Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

That's why I haven't closed the Suggestions thread on it yet - because I'd like to see confirmation that they are behaving correctly (whatever that happens to be) this year. So if someone has proof an s2 should be rosy and it isn't, they should please feel free to create a help thread on it. ^^

Did just that, thanks Sock: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9369826

(opening a new help thread is scary o_o)

When did the solstice hatchlings get a sprite update? The only s2 shown on the wiki has blue wings, but I was just looking at my frozen s2 and it has rosy wings. I don't look at my frozen babies too often but I don't remember her having those when I froze her. Is this new or am I just unobservant?

it now has blue wings look like it was a glitch

Could someone help me out please? I have an egg laid on Dec 21, 2016. It is at 6 days and 5 hours, and it is currently 8:27 am dragon cave time. Will this solstice have rosy wings or pale wings?

This is how I figure it out, it's much easier since the egg is around 6 days. If it has 6 days and 5 hours left, that means in 5 hours it will be the same time it was bred. So 8:30am + 5 hours = 1:30pm, which means daytime smile.gif

I know you already got a reply I'm just hoping an explanation of how I do it is helpful smile.gif It works now since abandoned eggs don't gain a day.

Just yesterday, I was lamenting the fact that this hatchie would turn out blue-winged as I didn't check before I traded for it. But now it gendered rosy so I'm super confused again (not that I'm complaining). But then I'm freaking out that I may have completely misunderstood how solstices color.

Just yesterday, I was lamenting the fact that this hatchie would turn out blue-winged as I didn't check before I traded for it. But now it gendered rosy so I'm super confused again (not that I'm complaining). But then I'm freaking out that I may have completely misunderstood how solstices color.

What time was it bred?

I’m able to influence my Mistletoe Egg.

I thought Christmas dragons couldn’t be influenced.

Is this a glitch, or has something changed? huh.gif

no bred ones can be influenced both male and female

no bred ones can be influenced both male and female

Ahh, I see, thanks. smile.gif

I was thinking, I would have an ultra-rare male Mistletoe baby laugh.gif

What time was it bred?

I didn't breed it but I got it as an egg and I'm pretty sure it hatched at exactly 4 days.

Is the glitch where Solstice hatchlings were the wrong colour fixed now? Cause this hatchling https://dragcave.net/lineage/sp2sR was blue, then turned red and is now back to being blue. I bred both my CB Solstices wrongly because of this: First I bred for a red one to have red + blue frozen hatchie sprites, then when the hatchling's colour changed I had to abandon a red egg it to make room for a blue one, but then the hatchling changed colour again so now I'm going to get two blue hatchlings not one of each. ~Please take trades to the Trading section~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I didn't breed it but I got it as an egg and I'm pretty sure it hatched at exactly 4 days.

. . . And what time did it hatch? At least tell me what time your dragon is at now if you can't backtrack the time. I'm on fairly bad internet here, I can't go clicking a bunch of links to figure it out myself unless I want to spend half an hour loading the page. You asked the question, so please provide the necessary information. ;3 Unless you weren't really asking, just commenting?

Is the glitch where Solstice hatchlings were the wrong colour fixed now? Cause this hatchling https://dragcave.net/lineage/sp2sR was blue, then turned red and is now back to being blue. I bred both my CB Solstices wrongly because of this: First I bred for a red one to have red + blue frozen hatchie sprites, then when the hatchling's colour changed I had to abandon a red egg it to make room for a blue one, but then the hatchling changed colour again so now I'm going to get two blue hatchlings not one of each. ~Please take trades to the Trading section~

It was (see the closed help thread) but I honestly haven't heard anything about it from TJ, so if you notice something you know is an issue, please feel to create a new help thread for it. :3

Hollies and mistletoes can both be influenced smile.gif

Afaik, holly and mistletoe look very similar in real life, so the spriters/conceptors for the mistletoe dragon wanted them to mimic hollies in that they can be influenced smile.gif

Hollies and mistletoes can both be influenced smile.gif

Afaik, holly and mistletoe look very similar in real life, so the spriters/conceptors for the mistletoe dragon wanted them to mimic hollies in that they can be influenced smile.gif

It's not that they look similar per se as that they are both classic holiday decorations that are often used together. They don't actually look similar, at least not up close - holly has very spiky leaves and bright red or yellow berries whereas mistletoe has rounded, soft leaves and white or green berries. Since they're both such classic holiday plants it made sense to make the Mistletoe the female counterpart of the Holly, in that both can be influenced when bred.

