Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Answered help topics, spam topics, and old intro topics are all 'cleaned' on the forum. You can't see them, but they're not perma-deleted, so they still count towards your post total.

What kind of posts were you looking for?

I was reading the wiki's IHOP page and saw in trivia (http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Leetle_stack_of_pancakes#Trivia) that a bug was reported. I remembered reporting this bug and randomly looked for that post, but it was gone. Thanks anyway!

Edited by kreepers_killer

If I remember correctly, you only need to use fertility on one dragon of the breeding for it to be useful right?

It has exactly the same effect regardless of whether it was used on one or both of the dragons.

It has exactly the same effect regardless of whether it was used on one or both of the dragons.

Ok, that's what I thought I remembered. Thanks TJ!

I was reviewing and just came across a description that was completely blank - not even stray punctuation. I though that submitting an empty description erased it. Bug, perhaps?

I was reviewing and just came across a description that was completely blank - not even stray punctuation. I though that submitting an empty description erased it. Bug, perhaps?

I just tested submitting a descrip, then erasing it but leaving some stray spaces. It correctly erased my description. I was talking to TJ about getting rid of pending descriptions for dead dragons or dragons from burned scrolls. If he agreed with this, perhaps this is just a result of fixing that? Or possibly a small blip. If anybody can figure out how to reproduce it, though, definitely let me know!

If I'd been thinking, I would have grabbed the dragon's code. All I remember now is that it was an ember, which doesn't really help narrow things down.

In the Leave an egg, Take an egg place can you just leave a egg without taking something?

As sometimes its empty and I want to leave something but can't without taking something?

In the Leave an egg, Take an egg place can you just leave a egg without taking something?

As sometimes its empty and I want to leave something but can't without taking something?

Yes, you can leave things without taking.

Would be creating a thread meant only for IOUs (at your own risk) in the Trading section be against the rules or~~?

For example you could post offers that you catch Xenos in return for X number of Purple hatchies / breed Prizes for Olives and stuff like that ~

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

Would be creating a thread meant only for IOUs (at your own risk) in the Trading section be against the rules or~~?

For example you could post offers that you catch Xenos in return for X number of Purple hatchies / breed Prizes for Olives and stuff like that ~

AFAIK it is indeed against the rules. You can only say you accept IOUs in your sig, or say you would accept one in an offer. A whole thread, I am pretty sure, would not be OK - because we are reminded over and over that they are NOT an official part of DC, and that nothing can be done for anyone when an IOU goes pearshaped. And I imagine that of there were a thread here people would think it WAS supported by TJ and managed by mods - and it - isn't.

I think this post by _Z_ in the pinned topic at the top of the Trade forum makes it pretty clear that it is not allowed.

If you have two dragons that refused, but one is a holiday, when you try to breed them in the holiday season do you have to breed from the holiday mate or the non-holiday mate?

If you have two dragons that refused, but one is a holiday, when you try to breed them in the holiday season do you have to breed from the holiday mate or the non-holiday mate?

Try it from both sides. As far as I can tell from recent reports, trying it from the non-holiday side may work more likely than the other way round (which would show the refused mate still at the bottom, unselectable).

Try it from both sides. As far as I can tell from recent reports, trying it from the non-holiday side may work more likely than the other way round (which would show the refused mate still at the bottom, unselectable).

Thank you

@fuzzbucket & @purplehaze ~ Ah I see, but then if someone created a site/sheets or whatever off DC forums for everyone that would be ok? ninja.gif

@fuzzbucket & @purplehaze ~ Ah I see, but then if someone created a site/sheets or whatever off DC forums for everyone that would be ok? ninja.gif

Maybe. It might depend on how and where you advertise it. I would check with Sock or _Z_ if I were you.

We can't control (nor do we particularly care to) what you do off the forum or in private, so it's fine as long as you don't break the site terms. However, as purplehaze said, advertising itself would be subject to board rules.

When we first disallowed IOUs on the forum, a few users did get together to create an offsite forum for IOU trading. I'm not sure what happened to it, though.

Trying to name a dragon and its lagging sooooo bad

Edit: It seems to be better now

Edited by maylin

When I go to my Active Transfers page, clicking on "Teleport" next to any Magi used to get my directly to the Magi's teleporting menu. Nowadays I get sent to its Actions page instead and have to click "Teleport" *again* - why is that so?

When I go to my Active Transfers page, clicking on "Teleport" next to any Magi used to get my directly to the Magi's teleporting menu. Nowadays I get sent to its Actions page instead and have to click "Teleport" *again* - why is that so?

That seems like an unnecessary extra step. I wonder if it is related in any way to the recent teleport glitches.