Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I've hidden my scroll, removed my eggs from hatcheries, yet my fresher eggs keep getting views and therefore getting sick.

Ive been view bombed a lot lately and I have 3 eggs currently in a transfer link being sent to 3 different people as gifts.

What sites will remove my eggs upon scroll hide? I want to track down any sites that still have my eggs.

It would probably do you well to remove your scrollname from your dragons as well for a while. Just in case.

I don't think any sites auto-remove your dragons upon hiding your scroll. Users just won't be able to add them to fansites while your scroll is hidden. I suggest just checking all popular fansites (you'll probably need to unhide your scroll, go through fansites, then re-hide your scroll). Sorry! D:

So I was just looking at some of my oldest dragons' lineages and I found this? Looking at the children under the With a deceased partner, there is a whiptail, a gold, and a daydream. All of them are from the same said deceased partner, how is that possible...?

So I was just looking at some of my oldest dragons' lineages and I found this? Looking at the children under the With a deceased partner, there is a whiptail, a gold, and a daydream. All of them are from the same said deceased partner, how is that possible...?

Dead dragons used to have their codes deleted after a while, even if they had offspring. If you look at those three dragons and peek into their lineage, you'll notice the tombstone is not clickable in any of them. The site may not be able to tell the different deceased parents apart due to that, just listening them all under the same entry.

tl;dr: It's probably not just one deceased partner after all.

Edited by pinkgothic

Dead dragons used to have their codes deleted after a while, even if they had offspring. If you look at those three dragons and peek into their lineage, you'll notice the tombstone is not clickable in any of them. The site may not be able to tell the different deceased parents apart due to that, just listening them all under the same entry.

tl;dr: It's probably not just one deceased partner after all.

Oh okay, that make a lot of sense. tongue.gif Thank you for that explanation.

I'm currently logging all my prize dragons, and I ran across this Tinsel that I have. It's a deadline. But I don't know what the original CB Tinsel was, so if someone could tell me, that'd be awesome! Here's the Tinsel in question.

Let's see, your dragon Komahina in a Nutshell's earliest known ancestor is Colyb, who was born on December 24, 2011. That means that Colyb is descended from one of the original Gold Tinsels, as those were released in February 2011. There were only 5 of those, according to the Wiki:

- http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Tinsel_Drag...d_Tinsel_Dragon

Out of those, only one has ever mated with a Seasonal, namely AGYI (example: http://dragcave.net/lineage/DkeZW). The other 4 Gold Tinsels (Alexandria Aurelix, Apollo, Gold Epica and Living in Sin) have not.

As a result, your Tinsel is probably descended from AGYI. The owner of the dead ancestors may have killed them because it doesn't look nice and consistent, a whole lineage with Winter Seasonal mates while the first Seasonal ancestor was actually a Summer Seasonal.

However, it is still possible that your Gold Tinsel is descended from one of the other 4 Gold Tinsels, in that someone at some point decided to start their own preferred Gold Tinsel lineage. For example, they may have used a Gold Tinsel x Terrae from Alexandria Aurelix and started breeding it with a Winter Seasonal. After a while, they killed off the original parents (in their possession) in order to remove the Gold Tinsel x Terrae heritage, in an attempt to make the Winter Seasonal lineage look like a proper and consistent lineage.

In other words: I'm afraid you'll never find out for certain what CB Gold Tinsel your dragon is descended from. unsure.gif

I'm currently logging all my prize dragons, and I ran across this Tinsel that I have. It's a deadline. But I don't know what the original CB Tinsel was, so if someone could tell me, that'd be awesome! Here's the Tinsel in question.

Another possibility is that it's descended from Apollo, since he was the only male CB gold tinsel at the time.

But then again, misgenderings happen and that could've been why it was deadlined, so that's not necessarily an accurate way to go about it either.

I thought there was a way to find out the parents of dead dragons by looking at the progeny of their parents, which could narrow it down somewhat, but with how MANY offspring the first five gold tinsels had, that'd be a very tedious way to go about it even if it does narrow it down a lot.

But that might be what you can do now, not necessarily back then, I don't remember.

