Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

It disappeared as soon as Christmas 'ended' officially (event not included). It seems to only display when it's 'relevant'. I'd rather have it year-round, personally.

14 minutes ago, leaf0701 said:

Anyone know if there are plans to reopen EATW?

In the list of active fansites thread in the fansites section, Ext3h said that it's gone forever. It's not reopening.

Just now, Peachycupcake525 said:

In the list of active fansites thread in the fansites section, Ext3h said that it's gone forever. It's not reopening.

Well that's depressing. Fingers crossed that nothing like this ever happens again

I was wondering if anyone knows if a bot (Discord chat bot, to be specific) to alert you if your things get sick would be against DC's rules? Not sure if this has been asked before but if it has, I'd love to know. :)

12 minutes ago, StarSea said:

I was wondering if anyone knows if a bot (Discord chat bot, to be specific) to alert you if your things get sick would be against DC's rules?

I don't know for sure, but I would say probably.

There was a hatchery that checked scrolls for sickness, but it had to remove that feature. I think it was because the sickness information is not actually in the data accessible via API, but only in the HTML page that is intended to be viewed through a browser, and automatically requesting/analyzing that page is not allowed. (Which is what the bot would have to do, I assume.)

I can't find it in the terms and conditions now, but I'm quite sure I read something like it a few years ago.

Having a hard time finding and adding badges. Would like the new DC purple dragon counter and the fire or blaze badge. 

7 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

Would like the new DC purple dragon counter

You mean this one?

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/169995-tiny-little-questions/?do=findComment&comment=9611242

The event badges can be found in the according threads, obviously:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/181324-🔥-blaze-it-dc-holidays-event-2017-team-fire/ (scroll down)

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/181327-❄️-let-it-snow-team-ice-dc-2107-event-❄️/

Edited by Ruby Eyes

It's too bad that badge isn't in a more accessible place. It will soon be deeply buried. :(

Anyone wanting to use it can ask anyone who has it in their sig through - that was usually what happened with the EATW ones.

Well, I see Ruby Eyes has added it into her "How to use the new forum" post, too, so maybe that will help.

How do you make the new banner? 

I tried but as you can see in my sig it did not work

17 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

is there an active mod that i can pm who can move topics?

Earth Gurl, perhaps?

51 minutes ago, CellyBean said:

is there an active mod that i can pm who can move topics?

Lagie already answered, but to further answer you... For Site Discussion, either Earth Gurl or purpledragonclaw. A list of ALL Staff and their respective sections can be found here for future reference as well.

1 minute ago, zombiemoon said:

what are the chances a Silver dragon bred with a Script dragons breeds a silver dragon?

Very, VERY low (no numbers are available to players). But Silvers are Rare and Scripts are VERY, so getting a COMMON out of them isn't exactly easy at the time (in case of older commons)

Dont we have a topic to collect free to use badges? I couldnt find one even with search function.

Would be damn nice, i cant think that such thing doesnt exist at all

Hope its one with a main/start post linking to the ones that got posted in the thread by thier creators with a line "Feel free to use that badge!" and so

There are so many nice ones and i remember some later and forget who had it to message them

Edited by Yubelchen

16 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

I don't know for sure, but I would say probably.

There was a hatchery that checked scrolls for sickness, but it had to remove that feature. I think it was because the sickness information is not actually in the data accessible via API, but only in the HTML page that is intended to be viewed through a browser, and automatically requesting/analyzing that page is not allowed. (Which is what the bot would have to do, I assume.)

I can't find it in the terms and conditions now, but I'm quite sure I read something like it a few years ago.

It sounds like you're thinking of Eatw in which case it didn't scan pages for sickness, it literally avoided things getting sick by using DC's sickness formula, which is blatantly against the rules. And even then, the code wasn't removed.

Edit:
Someone informed me that you may be talking about a thing Silvi's had had, which I didn't even know had been a thing, which was the breed stats checking and TJ has a post right here explaining why that was an issue. He's also posted elsewhere explaining that hatcheries having a "breeds in the hatchery" statistic is a bad idea because people will look at those stats and rely on them to say whether something is becoming too common or not when hatchery contents by no means compares to the actual breed numbers on the entirety of DC (massive paraphrasing, I'll have to go find the post and link for better informing (maybe I'm thinking of this post though but I don't think I had read that post before now hmmm)).

Although now that I've found this, the part about bypassing the API somewhat answers my question about checking things for sickness.

Edited by StarSea

Can I start a thread somewhere in the forum offering to write descriptions for other people? I know there have to be some people who'd like to have descs but don't feel ike their writing (or their English) is good enough. Would that be breaking any rules though?

What are the chances of influence failing? It's always worked for me so far (though I've only been using it for a couple months). I know you can use precog to check if influence is successful, so does that mean there's a fail rate?

I've had influence fail. More recently I had it fail twice just before Christmas. I use influence on most of my dragons though and it doesn't fail often. It seems to happen in clumps.

1 hour ago, Wiz said:

I've had influence fail. More recently I had it fail twice just before Christmas. I use influence on most of my dragons though and it doesn't fail often. It seems to happen in clumps.

Thanks for the info! :)