Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

can someone please pm the old val 17 sprites?

Those sprites are theft, so no, please do not pass them out via PM. It has always been our policy to remove thefted sprites from the forum.

Those sprites are theft, so no, please do not pass them out via PM. It has always been our policy to remove thefted sprites from the forum.

they're theft???? thats not what tazzay said. i dont believe that. i just want to be able to see what they look like on my computer not post them on this forum

Have there been any additions to the V-day Event game in the last two days? I've done everything at least twice, did the horse, the spider, the bushes (oh those bushes), everything, but I didn't play at all yesterday and I'm wondering if anything new was added.

Not that I've seen.

Where are Honey Drakes falling? Can't seem to find any.

ETA: Went to the wiki and found one.

Edited by oddsoxdi

Coast biome, and I believe there's another biome, but I don't recall it.

Jungle, Forest, Coast (is also what the Encyclopedia says) smile.gif

Are Aeons rarer than they used to be, or is it just my imagination? I've been hunting for several weeks (minus Valentine week) for another CB Aeon, and I only just found one (I saw one more several weeks ago, but I wasn't quick enough to snatch it). I swear I used to see them a lot more. Of course, I could just be unlucky at finding them.

they're theft???? thats not what tazzay said. i dont believe that. i just want to be able to see what they look like on my computer not post them on this forum

They sprites were removed from the cave because of art theft, yes. If you really must go seeking them out, please do not do so by publicly dragging around the sprites on this forum or asking in a public thread. The sprites were removed for a reason, just let it lie.

Are Aeons rarer than they used to be, or is it just my imagination? I've been hunting for several weeks (minus Valentine week) for another CB Aeon, and I only just found one (I saw one more several weeks ago, but I wasn't quick enough to snatch it). I swear I used to see them a lot more. Of course, I could just be unlucky at finding them.

I've seen them in the early hours of the morning--5, 6, 7 am cave time.

I don't cave-hunt much, but when I've been looking I have seen a few Aeons around.

Having now seen TJ's posts regarding the 2017 Valentine dragon situation, I now have another question - what is considered appropriate use of reference images? I thought I knew, but seeing these apparently unacceptable examples has made me unsure that my vision of what is considered fine is accurate. The s2 hatchling 'pose similarity' in particular has me stumped - what is considered wrong with that? I though reference images for poses were considered not just allowed, but recommended.

Note to mods - I'm not trying to bring the drama up again, just trying to understand spriting conventions regarding reference images, I hope that's okay?

Can anyone tell me how long until the Seasonals change?

ETA: Thanks guys. smile.gif

Edited by tishavara

Having now seen TJ's posts regarding the 2017 Valentine dragon situation, I now have another question - what is considered appropriate use of reference images? I thought I knew, but seeing these apparently unacceptable examples has made me unsure that my vision of what is considered fine is accurate. The s2 hatchling 'pose similarity' in particular has me stumped - what is considered wrong with that? I though reference images for poses were considered not just allowed, but recommended.

Note to mods - I'm not trying to bring the drama up again, just trying to understand spriting conventions regarding reference images, I hope that's okay?

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry9415144

Referencing = looking at and studying a picture to help understand anatomy, texture, etc. Using a picture to help better understand how to create realistic art without drawing over it.

Tracing = copying lines off a picture, drawing over the picture in order to draw it exactly.

When referencing, you do not draw over the picture nor trace it. You study the picture. You can try and re-create the picture, but your pencil/mouse never draws over the picture itself. You create your own work.

Can anyone tell me how long until the Seasonals change?

First day of spring is March 20, so they should change on or around that day.

a question that has been bugging me for ages. What is a "fell flame"? Been googling for ages, and found nothing.

The description is using fell in a more archaic way where it means malevolent or violent, I think. If you look up fell on the Merriam-Webster dictionary, one of the definitions further down makes more sense. (Fierce, cruel, sinister, deadly)

Edited by OccultBones

The description is using fell in a more archaic way where it means malevolent or violent, I think. If you look up fell on the Merriam-Webster dictionary, one of the definitions further down makes more sense. (Fierce, cruel, sinister, deadly)

I've been wondering too actually.

Thank you xd.png

Many thanks. smile.gif

Out of curiosity where do the new 2017 Valentine's dragons sort? I use custom and just hand place them normally. Also when did the replacement sprites get a touch up? just pondering.

Does it sometimes take a while for one's encyclopedia images to update?

There's a breed where I need the S2 hatchling filled in. Hovering over the blur, it says I need to own two hatchlings (or observe 10). I have two S2 hatchlings of that breed right now. They matured a few hours ago I believe, but my encyclopedia hasn't filled in.

In the past when I've filled out an entry by observing other people's dragons, the encyclopedia entry filled in immediately, so this makes me think it's not working right.

ETA: I did a hard refresh, cleared cache and cookies.

Edited by Laura-Borealis

Does it sometimes take a while for one's encyclopedia images to update?

There's a breed where I need the S2 hatchling filled in. Hovering over the blur, it says I need to own two hatchlings (or observe 10). I have two S2 hatchlings of that breed right now. They matured a few hours ago I believe, but my encyclopedia hasn't filled in.

In the past when I've filled out an entry by observing other people's dragons, the encyclopedia entry filled in immediately, so this makes me think it's not working right.

ETA: I did a hard refresh, cleared cache and cookies.

The hatchlings you own only count once. You had to own two to unlock s1, then you'll need another two to unlock the s2. I believe it doesn't matter what stage your hatchies are, you just need to own 4 total (or any mix of own and observe) to unlock both s1 and s2 in the encyclopedia.