Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Speaking of PMs, I keep all of mine backed up in Word - 7 years and counting of conversations I didn't want to lose. I highly recommend that, especially if there's a chance that the forum might eventually move away from IPBoard.

I've question about the Zap BSA

if a stunned hatchling is traded does the Zap stick around or does it go away, like influence on a teleported egg

Has anyone else had any issues with teleport links recently? Someone I'm trading with has tried twice now but the site keeps telling me that the URL is invalid "There does not appear to be any trade with the provided claim ID. It is possible that the transfer or trade has expired or already been claimed."

I worry it might be an issue with the site because I can see a few other graphical oddities and am aware an update was done recently to the site.

Someone offered me one that failed to work recently, and when I looked at it they had managed to add https: twice at the beginning. Just a thought.

For those that get a lot of important-I-can't-delete-these PMs, how do you manage? (So far) Today I have received 28 messages. Assuming I delete my sent messages, I still would fill up my allowed messages in 7.1 days. Help? unsure.gif

I use the archive facility. That's what it's there for. wink.gif If it's a series I need for NOW, I put them in a separate folder and archive that folder, then delete them from there.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Is it just me or on the mobile the eggs in the biome seem smaller than usual?

Is it just me or on the mobile the eggs in the biome seem smaller than usual?

They are, but I like it. I don't have to scroll to see all 3 eggs. xd.png

So really what is with the wall of Arsani's? o.o

Its been like this since breeding started with barely a break before it comes back.

Is there someone with a 1000 Arsani's and they are just breeding them all at once? x-x

Its been like this since breeding started with barely a break before it comes back.

Is there someone with a 1000 Arsani's and they are just breeding them all at once? x-x

I've noticed with holidays that certain breeds will make walls (and there's almost always a wall), and which breed it is really depends on the timing. During Christmas, there were walls of Angels, Yules, Ribbons, or Magi, and it all depended on the timing. I think people go for the eggs that are least represented in the AP at the time, thus strengthening the wall, if that makes sense.

So far this Valentines, I've seen walls of Valentine, Sweetling, and (of course) Arsani. I think it really just depends on timing.

------

Okay, I have my own question about custom sorting your scroll: I like to sort by date with the oldest dragons at the bottom of the page and the newer ones at the top (with the newest egg being the first on the list). If I wanted to put my Leetle Tree right below the eggs and hatchies, do I just drag it there and it'll stay between the growing dragons and the adult dragons as more are added, or will it stay between the last adult and (as of now) first hatchie I have? I am so confused by custom sorting and how it works.

Edited by meirelle

I've seen walls of rosebuds, 09s and Sweetlings, too. Oh, and Seekers.

Black Sweetlings that are Released turn Pink, right?

depends on the scroll they are on. If they land on a pink coded scroll yes, if on a black coded scroll, no.

If you mean, into the wild, then I would assume they would also be pink since the black are a special case due to a glitch.

Okay, I have my own question about custom sorting your scroll: I like to sort by date with the oldest dragons at the bottom of the page and the newer ones at the top (with the newest egg being the first on the list). If I wanted to put my Leetle Tree right below the eggs and hatchies, do I just drag it there and it'll stay between the growing dragons and the adult dragons as more are added, or will it stay between the last adult and (as of now) first hatchie I have? I am so confused by custom sorting and how it works.

It should stay there. That's the whole idea behind custom sorting; you get to decide!

I have my recently caught eggs above my two frozen golds and then drag them below once I've decided I'm keeping them.

depends on the scroll they are on. If they land on a pink coded scroll yes, if on a black coded scroll, no.

If you mean, into the wild, then I would assume they would also be pink since the black are a special case due to a glitch.

Yes, I mean into the wild. Didn't know trading was considered "released" as well ?

I just saw a wild black sweetling today, unfortunately I didn't get its code so you will just have to take my word for it.

It was quite a surprise to me

A few days ago this was mentioned and a separate thread was made for this, but I'm having the problem of my text being aligned to the left. I'm on Macbook on Safari, and a hard refresh (command + refresh) did nothing. I don't understand what clearing my cache means. I'm on the default site skin, and the left alignment is starting to bug me. How do I fix this?

A few days ago this was mentioned and a separate thread was made for this, but I'm having the problem of my text being aligned to the left. I'm on Macbook on Safari, and a hard refresh (command + refresh) did nothing. I don't understand what clearing my cache means. I'm on the default site skin, and the left alignment is starting to bug me. How do I fix this?

It means deleting all your cookies for a certain site. I did that with my own problem on mobile and had to relaunch the browser.

Command+R is a regular refresh. Command+shift+R is a hard refresh (ie clears cache for the page you're on).

Cache isn't a DC specific thing. It's an internet thing, so you can google it anytime you forget how to do it: https://macpaw.com/how-to/clear-cache-on-mac ^^

It means deleting all your cookies for a certain site. I did that with my own problem on mobile and had to relaunch the browser.

Cookies =/= cache

Cache stores all the images for a site. It saves you loading time on the sites you visit a lot, as storing the images means that your browser doesn't have to re-load them every time. It basically references and remembers them rather than having to go find them each time you load a page with that image.

Cookies is all the information you have stored for that site, like your login/password and sometimes certain settings. Cookies are stored pieces of data.

A hard refresh clears the local cache for the site, thereby resetting the referenced images and reloading any updated ones. But cookies you have to manually clear another way.

Cookies =/= cache

Cache stores all the images for a site. It saves you loading time on the sites you visit a lot, as storing the images means that your browser doesn't have to re-load them every time. It basically references and remembers them rather than having to go find them each time you load a page with that image.

Cookies is all the information you have stored for that site, like your login/password and sometimes certain settings. Cookies are stored pieces of data.

A hard refresh clears the local cache for the site, thereby resetting the referenced images and reloading any updated ones. But cookies you have to manually clear another way.

Ah, thanks for correcting me. I kinda got that mixed up there.

Ah, thanks for correcting me. I kinda got that mixed up there.

thumbs_up.png It's cool. If clearing your cache doesn't fix a problem, clearing cookies is a good next step, so... =p

Does a Val x Val breeding result in a multi-breed or single-breed clutch? I need a specific egg but was wondering if there's a 50/50 chance of getting it. unsure.gif

It can also be only one type of egg. Breeding my Wrapping Wing x Ribbon Dancer on Christmas last year only gave me two Ribbon Dancer eggs but no Wrapping Wing.

Command+R is a regular refresh. Command+shift+R is a hard refresh (ie clears cache for the page you're on).

Cache isn't a DC specific thing. It's an internet thing, so you can google it anytime you forget how to do it: https://macpaw.com/how-to/clear-cache-on-mac ^^

Command+shift+R doesn't do anything...Command+R works though.

Edit: And I'm just wondering, what happens if you teleport a black sweetling to a scroll with pink sweetlings?

Edited by pollyfirstfirst

Command+shift+R doesn't do anything...Command+R works though.

Edit: And I'm just wondering, what happens if you teleport a black sweetling to a scroll with pink sweetlings?

The sweetling turns pink.