Jump to content
Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Recommended Posts

Soooo, I've been away for two years more or less. I see I've missed some pretties. So, anyone care to update me on the rarity of new and old dragons, and new additions? There's quite a few of those I see.

Share this post


Link to post

Zyumorphs seem annoyingly rare in the cave, but they breed well. With one of each of their 6 colours, you can summon a Sinomorph once in their lifetime.

All the other new breeds, besides the holiday dragons, are pretty easy to find or breed (a couple of new hybrids as well). Check here what you missed?

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Release_Timeline#2016

 

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Share this post


Link to post

TJ disabled it ages ago for suggestions, as he pointed out that they are pretty useless; only people with a particular interest in a particular thread ever think about them; there is no chance to change your mind if the discussion makes you rethink, and MOST people who click at all don't read the thread. just click for the fun of it, with no thought at all. Not to mention a vanishingly small number of forum users actually read the idea at all. He said he prefers to read what is actually said. A bit like FB "likes" - I well recall a flaming incident where I asked someone why they had "liked" these fairly nasty posts, and they said oh they hadn't read them, but you "like" posts your friends make - that's how FB works. Says it all, really.

 

He said he prefers to read what people say, as that is how he knows what is being suggested and what people interested actually THINK about it.

 

I can't find that post of his, but it made so much sense I haven't bothered to vote in one since. I might in something like the photo contest, as that's one place where voting make sense.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Share this post


Link to post

Are question marks not able to be used in descriptions? I'm trying to write one with a rhetorical question and it keeps vanishing. It just doesn't have the same effect without it:

 

Revered for his ability to watch the time-stream, many call this dragon a divine being sent as a herald and prophet. They come to his tower-like nest for advice, guidance, the fortune-telling of a godly oracle, in the hopes that his words of wisdom may reverse their fortunes and save their fates.


Aeficeon know perfectly well he is not, in fact, a god, but allows the short-lived humans and other, less worldly dragons to believe these tales. Those very few closest to him know his secret but keep quiet- they know not whether he does it for the attention or for his own safety. Who knows what such a superstitious society may do to a dragon who is not what they believe him to be?


Aeficeon does, and that is precisely why he does not correct these false claims.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Kiryu said:

Are question marks not able to be used in descriptions? I'm trying to write one with a rhetorical question and it keeps vanishing. It just doesn't have the same effect without it:

 

Revered for his ability to watch the time-stream, many call this dragon a divine being sent as a herald and prophet. They come to his tower-like nest for advice, guidance, the fortune-telling of a godly oracle, in the hopes that his words of wisdom may reverse their fortunes and save their fates.


Aeficeon know perfectly well he is not, in fact, a god, but allows the short-lived humans and other, less worldly dragons to believe these tales. Those very few closest to him know his secret but keep quiet- they know not whether he does it for the attention or for his own safety. Who knows what such a superstitious society may do to a dragon who is not what they believe him to be?


Aeficeon does, and that is precisely why he does not correct these false claims.

 

 

Nope they're not. They are not on the list of allowed characters :( We've been asking about that at least since 2011

Share this post


Link to post

Try an ellipsis instead - works for me

 

Who knows what such a superstitious society may do to a dragon who is not what they believe him to be ...

 

Sounds delightfully THREATENING ;)

Share this post


Link to post

 

1 minute ago, fuzzbucket said:

Try an ellipsis instead - works for me

 

Who knows what such a superstitious society may do to a dragon who is not what they believe him to be ...

 

Sounds delightfully THREATENING ;)

That's what I ended up doing, yeah. Still doesn't have quite the same effect, I think, but it works for now!

 

6 minutes ago, herk said:

 

 

Nope they're not. They are not on the list of allowed characters :( We've been asking about that at least since 2011

How inconveniently unfortunate. And no word from TJ on it?

Share this post


Link to post

The new forum has really messed with my brain. Does anyone remember how to link a thread through an image (like the raffle badge in my signature)?

Share this post


Link to post

I THINK you add an image and then use the options... Just a sec

5980a3bc386c0_Image1.png.5649a7161bd18a319497d6617f04269d.png

 

If I'm LUCKY that will be linked.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes. You insert the image, right click on it and then you can choose to add a url.

Share this post


Link to post

Or if you want to do it manually, the code is this:

 

[url=LINK][img=IMAGE LINK][/url]

At least if the BBCode hasn't been changed. Which I think it has, since the code automatically changes from "[ img ]" to "[ img= ]".

 

god mybb is so much more intuitive i swear

Edited by Kiryu

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kiryu said:

Or if you want to do it manually, the code is this:

 


[url=LINK][img=IMAGE LINK][/url]

At least if the BBCode hasn't been changed. Which I think it has, since the code automatically changes from "[ img ]" to "[ img= ]".

 

god mybb is so much more intuitive i swear

 

Yes tis. I HATE this wysyiwyg thing with a PASSION. I'm really hot with BBcode...

 

smilie_girl_270.gif

 

But I did that :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Gave (kUmOI) a fertility boost with (4sOfa).    Nov 27, 2017, 02:13 am

Bred (kUmOI) with (Dpear).    Nov 27, 2017, 02:14 am -> refusal :blink:

 

The use of fertility is supposed to increase the chances to get an egg and prevent refusals, yes? So why on earth did they refuse?

Share this post


Link to post

Using fertility on a pair that never bred before just didn't prevent refusals. It just minimize the chance of a refusal. So unfortunately it's still possible that a pair will refuse even if fertility is used.

 

Edit:

Quote

Fertility Dragons that have had their fertility increased via the Purple Dragon's BSA have a significantly reduced chance of refusing another dragon. This only works for new pairings; existing pairs (successful or not) are unaffected by the new behavior.

from this post:

 

Edited by rinoa26

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Zimtie said:

Gave (kUmOI) a fertility boost with (4sOfa).    Nov 27, 2017, 02:13 am

Bred (kUmOI) with (Dpear).    Nov 27, 2017, 02:14 am -> refusal :blink:

 

The use of fertility is supposed to increase the chances to get an egg and prevent refusals, yes? So why on earth did they refuse?

Turpentines generally have a much higher chance at refusals despite Fertility. Even so, Fertility only reduces - not removes - refusal chance. By my count, it may have a similar fail rate as Influence does.

Edited by Ruby Eyes
typo

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/25/2017 at 3:02 PM, fuzzbucket said:

Yes. You insert the image, right click on it and then you can choose to add a url.

I tried that and clicked update, but the image still doesn't link anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post

Could you give a screenshot of what you entered?

(Screenshot instead of copy-paste to avoid the forum's auto-embedding of things)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

I tried that and clicked update, but the image still doesn't link anywhere.

 

You need to add the link when you add the pic, NOT as an edit.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, fuzzbucket said:

 

You need to add the link when you add the pic, NOT as an edit.

I clicked the image, inserted the link into the URL box, and clicked the save button. There was no other way to add a link. Did I miss something?

 

(I really miss the old coding system. This new stuff is such a hassle)

Share this post


Link to post