Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

I had 1 CB Holly Hatchie on my account, and someone sent me a Teleport with 2 CB Holly Hatchies, and I was able to pick it up. How long before one of them gets kicked?

Share this post


Link to post

I would guess an hour based on how holiday multiclutching and limits currently work? I didn't know people could go over the limit with teleports though. XD

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't think I would be able to accept the teleport, but I could! All I know is I gotta move one before I lose it. o.O

Share this post


Link to post

What happened to this dragon?? I bred one of my CB Snows to CB Gold, mainly to make Snows from Gold for other people to pick up. To my disappointment, they only made two eggs. I kept one and let the other go, checking on it occasionally to see if it was picked up yet. But now it seems to be gone! What happened? Normally if one of my bred eggs that goes to the AP dies, I can see it as a dead egg. Is it maybe fogged or on a hidden scroll?? I'm worried about it. It's not showing in the parents' offspring lists either.

 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/mQMqR

Share this post


Link to post

That's the message you get when the egg is fogged.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Lurhstaap said:

What happened to this dragon?? I bred one of my CB Snows to CB Gold, mainly to make Snows from Gold for other people to pick up. To my disappointment, they only made two eggs. I kept one and let the other go, checking on it occasionally to see if it was picked up yet. But now it seems to be gone! What happened? Normally if one of my bred eggs that goes to the AP dies, I can see it as a dead egg. Is it maybe fogged or on a hidden scroll?? I'm worried about it. It's not showing in the parents' offspring lists either.

 

https://dragcave.net/lineage/mQMqR

 

Don't worry, it's still out there but just hidden. And I can see the code on the view page of your Snow just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

 

Don't worry, it's still out there but just hidden. And I can see the code on the view page of your Snow just fine.

 

Thank goodness! I've never seen that before, so I was concerned. Usually when I check on abandoned bred eggs, I find them either sitting unchosen in the AP, on someone's scroll getting cared for, or dead from not being picked up. 'This dragon can't be found' is new for me. And I can see it when I look at the parents' pages, but if you click into the actual offspring list, it disappears. That's how I first noticed something was amiss - I clicked into the offspring page only to notice there was only one egg beneath Resplendence when there should have been two. 

Share this post


Link to post

As long as a dragon has so few offspring that they're all listed on the /view page, all codes (or names if already named) are listed, even if fogged. But on the /progeny page fogged eggs/hatchies are not shown. Don't know why it is this way.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, herk said:

 

CB Hollies were ALL male just like CB Mistles were ALL female (only exception were the HM prize Hollies)

Does this mean these will all be male too? 

Share this post


Link to post

Since they aren't influence-able, most likely since the original CB Hollies were also male.  The only female dragons at the time were old Pinks, Purples, and female Silvers.

Share this post


Link to post

I see. :) precog'ed both, so I guess there's no point in trying to swap them for others in hopes they'll turn out female then. :P

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone have a list of active mods? I know Sock left, but I don't know of any others off the top of my head and I have a question for them.
 

Share this post


Link to post

Try purpledragonclaw or LadyLyzar. I'm not sure what areas they cover, though. I can't find the handy list of mods that used to exist. :( Actually I know it still exists because someone directed me to it once, but just left a link without telling me where to find it! And I failed to bookmark it, so I lost it.

Edited by purplehaze

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, herk said:

 

CB Hollies were ALL male just like CB Mistles were ALL female (only exception were the HM prize Hollies)

Ah, that answers my question. :( I was hoping to get one of each, and was sad to see that I couldn't influence them. I could have sworn, though, that the original hollies were both male and female, because I remember people being surprised when all of the Yulebucks gendered male.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ardath Rekha said:

Ah, that answers my question. :( I was hoping to get one of each, and was sad to see that I couldn't influence them. I could have sworn, though, that the original hollies were both male and female, because I remember people being surprised when all of the Yulebucks gendered male.

As far as I know, only CB Hollies born in February (aka Honorable Mentions from the raffles) could be female.

Share this post


Link to post

I remember that the release action had a small fail rate, is that still a thing? And does anyone know/remember the fail message? (I seem to recall something about the dragon coming back with you anyway...?)

 

~

 

@purplehaze @Guillotine for reference: https://forums.dragcave.net/staff

 

(I don't know where to find it either, I just remembered the adress :P )

Edited by Aleoleo

Share this post


Link to post

@Aleoleo Thank you! I have bookmarked it now! :D

 

Although I think some of those mods are not too active.

Edited by purplehaze

Share this post


Link to post

Are eggs supposed to be wardable one time only?

An egg of mine that barely survived the viewbombers has gotten sick again after two days, but when I went to ward it again, the screen tells me "already protected".

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Silveen said:

Are eggs supposed to be wardable one time only?

An egg of mine that barely survived the viewbombers has gotten sick again after two days, but when I went to ward it again, the screen tells me "already protected".

True, only once.  I don't know why it says it is already protected, since it isn't any more.  It would make more sense to say it is not available for that egg or something along those lines.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Bison said:

Which hatcheries allow dragons to be added by code? I can only find one.

 

Silvi's is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Valley Sherwood also allows ERs to be added by code too.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Aleoleo said:

I remember that the release action had a small fail rate, is that still a thing? And does anyone know/remember the fail message? (I seem to recall something about the dragon coming back with you anyway...?)

 

~

 

@purplehaze @Guillotine for reference: https://forums.dragcave.net/staff

 

(I don't know where to find it either, I just remembered the adress :P )

Yes.  there are at least two messages. 

"You try to leash the hatchling to a tree trunk outside a nearby cave, but it chews through the rope and begins to follow you."
or
"You lead the hatchling to a nearby cave and try to walk away, but it follows you."
 
It's a very small chance, though the closer to maturing, the greater the chance supposedly. 
Edited by DragonLady86

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Yes.  there are at least two messages. 

"You try to leash the hatchling to a tree trunk outside a nearby cave, but it chews through the rope and begins to follow you."
or
"You lead the hatchling to a nearby cave and try to walk away, but it follows you."
 
It's a very small chance, though the closer to maturing, the greater the chance supposedly. 

 

Thanks, but I didn't mean the "Abandon" action--I meant the "Release" action, for adults or freezies. I'm pretty sure it's happened to me once (a looong time ago) with a messy adult Skywing I wanted to release. Anyone knows if fail is still one of the possible outcomes when releasing, and if so, what message is displayed?

Share this post


Link to post

As far as I know, there's no failure chance for releasing, only for abandoning. :) At least I've never heard of it. (Not that I did a lot of releasing in the first place - I think it was only one dragon.)

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Terces said:

 

Silvi's is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Valley Sherwood also allows ERs to be added by code too.

 

Thank you! :)

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.