down to grab some in a few days. 

40 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I'm pretty new and only have 2 purple dragons to ward off refusals.  I just got two complete refusals in a row from what I would think of as pretty simple pairings--a Kyanite/Magelight pygmy pair and Royal Blue/Golden Wyvern pair.  2 with one right after another seems unusual.  Should I just give up on all breeding until after the event is over?  With fewer than 200 dragons, I don't need them refusing each other!

Refusals are random and have nothing at all to do with the breed of dragon (except for Turpentines, who do refuse more often). You may go a long time with no refusals and then get hit with a lot. As Fuzz said, collecting Purples is the best way to protect against them.

When a dragon's timer gets down to '0 days', how much time does it actually have left? Does it go from 1 hour to 0 days as soon as it drops below 1 hour, so a 0-day dragon may have 59 minutes left, or is it a shorter time? (waiting impatiently for a zombie-fodder hatchie to die)

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

When a dragon's timer gets down to '0 days', how much time does it actually have left? Does it go from 1 hour to 0 days as soon as it drops below 1 hour, so a 0-day dragon may have 59 minutes left, or is it a shorter time? (waiting impatiently for a zombie-fodder hatchie to die)

It should actually die the moment it's down to 0.

Nope. My fogged black hatchie has said 

Hatchling will die if it doesn’t grow up in: 0 days

for roughly 20 minutes now.

edit: It died!

Edited by HeatherMarie

So my Valentine's Day Leetle Tree--I can't make out the picture.  It looks like two critters with a heart above them, but what kind of critters are they?

6 minutes ago, Brekke said:

But this is Dragon Cave!

And? Dragons live in a world with trees and insects and dinos and drakes and plenty of other animals as indicated in some breed information, so why not have lovebirds in a tree?

I just noticed that I get the banners for when I have my adblock enabled on the site, while I actually don't have it enabled, as you can see in this image.

Untitled-1.png

You may have another addon blocking certain things (e.g. a flash blocker if it happens to be a flash ad?), or your internet security package may block ad scripts - I know BitDefender used to do that back when I still used it.