Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

If you have a question about the rules, it's not a bad idea to contact a mod. Plus, if you PM us to talk to us privately, you can provide a link (or links) to the posts so we can see and judge how clutter-y it is. ^^

Because it could depend: are their posts one right after another? Are they all in the same thread? Are they in different threads? Etc.

Oh, sorry! I probably should have first messaged you, or another mod. I'll go ahead and PM you. smile.gif

About half an hour ago I picked up an ER from the AP. It had very low UV/OV/C stats (I think about 3 UVs, 10 OVs). I put it in Silvi's lair and then switched tabs to do other things. Silvi's showed 11 users online so I didn't expect a quick hatching, but I checked a couple of minutes ago and I'm up to 123 UVs and 1463 OVs (and the egg is hatched, unsurprisingly). This doesn't seem to match up with Silvi's online numbers. :S Am I being viewbombed?

Silvi's auto-ERs things; it was probably just that. I use it with great care these days ! Also if it was in the AP it may have already been in other places; I'd hide it a while so that it disappears from most of them (I THINK only Silvi's has them stay even when fogged...)

Hi! I'm back (well, maybe back, we'll see) from a long hiatus, and have a few questions on rarity!

- Did the almandines stay ridiculously rare? I just saw one in alpine, which made me remember you could hardly see any back in the day.

- Is there still a raffle every year for prize dragons, or did that stop?

- Are prize dragons still worth roughly the same as a year ago?

1. Almandines aren't that rare anymore, you can catch them frequently now so they also lost trading value ~

2. They stopped censorkip.gif

3. Nope~ anything above 3rd gen is hardly tradable anymore unless swaps~~

About half an hour ago I picked up an ER from the AP. It had very low UV/OV/C stats (I think about 3 UVs, 10 OVs). I put it in Silvi's lair and then switched tabs to do other things. Silvi's showed 11 users online so I didn't expect a quick hatching, but I checked a couple of minutes ago and I'm up to 123 UVs and 1463 OVs (and the egg is hatched, unsurprisingly). This doesn't seem to match up with Silvi's online numbers. :S Am I being viewbombed?

Given that the AP is currently high time, if it was a low time egg (with 3 UVs and multiple OV already) it was already in another site. Also, Silvis auto-ARs. And the previous owner could also have stuck it into a couple.

Or, Silvi's "users online" could be inaccurate, or time based. Since it was ER, it'd show up for everyone who hit the site even for a minute to add eggs, but if Silvi's only counts those who are using the auto viewer, then it'd have been shown to much fewer than the 11 using said viewer.

So unless all your eggs are rapidly gaining views, I wouldn't worry about it.

C4.

Hi! I'm back (well, maybe back, we'll see) from a long hiatus, and have a few questions on rarity!

- Did the almandines stay ridiculously rare? I just saw one in alpine, which made me remember you could hardly see any back in the day.

- Is there still a raffle every year for prize dragons, or did that stop?

- Are prize dragons still worth roughly the same as a year ago?

To extend on WoLfgIrLyS's answer:

- Almandines are no longer rare. Actually, they're so abundant that they're difficult to get rid of. I traded 4 CB Hatchlings for a 2G Tinsel back in the day, but now I can barely get 2 Common Hatchlings in exchange for one. They sit in the trading thread for hours - even days. I have stopped catching them for trades. I'll only catch them if I'm going to keep them. rolleyes.gif

- The Raffle has since stopped. The last Raffle was in January 2015. I suggest you go check out the Suggestion Trader's Canyon. It aims to bring back CB TinShims for every player.

- 2G/3G TinShims dominate the market still. Anything 4G and above drops considerably in value.

It's a week til Valentine's Day, I thought Holiday breeding started a week before the holiday. Is that no longer the case? Don't want to waste a breeding.

Will start on the 8th tonight at midnight!

Wait for the post before breeding though

Will start on the 8th tonight at midnight!

Wait for the post before breeding though

Ah...crap. I'm egglocked. Forgot all about that...darn it. Has the '16 Christmas alt form been announced yet? I know there are the "will be" alts, but has the design been released yet?

It's a week til Valentine's Day, I thought Holiday breeding started a week before the holiday. Is that no longer the case? Don't want to waste a breeding.

Yep, should start in...... 13 hrs, give or take. Remember, the 14th is included in that 7 days.

Cheers!

C4.

Turns out I was being viewbombed.

I quickly hid-unhid the hatchling in question before going to sleep last night but, checking this morning, all of my eggs and hatchis have far more views than they usually get from the amount of hatcheries I use, and a couple are sick. :/

I've hidden them all now. -_-

(if whoever did it reads the forums, please PM me and tell me what I did, because I'm honestly baffled. i can send you the hatchling if you abandoned it by mistake, friend :) )

Edited by ElpuntThing

I tried to see my fort I built in Christmas'13 but all I'm getting is blank page http://dragcave.net/holidays13_fort  blink.gif

Anyone else have the same problem?

Me too.

Actually, my Valentine 2012 and 2014 are also white pages

Edited by ainisarie

Turns out I was being viewbombed.

I quickly hid-unhid the hatchling in question before going to sleep last night but, checking this morning, all of my eggs and hatchis have far more views than they usually get from the amount of hatcheries I use, and a couple are sick. :/

I've hidden them all now. sleep.gif

(if whoever did it reads the forums, please PM me and tell me what I did, because I'm honestly baffled. i can send you the hatchling if you abandoned it by mistake, friend smile.gif )

Very likely it wasn't anything you, personally, did. In most cases, it happens to people for seemingly no reason.

There was one year, it was the Halloween before this just past, where someone and added everyone who had Halloween eggs up for trade to hatcheries. It caused a lot of problems for a LOT of different people. Don't know who it was, don't know why they did it, except they were probably trolling randomly.

*shrug*

I had a viewbomber once, I just kept my eggs hidden then let the bomber add my eggs to fansites. It meant I didn't have to for like, 2 months, then they got bored and I had to stop being lazy and raise my own dragons. xd.png

Cheers!

C4.

Me too.

Actually, my Valentine 2012 and 2014 are also white pages

It's probably the coding going wonky while TJ sets up for tonight!

It's probably the coding going wonky while TJ sets up for tonight!

Very possible. I hope that's all

Hey I just attempted to breed two of my Valentine's dragons, got an error message about loading and then I check back it says they were already bred and there were no eggs. Does this mean I have lost the ability to bred them because of this? Please help sad.gif

edit: I checked to be sure of the times I bred them and the times said 12 & 12:01 DC time

Edited by priscel

Hey I just attempted to breed two of my Valentine's dragons, got an error message about loading and then I check back it says they were already bred and there were no eggs. Does this mean I have lost the ability to bred them because of this? Please help sad.gif

Just chiming in to say this same thing just happened to me. It was a pair I was just going to breed to the AP anyway, but it's a bit concerning and I think I'll hold off a bit on more breeding until this is resolved.

This happend also to me twice

And it was a pair the offspring was promised to someone sad.gif

Just chiming in to say this same thing just happened to me. It was a pair I was just going to breed to the AP anyway, but it's a bit concerning and I think I'll hold off a bit on more breeding until this is resolved.

Same here; I think the error I got said the server couldn't handle this request, or something like that...?

This happened to me too and the pair was a very special one, so this is rather upsetting.