Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Try clearing your cookies? I haven't tried since I was restarted so I'm not sure if that will work but worth a try.

It probably won't, since it didn't for me, but it's worth trying.

Is it okay to have multiple scrolls in one IP? My brother and sister wanted to have their own scrolls but I told they can't because the site only allows 1 scroll per IP. sad.gif

Is it okay to have multiple scrolls in one IP? My brother and sister wanted to have their own scrolls but I told they can't because the site only allows 1 scroll per IP. sad.gif

My brother has an account and we made our accounts when we were both living in the same home and I've helped my nieces and nephew create their own account when they were over at my place without an issue.

Edited by gigglymonkey12

Yes, it is okay. However, you'd better inform TJ that your siblings want to play, too. Or you might be mistaken for a multi-scroller.

Plus, make absolutely sure to not log into each others' accounts, especially when not at home. If you're using the same public places (like a school library) to log in, that might come across as multi-scrolling, too.

Edited by olympe

That's not multi'ing, therefore you are fine. Just stay off each other's accounts.

I was wondering if it's possible to make a help thread for future rpg type games. I'm not a gamer so I appreciate the help here & there, & I know others who also feel the same way. In the past very awesoem players have answered any questions/put up walk throughs-players' guides in the news thread, but they are are very hard to find & sometimes it means sifting through TONS of posts to find it. Once the game is finished it can be removed from the thread. For example if the game started on a Monday, the following Monday when it's no longer playable, the walk through/players' guide could be removed.

Thanks for any help in this matter. biggrin.gif

i am on the thuwed list, but the pair im on the list for will never breed the one i specifically wanted is there anyway to change this?

I have a dragon with the code sNEr0. As in, the Roman Emperor Nero. Now. I would very much like to name it 'Nero's Lute'. 'Lute' being a type of instrument. But when I try the name, I get this:

You try to write the name, but the ink disappears as you write, so you decide to try something else.

The name you entered contains inappropriate words and cannot be used.

With an emphasis on the inappropriate words bit.

What's going on? There is already a dragon named Lute, and a dragon named Nero. Neither of the words mean anything bad, together or apart, and making Nero into a possessive noun shouldn't make a difference. It simply means that the lute in question is one owned by/belonging to Nero.

Is there something I'm missing here? >o<

I have a dragon with the code sNEr0. As in, the Roman Emperor Nero. Now. I would very much like to name it 'Nero's Lute'. 'Lute' being a type of instrument. But when I try the name, I get this:

With an emphasis on the inappropriate words bit.

What's going on? There is already a dragon named Lute, and a dragon named Nero. Neither of the words mean anything bad, together or apart, and making Nero into a possessive noun shouldn't make a difference. It simply means that the lute in question is one owned by/belonging to Nero.

Is there something I'm missing here? >o<

I'm guessing...

Nero's Lute is what's catching the censor. Maybe add an adjective before Lute?

(I just tested the bolded word and yup, it's censored. So you'll have to alter the name a bit for it to work.)

I'm guessing...

Nero's Lute is what's catching the censor. Maybe add an adjective before Lute?

(I just tested the bolded word and yup, it's censored. So you'll have to alter the name a bit for it to work.)

But... but... there's a space. And an 'e' at the end... That's utterly absurd! And I don't WANT to put an extraneous adjective in there! D':

Gahhh, I guess I'll just leave the darn thing unnamed for now and go sulk in my corner.

Thanks for your help SockPuppet Strangler, I never would have figured it out.

---------------------------

EDIT: Interesting fact - it's the apostrophe that's doing it. I was grumping to my friend about this a moment ago, and they were able to name a dragon 'Neros lute' without any issue. So... *shrugs* Seems a bit arbitrary to me.

Edited by Rondell

But... but... there's a space. And an 'e' at the end... That's utterly absurd! And I don't WANT to put an extraneous adjective in there! D':

Gahhh, I guess I'll just leave the darn thing unnamed for now and go sulk in my corner.

Thanks for your help SockPuppet Strangler, I never would have figured it out.

...I'm sorry to say this, but I think it censored it with a space in it because people will use spacing to get a name like 'Holy', 'Cameron', etc, when the base form is taken. Someone probably did that with an inappropriate word, causing the censor to be made to ping off even involving spaces... or else TJ was prepared for that sort of trick.

EDIT: Odd. Maybe someone tried that or something similar before to circumvent the censor on purpose and got caught...?

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Stick around the Biomes, and be there on the 5 min drop. Turn off Javascript or hunt on the St. Pat's skin. PRACTISE your click speed! Hunt in early/late hours by EST, less people are on. Memorize desired egg descriptions.

In addiction to what Dusky_Flareon said:

- turn off page styles

- memorise the first two words of the discription so you don't have to read it in full

- try to produce your own trade fodder, 2nd gen Black alts, Neglecteds etc.

In addiction to what Dusky_Flareon said:

- turn off page styles

- memorise the first two words of the discription so you don't have to read it in full

- try to produce your own trade fodder, 2nd gen Black alts, Neglecteds etc.

memorizing the first two words will get you different eggs that share the same starting description tongue.gif its better to read the ending.

This is going to sound like a really ridiculous question, but by this time I am sobbing in frustration. I've been trying to get past the first page of the event for days and days, but whenever I type the command LEAVE NEST it tells me to be more specific. I've tried to add directions and everything, but nothing helps. I'm so stuck and I want to participate but I can't think of any other commands to escape the nest. Help me?

I've noticed that Olives have had higher trade value for at least a few months, I'm guessing there's a contest going on- could someone give me the link to the contest thread?

Thank you, Sock!

Edited by SkyWolf25

Okay, this whole holiday is a ****storm and the news post has over 100 pages. I don't have time to read through all of that nonsense.

Can someone post links to specific posts to help me figure out what the HECK is going on with the dragons, and what commands I can use to navigate the stupid event? I was liking it until I got stuck.