Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

No, there is no option to change your forum name, either.

Some people like to have different forum and scroll names for privacy/security reasons, but I have always had mine matching and it has never been a problem for me.

Some people like to have different forum and scroll names for privacy/security reasons, but I have always had mine matching and it has never been a problem for me.

Alright, thank for the information, it's nice to at least know xd.png

Thanks again Purplehaze, much appreciated! smile.gif

You can PM a mod to request a forum name change. I think you need a good reason for them to approve the request, though.

You can PM a mod to request a forum name change. I think you need a good reason for them to approve the request, though.

Yeah, I've heard that. Awe well, nothing I can do, I'll just have to deal with this username xd.png

Thanks for the input AGYK, much appreciated! smile.gif

Does anyone know if there is a new "Incubate for Me" type thread opened or opening soon? I saw the old one was supposed to be closed on July 20th, or at least hasn't had new posts since.

Does anyone know if there is a new "Incubate for Me" type thread opened or opening soon? I saw the old one was supposed to be closed on July 20th, or at least hasn't had new posts since.

Have you contacted the OP to see if there's still a group account in the works?

What's a good, stable site for uploading sprites for the completed list?

I'm a fan of TinyPic for stable image hosting. Their featureset is pretty basic unless you make an account, though: upload a picture, get a link, share your link. Their help page says making an account lets you do things like make albums or edit pictures you've uploaded.

I've always used Photobucket, never had a problem. Very easy to use, very stable.

I've always used Photobucket, never had a problem. Very easy to use, very stable.

I love photobucket myself - what I was originally using for many, many years - but it's difficult to get just the isolated image off of PB, so while it's fine for regular purposes, it should only be used as a last resort for completed requests. ^^

'm a fan of TinyPic for stable image hosting. Their featureset is pretty basic unless you make an account, though: upload a picture, get a link, share your link. Their help page says making an account lets you do things like make albums or edit pictures you've uploaded.

If you make an account, do they not rotate the image urls for older images? Because that has caused problems in the past, not only for dragon requests, but with sigs, avvies, etc. =o

If you make an account, do they not rotate the image urls for older images? Because that has caused problems in the past, not only for dragon requests, but with sigs, avvies, etc. =o

Not sure about that. I wasn't even aware they rotated URLs, and I don't have any older uploads handy to go and look.

Not sure about that. I wasn't even aware they rotated URLs, and I don't have any older uploads handy to go and look.

Yeah, it's supposed to just be for images that haven't been viewed in a while, but I'm not sure what the criteria for that viewing is because we've had avvie/sig trouble for active forum members.

@Sock: Is there a way to use things from sta.sh in the format, though? D:

Edit: Oh, wait, you can right click on it to get a .gif format... is that stable?

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

If a hatchling has enough views to grow up, will it still die if it runs out of time while fogged? Trying to get lots of mature hatchlings for zombie fodder without using kill slots.

If a hatchling has enough views to grow up, will it still die if it runs out of time while fogged? Trying to get lots of mature hatchlings for zombie fodder without using kill slots.

Fogged dragons cannot move on to the next growth stage if they are hidden. They will die if they are fogged when their timer hits 0.

Do Zombies keep their original breed name on their page? Or just Zombie Dragon or nothing

They just say "Undead Dragon." However, they'll still sort as whatever they used to be if you set your scroll to sort by breed. http://dragcave.net/lineage/SZN3 sorts at the very top of my scroll since she used to be a split, while my other zombies are elsewhere.

Do Zombies keep their original breed name on their page? Or just Zombie Dragon or nothing

As far as I know, Zombies are labeled as the breed Zombie, but they still count as their original breed! This means that if you, for some strange reason, Zombiefy a Guardian of Nature or a Holiday, you can't get a replacement.

Not for sure on the first part, but I'm certain about the last part. smile.gif

From my zombie hatchling's page:

Owner: purplehaze

Breed: Undead Dragon

But when I do a temporary breed sort of my scroll, she ends up with the Nocturnes, which is what she was before I zombified her.

Edited by purplehaze

From my zombie hatchling's page:

Owner: purplehaze

Breed: Undead Dragon

But when I do a temporary breed sort of my scroll, she ends up with the Nocturnes, which is what she was before I zombified her.

I'm too much of a coward to even try but, should I assume that if someone would "zombiefy" a GoN, they would not be able to summon a replacement?

I'm too much of a coward to even try but, should I assume that if someone would "zombiefy" a GoN, they would not be able to summon a replacement?

I believe that is true, but I would not try it, either. wink.gif I think someone has done it in the past and reported being unable to summon, but I don't know who it was or where I saw it.

Somebody tried it long long ago in a galaxy far far away... and the general consensus was that zombies kept their original breed, making it impossible for the unfortunate experimenter to summon again. (This was pre-Expunge, when zombies were permanent.)

Regarding the egg in my signature , would it have hit the AP already or is it still in limbo?

Regarding the egg in my signature , would it have hit the AP already or is it still in limbo?

The extra day in the AP is not added on the view page until the egg has been picked up.

So if the day it was hatched matches up with how much time it has left, it hasn't been picked up yet.

Your egg was born the 4th and is at 5 days left. It's the 6th, so it's been two days, which means 5 days left. It has not hit the AP.

If you check out eggs in the AP, they are at 5d 7 hr and were born the 3rd. That's three days, which should be 4 days left. They have 5 days left, so they have had a day added to their timer.

Your egg needs to display, on its view page, one day below the AP before it will begin to show up. If eggs stay at 5d 7hr left, your egg will need to tick down to 4d 7hr left before it is on the AP. You'll know it gets picked up when the extra day is added back.