At least, that's my understanding/recollection.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Not sure whether this needs a thread of its own. ETA decided it did !

Three times this week (Hallowe'en urgencies, you know laugh.gif ) I have emailed members here through the forum. Every time, the emails have come back with:

and/or

- and this was one aol, one yahoo and one gmail.

All have said it was a remote protocol error. Is there anything that can be done to make the whole forum pass DMARC - to effectively get itself whitelisted ? Otherwise there's not much point being able to post that we accept emails...

I have just sent one to myself with the same result.... and yes, the forum address is whitelisted with my provider.

Bumping this, as I can't find the separate thread I started. PLEASE could TJ either get the forum accepted through DMARC (individuals cannot do this) or simply take out the email member option ? I have needed to email people 3 times this week - and every last one has bounced for DMARC reasons. I wouldn't be so peeved if the forum simply admitted that most emails send through the email link WILL get bounced back.

This page tells you how:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690

but it has to be the domain owner.

I have 2 Solstice eggs and no idea if they'll become blue or rosy.

#1: laid on Dec 22, 2016, is now at 6 days and 5 hours and it's 8:36 AM in the cave.

#2: laid on Dec 23, 2016, is now at 6 days and 21 hours and it's still 8:36 AM in the cave. ^^

Can someone please help? Math was not my favourite subject. sad.gif

I have 2 Solstice eggs and no idea if they'll become blue or rosy.

#1: laid on Dec 22, 2016, is now at 6 days and 5 hours and it's 8:36 AM in the cave.

#2: laid on Dec 23, 2016, is now at 6 days and 21 hours and it's still 8:36 AM in the cave. ^^

Can someone please help? Math was not my favourite subject. sad.gif

#1 will have blue wings, (bred at 1:xx pm)

#2 will have rosy wings. (bred at 5:xx am)

Added the approximate bred hour in case you want to recheck with those C:

#1 will have blue wings, (bred at 1:xx pm)

#2 will have rosy wings. (bred at 5:xx am)

Added the approximate bred hour in case you want to recheck with those C:

THANK YOU! wub.gif I was going insane trying to figure it out.

I am going crazy trying to figure these out...so if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.

I caught a solstice right now at 11:58 PM cave time and it was at 6 days and 8 hours. Will it be rosy winged? I really needed one...thanks!

It was bred on December 23.

Edited by pollyfirstfirst

I am going crazy trying to figure these out...so if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.

I caught a solstice right now at 11:58 PM cave time and it was at 6 days and 8 hours. Will it be rosy winged? I really needed one...thanks!

It was bred on December 23.

Okay, if your egg was at 6 days 8 hours at 11:58 that means that 8 hours from then it will be back to the time of day it was bred. Eight hours from 11:58 will be 7:58 a.m. So no, it will be a blue-winged one.

I need help with another solstice egg rolleyes.gif

So I caught a egg at 6 days 8 hours at 2:46 AM cave time. (after midnight) The egg was bred on December 23. Is this going to be rosy winged? Thanks!

Edited by pollyfirstfirst

I need help with another solstice egg rolleyes.gif

So I caught a egg at 6 days 8 hours at 2:46 AM cave time. (after midnight) The egg was bred on December 23. Is this going to be rosy winged? Thanks!

The egg was laid around 10:46 in the morning the previous day, so it'll be blue-winged.

How come there are so few Aegis in the AP? They were last Christmas' dragon, shouldn't a lot of people have them? blink.gif

I need to catch some rosy winged solstices, and I live in cave time. What will be the best time to grab rosy wings in the AP? Or just any advice that is helpful is appreciated. Thanks!

I need to catch some rosy winged solstices, and I live in cave time. What will be the best time to grab rosy wings in the AP? Or just any advice that is helpful is appreciated. Thanks!

Since these are what time the eggs usually have left:

9 a.m. -> x days and 9~21 hours left

10 a.m -> x days and 8~20 hours left

11 a.m -> 7~19 hours left

12 p.m. -> 6~18 hours left

1 p.m. -> 5~17 hours left

Try aiming for eggs between these hours. smile.gif

Edited by SkyWolf25