Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I just bred one of my Celestial dragons. It produced 3 eggs. I picked the one I wanted, but instead of having to enter password to accept, it skipped that page and went right to "Keep

You decide to keep this egg and abandon the 2 other eggs produced from the same parents.

Back to actions"

It was not always this way, was t? I did pick the one I wanted, but what if I had clicked the wrong one by mistake? I'd have lost the egg I have been trying to get for the last 4 breedings.

The same thing happened to me today and I'm sure the last time I bred them I had to use my password before it abandoned the eggs I didn't select. If this is an intended change I really don't like it much.

I noticed the change on Jan 26th (I posted about it in Congrats), but it could have been earlier than that.

Just noticed that in Multi-Clutches you no longer have to enter "KEEP"/your password, you just click on an egg now. That's convenient and cool.

Just noticed that in Multi-Clutches you no longer have to enter "KEEP"/your password, you just click on an egg now. That's convenient and cool.

I don't think that's convenient nor cool...If you breed a clutch over the phone you can't see the codes ~ neither choose the best one out of the bunch on the page it shows the breed dragons sad.gif

If that step really was intentionally removed Valentine will be a mess ~ can't breed before accessing PC sleep.gif

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

I don't think that's convenient nor cool...If you breed a clutch over the phone you can't see the codes ~ neither choose the best one out of the bunch on the page it shows the breed dragons sad.gif

If that step really was intentionally removed Valentine will be a mess ~ can't breed before accessing PC sleep.gif

Does press+hold work to show the codes? (It does for my tablet.)

The same thing happened to me today and I'm sure the last time I bred them I had to use my password before it abandoned the eggs I didn't select. If this is an intended change I really don't like it much.

I'd prefer the old way, too. In fact, I didn't care when I bred celestials the other day as none produced the right breed - but I was hovering to see the code in case I had a Z, and found I'd "chosen one to keep" - which I hadn't; luckily I'd just "chosen" one to abandon !

I think it is. Key word is "I". Personal opinion of course. Heck, I wish all of the actions didn't require password/actionword verification; or at the very least they had a way to make them less of a hassle. Turning off autocomplete made the process even more annoying. rolleyes.gif I have only once accidentally did something I didn't mean to in 9 years of playing. I'm rather careful.

I don't use DC on mobile. I loathe DC's mobile site - for various reasons. One solution maybe is to just go to the Progeny of the dragons you bred and look at the codes...? Eh, I don't know how to help. Again, the mobile site isn't in my interest and I don't use it often enough to give proper advice. xd.png

I'm careful too. But as I hadn't known about this change, I was caught out. I don't mind the mobile site (I use a tablet when being mobile, anyway) but I much prefer my PC and that was where it happened.

If you want less of a hassle, one thing (which I do do) is to turn off JavaScript; then it enters whatever all by itself.

Why did the autocomplete got turned off in the first place? That truly is frustrating I hate it too dry.gif

So the solution to get around this is to turn off Javascript? Good to know so I don't need to copy paste ABANDON all the time when AP hunting rolleyes.gif

If you want less of a hassle, one thing (which I do do) is to turn off JavaScript; then it enters whatever all by itself.

REALLY? It does? blink.gif Thanks, I think I'll do that from now on. What part of DC uses Javascript? I think I'll just leave it off if it doesn't effect too much stuff.

I know Chrome has an "autocomplete on" extension that forces it to work. I stopped using it when I realized that it may be considered against the rules.

^ No problem. ^^

Another question, which is more forum related than DC related. Why does the "XD" smiley and the "alot" have their image-type and HTML displayed in previewing your posts?

user posted image

user posted image

I suspect it's the .png (instead of .gif) and yet another forum bug.

If that step really was intentionally removed Valentine will be a mess

Yes, I'd hate to get a special code in one of those once-a-year breedings and then accidentally pick the wrong one to keep. blink.gif

Since abandoning an egg requires a confirmation (which I think is a good thing), and picking one of a multiclutch instantly and irrevocably abandons the others, I think it should also require a confirmation.

Should we make an extra thread to ask if this is an intentional change or a glitch?

(Or a thread in Suggestions to change it back?)

^ I guess I could see where it would be a good idea to have a confirmation of some sort. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

REALLY? It does? blink.gif Thanks, I think I'll do that from now on. What part of DC uses Javascript? I think I'll just leave it off if it doesn't affect too much stuff.

Alt custom sort needs it, and fertility. I don't KNOW of anything else.

When did it start saying "Dead Adult" by tombstones (see the last page of my scroll.)

user posted image

I think it must be a very new change to maybe fix where it was saying adults where frozen

Adult zombies still DO show as frozen, though.

Question: I need to delete a buttload of posts. Ones I have made in the Z Project. Is there a simple way to purge all of them or must I actually do them one-by-one? I think I have at least 500 posts in there that are no longer relevant. blink.gif

If anyone is wondering - I'm re-adding my Z dragons via a different method than the thread, and I need to delete the posts with my Z dragons so they aren't counted twice.

Question: I need to delete a buttload of posts. Ones I have made in the Z Project. Is there a simple way to purge all of them or must I actually do them one-by-one? I think I have at least 500 posts in there that are no longer relevant. blink.gif

If anyone is wondering - I'm re-adding my Z dragons via a different method than the thread, and I need to delete the posts with my Z dragons so they aren't counted twice.

One by one, I think, unless a handy mod can assist you.

I'm confused why you need to delete the posts, still. Maybe just have a column in your spreadsheet that notes if they are listed in the thread previously?

But to answer the question, as Lagie said, yup. Just one by one.

I'm confused why you need to delete the posts, still. Maybe just have a column in your spreadsheet that notes if they are listed in the thread previously?

But to answer the question, as Lagie said, yup. Just one by one.

Coyote appreciates a clean thread, and we can also submit at Lairs & Layers and at a spreadsheet.

I deleted a bunch of my Z Project posts when I added my dragons to the spreadsheet!

What Lagie said. I want to just re-submit them via here. I have renamed almost all of the current dragons in that thread, and deleting the posts and re-submitting may be easier than editing each post to reflect the name changes. I'm trying to see what would be easiest for me. xd.png Either way, I'll have to take a day off to get it done. ;P