Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Hey guys! Is there an appropriate place for me to post and request for a couple of eggs to be bounced (to remove influence on both eggs)? I wasn't sure if asking here is okay or whether there's actually a thread more suited for that purpose. Thanks!

I have an egg that got sick early, so I had to fog it. I have had it unfogged for a few days and while the rest of my eggs are getting views, this egg still doesn't seem to be, as though it's still fogged.

Am I doing something wrong here? The egg only has four days left now... :c poor thing.

I have an egg that got sick early, so I had to fog it. I have had it unfogged for a few days and while the rest of my eggs are getting views, this egg still doesn't seem to be, as though it's still fogged.

Am I doing something wrong here? The egg only has four days left now... :c poor thing.

I tested your scroll, and they're all getting views fine from clicking.

By any chsnce, did you check the hatcheries they were in? Most hatcheries auto remove a fogged egg.

Have you viewed it since you unfogged it? Go to its view page and then refresh.

Did you add it back to fansites?

Have you viewed it since you unfogged it? Go to its view page and then refresh.

Did you add it back to fansites?

Well, I refreshed it a couple times (although I'd already done so) and clicked on it and it seems to be working now. :u Weird.

Oh well. I don't have it on any fansites actually, just stuck it in my signature on some other forums. I'm not really familiar with any good sites to use (but that's for a different thread). Problem seems solved!

Well, I refreshed it a couple times (although I'd already done so) and clicked on it and it seems to be working now. :u Weird.

Oh well. I don't have it on any fansites actually, just stuck it in my signature on some other forums. I'm not really familiar with any good sites to use (but that's for a different thread). Problem seems solved!

Check out this thread for fan sites if you haven't already smile.gif

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=89465

Well haha, nevermind then. =p

Sometimes eggs do seem to just get "stuck". Usually you can fix it by clicking on an egg and refreshing yourself or you can get a friend to view.

Is a 3rd gen checkered line considered a even gen?

I did not think it was since 3 is not a even number but I'm seeing people post 3rd gens as even gens and now I am confused.

Edited by maylin

Is a 3rd gen checkered line considered a even gen?

I did not think it was since 3 is not a even number but I'm seeing people post 3rd gens as even gens and now I am confused.

yes. It is "Even" if it has the same/even number of parents in each line. so not a second gen mated to a forth.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/SG9Kg is a 3rd gen EG. 4 grandparents, 2 parents, so everything lines up, if that makes more sense.

Edited by DragonLady86

As DragonLady says, the "even" doesn't refer to the number of generations. Even gens can be anything from 3 generations to infinity (theoretically). But I think of it as a lineage that has an absolutely straight or "even" line down the far right side (the first generation) with no gaps or jagged places.

This dragon is a 10th even gen from the EPIC project of a few years back. Notice that the right side makes a straight line.

On the other hand, this one, even though it has an even number of generations, is not even gen because the right hand side is uneven, the result of breeding a 2nd gen dragon with a 3rd gen.

Edited by purplehaze

Do these forums have any way to see when the user was last online like other collecting sites do? (For example ~ Last visited: Yesterday, --:--)

Do we have something like that here somewhere that I'm too blind to find or no? unsure.gif

I don't know if this is a weird question and something others have seen, or just me. Are CB Silvers becoming uncommon rather than rare? I have caught SIX in the past month! Zero Xenowyrms, but SIX CB Silvers. I currently have TWO on my scroll now, one from last night and one from a few minutes ago. Is this a ratio problem or just silvers becoming more common? I like silvers, so I don't have an issue with them becoming more common, but it seems weird. I even refreshed the page thrice in my spam-refresh before actually clicking on the "beautiful glow" egg. It was still there after three refreshes! Never had this happen with any semi-rare egg, not even CB Trios, which are considerably more common.

I am trying hard to work on a rainbow Xeno lineage...did Xenos replace Silvers as the new second-most-rare egg? dry.gif

Edited by Yunako

Jealous! I haven't even seen any Silver, but I caught a Xeno.

Luck still varies, as usual smile.gif

Do these forums have any way to see when the user was last online like other collecting sites do? (For example ~ Last visited: Yesterday, --:--) 

Do we have something like that here somewhere that I'm too blind to find or no? unsure.gif

I usually search their posts for when they last posted. As far as I know, the regular old user has no other way to see last forum activity of others.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

If you log out it will tell you when you were last on. I don't think theres anything like that for checking another users activity if thats what you need but you can check for recent posts.

@WoLfgIrLyS Unfortunately there is not a thing like that to check when another user was last active, I wish there was tongue.gif

@Yunako I just think you were very lucky ohmy.gif I'm in the cave a lot looking for rares and I still have never even SEEN a silver in the biomes. I always have to trade the others rares I get for them haha tongue.gif

I would certainly be willing to trade with you sometime as I grab Xenos all the time xd.png except for gaias those are still hard for me to getxD

Edited by maylin

@WoLfgIrLyS Unfortunately there is not a thing like that to check when another user was last active, I wish there was tongue.gif

@Yunako I just think you were very lucky ohmy.gif I'm in the cave a lot looking for rares and I still have never even SEEN a silver in the biomes. I always have to trade the others rares I get for them haha tongue.gif

I would certainly be willing to trade with you sometime as I grab Xenos all the time xd.png except for gaias those are still hard for me to getxD

Oh geez, Gaias! Don't even talk to me about them! I've been wanting another CB Gaia for ages! I haven't seen one in MONTHS! I wish the Xeno ratio would hurry up and even out...unless they really ARE meant to be super rare.

I heard it was not permitted to talk about neglected science or how to make them on the forum. I checked the board rules, and it's not written anywhere there. Are there any other "non-written" rules we need to know?

I heard it was not permitted to talk about neglected science or how to make them on the forum. I checked the board rules, and it's not written anywhere there. Are there any other "non-written" rules we need to know?

Negecteds are special case due to the old topic dissolving into lots of multiscrolling and encouraging others to do so. It was more, it was too much work to police, so the topic was closed and discussion has to be done off forum or over PM. Lots of people will answer questions if you ask them.

I don't really think there's any "unwritten" rules. Just no topics that don't violate the cave's TOS are the only things not strictly specified here. Because they are already stated on Dragcave. The only other thing I can think of falls under that is reverse engineering. We had a lot of topics closed for that when the Snow Angels first came out as people figured out how to get a certain color during the release.

So, no. Nothing to worry about, No secrets to get people accidently in trouble. (Even Negecteds won't get you in trouble, just a polite reminder to take it elsewhere is all I've seen)

(Even Negecteds won't get you in trouble, just a polite reminder to take it elsewhere is all I've seen)

Yep, no trouble, no warnings. =)

Does anyone have the sprites of the Spotted River dragons and Goldfinch Wyverns from the completed list saved? They dropped off the completed list in 2015 and 2014 respectively, and given Antareans were only off the list at most half a year before being released, I assume they will never be in-cave sprites. I liked them very much, though, and would like to hold onto them in my personal archive.

(The same is true for the Sand-Belly, which dropped sometime late 2012 or 2013, but I have lower hopes that someone might have saved that sprite.)

Would appreciate a PM if someone has any of these! Thanks. user posted image

Have been contacted. Thanks for your help, all! biggrin.gif

Edited by pinkgothic