Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

It is just me or is the bar filling up one point at a time? I am doing the hardest puzzle in the christmas event and it seems to be going up only by one point.

21 minutes ago, Nightwatcher said:

It is just me or is the bar filling up one point at a time? I am doing the hardest puzzle in the christmas event and it seems to be going up only by one point.

It isn't your personal bar, it is a cumulative bar of all users. I don't know how many people it takes to move the bar, but I have sometimes seen no difference at all when I enter one hard puzzle.

Edited by purplehaze

I've been using Chrome recently to better catch Holiday eggs and now I wanted to go back to Firefox, and there suddenly the lineage views are all messed up.

This is what they look like, instead of the usual family tree:

dc-lineage-view.png?w=300

I'm sure it wasn't displayed like this when I last used Firefox... and with Chrome the family tree is displayed.

Did I accidentally change some settings that I shouldn't have? Any idea how to get the family tree view again? Thanks a lot!

edit: playing around with the Browser/add on settings I realized that it has something to do with Adblock - when I deactivate the addon, I see the family tree... but of course I don't wanna deactivate Adblock. And I can't figure out what I might have clicked that the lineage display changed, or how to undo it - any ideas?

edit2: never mind - I removed and installed Adblock again and the problem's solved.

Edited by Ashtoret

This question may seem silly.

I just had offspring reappear on this dragons progeny page.

Now I am aware of people fogging eggs. This completely vanished. Fogged eggs disappear from progeny pages and their own pages do not exist. But as far as I have seen the fogged egg's code still appears on the parents "children" area - the eggs code was NOT there. This egg just up and vanished then suddenly reappeared as an adult? The only thing I can guess is a site coding glitch that fixed itself when the dragon grew up? Has this happened to anyone else.

41 minutes ago, Nathair said:

This question may seem silly.

I just had offspring reappear on this dragons progeny page.

Now I am aware of people fogging eggs. This completely vanished. Fogged eggs disappear from progeny pages and their own pages do not exist. But as far as I have seen the fogged egg's code still appears on the parents "children" area - the eggs code was NOT there. This egg just up and vanished then suddenly reappeared as an adult? The only thing I can guess is a site coding glitch that fixed itself when the dragon grew up? Has this happened to anyone else.

I noticed that the fogged offspring isn't shown at all on the parent's children site, as well, - not even the code or a cloud of fog - even though the other parent still is listed. Seems to be normal.

As for the reppearing as an adult: Maybe the egg you watched was fogged the whole time until it hatched (at the right time and with low time it doesn't take more than 30 minutes for an egg to go from 0 views to hatching), and then fogged again til it was ER, and then quickly got enough views to grow up. Unless you monitored the egg 24/7, that's imo the likeliest explanation for it not showing up as an egg or hatchling and then showing up as an adult.

Edited by Ashtoret

@Ashtoret, thanks for the reply. :lol: My only possibly theory is the code that appears on the parents page glitched out. So, if its nothing then great! Did not know if it was a Solstice repeat (egg sprite vanished then reappeared next cracking stage).

Thuwed question: Are there any known TJ-dragons that do *not* say "Verified Thuwed" on their view page? 

Nevermind, answered that myself. Next question, what's the difference between TJ's "Verified Thuwed"s and the non-verified ones? Are the verified ones just the older breeds, and the newer ones don't say that (based on a quick glance at some of TJ's newer-release dragons)? Or does he verify some and not others? Does anyone know, or is this a TJ-secret?

42 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Thuwed question: Are there any known TJ-dragons that do *not* say "Verified Thuwed" on their view page? 

Nevermind, answered that myself. Next question, what's the difference between TJ's "Verified Thuwed"s and the non-verified ones? Are the verified ones just the older breeds, and the newer ones don't say that (based on a quick glance at some of TJ's newer-release dragons)? Or does he verify some and not others? Does anyone know, or is this a TJ-secret?

Which ones aren't verified? I'm dumb and apparently can't find them. LOLOL

48 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

The (large number of) unpaired ones don't have that message. Feel free to suggest and discuss possible pairings here.

Maybe one day I'll do better at managing to breed my dragons.

Oh, thanks for the answer TJ! 

@Jazeki TJ's Baikalas, Risen/Setsongs, Scripts, and Carinas from the News posts don't have the "verified" text. Those are the only ones I checked, there are probably more.

1 hour ago, Marie19R said:

Oh, thanks for the answer TJ! 

@Jazeki TJ's Baikalas, Risen/Setsongs, Scripts, and Carinas from the News posts don't have the "verified" text. Those are the only ones I checked, there are probably more.

Ah. Ok. I was just looking at the ones on the Thuwed page. 

I am not sure whether this is me being thick, but there are certain sprites in the encyclopedia that I just can't seem to unlock. 

Today I had a failed vampire bite so enraged three of my adult Aegis dragons but the enraged adult is still locked. 

Another is the Celestial non-corporeal form.  I have lost count of how many of those I have had, but the hatchlings still won't unlock. Though oddly, the corporeal form is unlocked despite never having had a corporeal hatchling. 

Can someone point me in the direction of lineage templates please?  Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure about the Celestial situation, but in general from what I understand the Encyclopedia counts each dragon as what it is in the beginning... I mean, if you have Aegis dragons, they have already been counted towards unlocking the regular Aegis sprite, they can't be counted again for the enraged sprite. To unlock that one you'll need to view enraged sprites from other users. 

Not really that important, but how come 90% of the time I breed or pick up a new egg it ends up second in my list of dragons instead of on the top? It bugs me so much.

@FullMoonDreams In addition to what Marie19R said, after one month viewing your own dragon will count again. So if you have gotten your Aegis now and enrage it now, viewing it after 30 days should add to the encyclopedia count.

Is there any other busy enough place like EATW's trading market? I can't even have my free egg claimed by anyone using just the departure thread.. while exactly rthe same kind of egg was taken within minutes from EATW  :(

1 hour ago, Marie19R said:

I'm not sure about the Celestial situation, but in general from what I understand the Encyclopedia counts each dragon as what it is in the beginning... I mean, if you have Aegis dragons, they have already been counted towards unlocking the regular Aegis sprite, they can't be counted again for the enraged sprite. To unlock that one you'll need to view enraged sprites from other users. 

49 minutes ago, Chococat0815 said:

@FullMoonDreams In addition to what Marie19R said, after one month viewing your own dragon will count again. So if you have gotten your Aegis now and enrage it now, viewing it after 30 days should add to the encyclopedia count.

Thanks. I will leave them enraged for a bit and see if I can unlock that one at least. 

Small question: I'm sure I've just overlooked the function, but how do I see my most recent posts on the forum? 

Trying to find trades is annoying otherwise.

Thank you! Knew I'd done it before but couldn't for the life of me find it

Does anyone know if there is an active player with a CB female Hellhorse (not Winya)?

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

Does anyone know if there is an active player with a CB female Hellhorse (not Winya)?

AFAIK Winya is the only female CB Hellhorse (except TJ's) - no one else picked one.

OK - my sig was created when EATW was on line and my scroll was hidden.

So...

So is there anywhere else that does stats banners ?

Well, we're expecting EATW coming back, She closed it for the holiday as it was getting view bombed terribly.  Don't know if you want to wait and see...