Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Her egg displays the tagline ".....owner not/is accepting help". So someone does have it. Abandoned eggs floating don't have that til they are picked up.

Her egg displays the tagline ".....owner not/is accepting help". So someone does have it. Abandoned eggs floating don't have that til they are picked up.

I'm pretty sure abandoned eggs that haven't been picked up will show whatever the setting is from the scroll they came from.

I just grabbed a high time egg from the AP to check it's date. Was laid on Oct 3, the lost egg is still in the pile with an Oct 4 laid date. Nobody has it yet.

I'm pretty sure abandoned eggs that haven't been picked up will show whatever the setting is from the scroll they came from.

All I checked (without picking them up) showed the (Please note that it is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission.) line even when the scroll they came from is set to accept help.

Must have changed at some point, ever since I tested that myself some years ago (Set my scroll to accept, autoed an egg, and it still said "accept". Changed my setting to "no aid" and autoed another egg. The new egg showed "no aid" while the old one still said "accept".)

Nowadays indeed every abandoned egg shows "(Please note that it is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission.)" while they're flowing in AP limbo (I just tested this with "accept" on and the dropped egg instantly changed to "no aid").

Either way, they always showed that line, it never disappeared completely.

Ok then. Guess I'm just an old dog who hasn't kept up with new tricks, lol.

It's against the rules to create a new Forum account in order to get a different name, correct?

I've been dreading this Forum name for the past 3 years. I was a childish, stupid kid who came up with a super dumb name and now I regret it dry.gif

It's against the rules to create a new Forum account in order to get a different name, correct?

I've been dreading this Forum name for the past 3 years. I was a childish, stupid kid who came up with a super dumb name and now I regret it dry.gif

That is correct. Join the ranks of those who regret their first choice. wink.gif

That is correct. Join the ranks of those who regret their first choice. wink.gif

Awww drat!

Thank you ^^

Forum related question...

Is there any way to make other people's posts appear as plain black text? I struggle to read a lot of the other colours used, and some of the most commonly used colours are actually painful to me.

What is so special about z code dragons?

Some of us just like to collect them! biggrin.gif There is a whole thread about it here.

@Ansela Jonla - Not that I know. I share your difficulty with some of them, so if you find a way I will be anxious to hear!

Edited by purplehaze

Is it right that there is no thread for Eggs around the World in the Fansites subforum?

Actually the site is down and i just want to post that in the right thread. sad.gif Putting critters in at least two hatcheries seems necessary sometimes just in case if somthing happens like this.

Is it right that there is no thread for Eggs around the World in the Fansites subforum?

Actually the site is down and i just want to post that in the right thread.  sad.gif Putting critters in at least two hatcheries seems necessary sometimes just in case if somthing happens like this.

I noticed that, too.

I also can't get into the site. I've been trying to add things there for a while now sad.gif

Edited by predatorfan4ever

Forum related question...

Is there any way to make other people's posts appear as plain black text? I struggle to read a lot of the other colours used, and some of the most commonly used colours are actually painful to me.

It doesn't appear to be available in the forum settings, but depending on your browser, you may be able to set your own font preferences and prevent webpages from displaying in their native settings.

For instance, I use SeaMonkey, and If I go to font preferences, there's a checkbox that says 'Allow documents to use other fonts'.

It doesn't appear to be available in the forum settings, but depending on your browser, you may be able to set your own font preferences and prevent webpages from displaying in their native settings.

For instance, I use SeaMonkey, and If I go to font preferences, there's a checkbox that says 'Allow documents to use other fonts'.

Couldn't find anything in Chrome settings for colour, but I did find one for size, which is another pet peeve of mine (people who persistently post in the tiniest font possible).

Couldn't find anything in Chrome settings for colour, but I did find one for size, which is another pet peeve of mine (people who persistently post in the tiniest font possible).

I hate that too. I see no reason to type so it's unreadable. What I do if I want to read the post is either copy and paste. I use sticky notes on my computer or just hit the quote button. The text will be normal size. I also wish there was a way to turn off the colored text. Some is hard to read, some trigger my migraines.

For colored text, I hit the right button on my mouse and choose "select all" - it highlights the text in blue and turns it white - not ideal (I'd prefer black) but at least I can read it then.

For colored text, I hit the right button on my mouse and choose "select all" - it highlights the text in blue and turns it white - not ideal (I'd prefer black) but at least I can read it then.

For some reason there's no "select all" on my right-click.

@annageckos

If someone's text is unreadable, I just go with the idea that it can't be that important if they've gone out of their way to render it illegible.

For some reason there's no "select all" on my right-click.

Ctrl+A also works, if you're on Windows.

How do I get the 1:15 ratio? Which click sites should I put my egg on in order to get it?

How do I get the 1:15 ratio? Which click sites should I put my egg on in order to get it?

hitting it exactly can be difficult. The easiest way would likely be to put it a click site and also use an auto-refresher of some kind on the egg page. Firefox has an auto-refresh addon.

If you are trying to get max views/viewbomb hatchlings to death you could try simply putting them everywhere you can find.

Edited by DragonLady86

I use "sort by: account default" on my /dragons page. Can I choose "name" or "breed" and then change back to "account default" without messing up my dragon sorting? I want to keep every dragon in their places but I need to find those whose name starts with Zum. (Some of them are frozen so my usual method of clicking a male and a female dragon's breeding partner list won't help.)