Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Thank you for the feedback, Fuzzbucket and Orchi'dea! So he was just not in the mood... I'm glad it's just that...

I don't think Fertility changes multiclutch results, I *think* it only raises the chance at getting an egg at all. I'd love to be corrected though :lol:

@Fuzzbucket They checked thrice to make sure they used Fertility, so I do think it was part of the question. ;)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I don't think fertility was kind of the question; I think it was a question of whether celestials ever produce multiclutches when bred with prizes. Yes :) (I was a bit surprised to get TWO in one clutch though !)

Can a mod help please?  Trying for zombies this morning, I killed my first dragon and got "You have already used 'revive' on this dragon."  I hadn't.  I tried again and got the same message with the second one I tried.  Two gone, three attempts left.  Except it only gave me two more attempts.  I've not used the kill facility at all in January, I've checked.

What's happened?

30 minutes ago, quinney said:

Can a mod help please?  Trying for zombies this morning, I killed my first dragon and got "You have already used 'revive' on this dragon."  I hadn't.  I tried again and got the same message with the second one I tried.  Two gone, three attempts left.  Except it only gave me two more attempts.  I've not used the kill facility at all in January, I've checked.

If you believe it was a glitch, a thread of its own is in order for it to be noticed ;)

Did you perchance try to use the same dragons in previous months already and got them successfully revived instead of zombiefied?

34 minutes ago, quinney said:

What's happened?

If you used your Vampires recently and killed an egg by biting, it also takes a kill slot. Should be viewable in your action log like so:

image.png.3339c678b718ce7f583f214ac91e4494.png

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

If you believe it was a glitch, a thread of its own is in order for it to be noticed ;)

Did you perchance try to use the same dragons in previous months already and got them successfully revived instead of zombiefied?

Amazon's already mentioned that to me and since although my first thought is no, I can't be 100% sure so I'm going to take that on the chin.

I still only got four kill slots allowed, and I think my actions page can prove I've not used used any in January?

Just realised (thanks rinoa!) I used a vampire yesterday.

All sorted, sorry for my hiccups and thanks everyone!

Edited by quinney

Can someone help me test a PM function?

If someone PMs me, and I respond and then leave the "conversation," is it possible to invite me back in?

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

@angelicdragonpuppy

Messaging you.

edit: messaged you :)

Thanks Ruby! Just tried to re-add you and couldn't. I wanted to make a help thread because I thought it was working this way, but wanted to double check.

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

@angelicdragonpuppy

Messaging you.

edit: messaged you :)

Nope: image.png.5961b9d5486cd071f36eda5e65b93147.png

I don't understand this as I did EXACTLY THAT the other day when one of my students left by accident.

Well, I had to add them back in - from the link where it said they had left.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I'm PMing you so you can try. When you read it, leave.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND - you were out and now are in !!!!!

add.png.20fc9994a381986a45fbd46e4d08bc59.png

That's the arrow. When they have left, you get a drop down with the option to add them back in.

What determines being able to see a user description before its fully approved? I have the option checked in my account settings to be able to, but neither my friends or I can see my pending descriptions on my dragons.

I think the description needs to have a certain number of 'accept's before it's visible. Not moderator accepts, but accepts from regular users who help with description stuff.

24 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I think the description needs to have a certain number of 'accept's before it's visible. Not moderator accepts, but accepts from regular users who help with description stuff.

Ah, that would make sense. Thank you!

Not sure if this is just me or DC: no matter what I click (dragons, account, biomes), the page always loads without the style first. That is, white background etc. for a moment before it changes to the normal look. As if it didn't cache the style sheet and had to load it again every time, I guess.

I updated and restarted the browser (Firefox 58) but no change. I use the default DC skin.

Is anybody else noticing this on DC today, or is it just my browser...?

Edit:

I created a new browser profile and it doesn't happen there. So maybe the browser profile I use for DC became too big (history data and cookies and stuff). It's weird that it started doing this so suddenly, but in any case it doesn't seem to be a site problem.

Edited by Confused Cat

I notice it on my scroll page, but I figured it was my laptop crying about having to load big images.

Edit. Well then. Cave came back up, saw the biomes for one refresh, lagged for two minutes, and now everything is errors.

Anddd.. back to maintainence

Okay, now it's back to normal. That was weird.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

I just want to double-check my understanding about something, because I made myself a little confused. I know you can name zombies after making them, I've done that. If I remember discussion around here correctly, you *can't* un-name actual dead dragons, correct? What if you name a dragon, then kill it, then successfully turn it into a zombie, can you re-name that? I would think so, but I'd like to make sure before I go naming my zombie-fodder hatchies.

Yes - if they make it to zombieness, you can rename them.

But I WISH I had remembered to un-name all the ones I killed and which stayed dead yesterday :(

EEE you changed your name. I saw the avvie, and thought someone else was using it !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

lol Yeah, finally changed it to include my actual real name. Thanks for the answer!