Maybe you can try asking the owner of Colyb's offspring to see if they remember? They might've gotten their babies before it deadlined.

I mean if it bothers you that much.

Thank you both for your answers! It doesn't bother me that much, haha. I think I've decided to exclude deadlines from my list for simplicity's sake~ xd.png

I've hidden my scroll, removed my eggs from hatcheries, yet my fresher eggs keep getting views and therefore getting sick.

Ive been view bombed a lot lately and I have 3 eggs currently in a transfer link being sent to 3 different people as gifts.

What sites will remove my eggs upon scroll hide? I want to track down any sites that still have my eggs.

As far as I know, none of the sites auto remove. they only do that if you fog or remove your egg as well. Check Valley Sherwood. someone's viewbombing them on that site. But you could also try Egg drop soup, eggs around the world, lair.silverdrak.de/ . I've been bombed from those plenty of times. Specially lately, ( bombed 3 times in the past month)

What level is it where you get to edit the user description? And how do I level up?...I've been level 4 for longer than I can remember.

Hey guys so I just had a quick question/situation to mention here, I recently upgraded from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 and when on dragon cave with the 5 I could open up links to trades and transfers while still being logged in on my original site tab and the newly opened trade tab, since upgrading to the 6 I can only be logged in on a single dragcave web page, any links to trades/transfers or other DC pages opened are automatically logged out as well as my main tab, I have cookies and other setting on, do we reckon this is just a phone issue?

Edited by eotsndragons

Hey guys so I just had a quick question/situation to mention here, I recently upgraded from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 and when on dragon cave with the 5 I could open up links to trades and transfers while still being logged in on my original site tab and the newly opened trade tab, since upgrading to the 6 I can only be logged in on a single dragcave web page, any links to trades/transfers or other DC pages opened are automatically logged out as well as my main tab, I have cookies and other setting on, do we reckon this is just a phone issue?

I'm using an iPhone 6 and mine doesn't have that issue, so it must be something weird with your settings.

I'm using an iPhone 6 and mine doesn't have that issue, so it must be something weird with your settings.

Hm, I'll have a good look shortly then, I've been through privacy settings and safari settings, I set this up just yesterday so I'll probably find the problem shortly happy.gif

Try using a different browser, perhaps? I don't use my iPhone 4S much but on my Samsung S5, I use Google Chrome. Try installing it and see what happens?

Try using a different browser, perhaps? I don't use my iPhone 4S much but on my Samsung S5, I use Google Chrome. Try installing it and see what happens?

I downloaded an app for chrome and that works as normal, it's just a shame I have to have a secondary browser, I'll use it for now until I can find out what's happening, thanks! happy.gif

What's the odds of a influence failing? I'm pretty sure it's low, but do we have a ballpark %?

1-2% failure. It's hard to determine when influence actually fails, though, because there's still a 50% chance of getting the correct gender.

Are Ice and Magma dragons completely incompatible? Just tried breeding two pairs (plus another one some time ago), all of them refused.

Actually, it would make sense.

Are Ice and Magma dragons completely incompatible? Just tried breeding two pairs (plus another one some time ago), all of them refused.

Actually, it would make sense.

I'd say its just some bad luck. I have an Ice from a Magma mother so they can breed together.

I'm working on a sort of legendary checker, and no probs so far.

If it really bothers you, you can go HERE at the Wiki, and check all the codes individually, to see which ones are dead. Good luck!! smile.gif

The original CB Tinsel may not even be dead, only its offspring somewhere down the line, which won't show up in his progeny list anymore.

The original CB Tinsel may not even be dead, only its offspring somewhere down the line, which won't show up in his progeny list anymore.

That is true, I forgot. People do that to create a false shorter line from a much longer one.

Just a question about summer/autumn:

The official start to autumn this year is 23rd September (according to my calendar).

I looked at a CB Seasonal from the cave just a few minutes ago, it's still Summer not Autumn.

But I thought TJ had changed the season on the 21st in the years before.

Just wondering, will the season change only on the 23rd this year? Anybody know?

I'd love to try for a few more PB Summers for my project when my 7 eggs have hatched tomorrow...

Edited by lilysally