Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Chaos Rider said:

Can anyone else view their hoard from the 2015 matchmaking event? I was bored and wanted to look at it but all I get is a dragon flapping its wings with the word loading underneath

All I get is flappy dragon too.

Same here, just Mr. Flappy. Let it go for 15 minutes and it still wouldn't load.

Well I've left that tab open since I first posted to see if it would load and it hasn't loaded in an hour:huh:

4 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

Can anyone else view their hoard from the 2015 matchmaking event? I was bored and wanted to look at it but all I get is a dragon flapping its wings with the word loading underneath

Thanks for the report. Looks like it broke a few months ago, but I'll make sure it's fixed soon.

I'd like to add on to @11th's post that you can use numbers instead of just random strings to determine just how many generations of ancestry you want to see, minimum being 4, maximum being 11 for a total of 5-12 generations.

Is it normal that the hourly drops are 1 minute late? They don't drop until a minute after the hour

7 minutes ago, maylin said:

Is it normal that the hourly drops are 1 minute late? They don't drop until a minute after the hour

It seems to be the norm for holiday releases. I know I experienced it and other people have mentioned it in the news thread. 

Does anyone know if holiday dragons that are grow up this year are able to breed this year? A couple of mine grow up in less than 24 hours. 

2 minutes ago, Yukino said:

Does anyone know if holiday dragons that are grow up this year are able to breed this year? A couple of mine grow up in less than 24 hours. 

Nope, they won't be able to - they never do. They get an artificial "last bred date" of 19th of December to prevent 2 generations in one year.

6 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Nope, they won't be able to - they never do. They get an artificial "last bred date" of 19th of December to prevent 2 generations in one year.

Thank you! Couldn't remember XD

On 12/22/2017 at 11:35 AM, LibbyLishly said:

No, you're correct. The people asking for CB female hollies in trades don't realize that they can't get them in the caves.

So how did people get the females?

1 minute ago, ahreada said:

So how did people get the females?

When honorable mentions were still a thing, several people were able to choose hollies and influence them female. 

1 hour ago, ridshadowfox said:

If a dragon's spriter is not listed, who do we contact for drawing fan art of the dragon?

Given there's only one uncredited sprite on the site, I assume you're referring to the Soulstone Dragons? If that's the case, I can confirm that fanart should be okay.

14 minutes ago, Tigerkralle said:

I would say write a PM to TJ09.

Falling back to "PM the admin" for tricky questions is dangerous territory, because it leaves no trace of the end answer for anyone who comes across the same question via search. Most of the cases where people defer to PMing me for things I give the same answer (e.g. username change requests all have the same answer for the moment, but they keep getting sent my way).

Sorry for that, not used to it that you answer here so quickly, TJ.

I am tempted to hide that post, but i should let is stay were it is know as a reminder for me and others.

Will you add the spriters names in the encyclopedia entries?

Why is the Soulstone artist uncredited? I think I wasn't here for something that happened because I wasn't paying attention to the forum much at the time. 

26 minutes ago, Tigerkralle said:

Sorry for that, not used to it that you answer here so quickly, TJ.

I am tempted to hide that post, but i should let is stay were it is know as a reminder for me and others.

The artist(s) for those sprites wish to remain anonymous, so it's unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

Why is the Soulstone artist uncredited? I think I wasn't here for something that happened because I wasn't paying attention to the forum much at the time. 

The original sprites were replaced, and the artists that made the new ones specifically requested that they go uncredited.

Oh, I see. Huh. I definitely missed all of that. I was on hiatus most of the year due to RL and things started getting messy on me right around that time. I remember getting my two Valentine 2017 eggs but not spending much time on the event thread. And shortly after I went inactive altogether for months, up until right before Halloween was approaching and I suddenly remembered DC and got the panics about everything I missed already and not wanting to miss the holidays again this year. Thanks for the reply. :)

I mean in general you can't see the spriters names in the encyclopedia. I unclocked everything for Black Dragons and the only name at the very bottom for copyright is Dragon Cave Copyright © 2006–2017 T.J. Lipscomb.

I used Black Dragon as an example.

34 minutes ago, Tigerkralle said:

That is a general question if you ever will add spriters name in the encyclopedia or not. That was not an answer to Lurhstaaps question about Soulstones, i am aware that the spriter(s) of the Soulstones will not be revealed.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Solstice dragons... says you get one of the two kinds (colorful and blue) depending on when the egg is bred. What about caveborns? Is it dependent on when they hatch, or when the egg was caught?

1 minute ago, NoxRiddle said:

Solstice dragons... says you get one of the two kinds (colorful and blue) depending on when the egg is bred. What about caveborns? Is it dependent on when they hatch, or when the egg was caught?

TJ has confirmed that all CB Solstices should be rosy-winged regardless of time of catching/hatching.