Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I think he said somewhere that it was something he would fix, but I can't find that. It seems only to be true for certain ones anyway -- for instance, this lineage counts normally, even though all the first gens are Thuweds.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175772

I'm not sure how he's going to have them count; just that they will be consistent with each other at some point.

There were issues with custom sort not holding up a couple of days ago. Are they fixed ? I can't face a disaster - but I really need....

It fixed itself by the morning after the night it had been reported. And if the issue was persisting, it'd be obvious - sort wasn't just sticking, we were getting bad gateway error pages. ^^

But if you're paranoid, you can always save the page without moving anything and make sure it's loading correctly!

Can someone direct me to the christmas mass-breed thread that's going on right now? I tried the search engine but wouldn't work. Thanks!

If I PM someone and then delete the PM from my sent folder, do they still get it?

If I PM someone and then delete the PM from my sent folder, do they still get it?

Yes. PMs are only tied together when it's an unread PM and you've tracked it. Before the PM gets read, you could delete it from your tracker, and that would delete it from the other person's inbox. Your sent folder is your own, though.

Yes. PMs are only tied together when it's an unread PM and you've tracked it. Before the PM gets read, you could delete it from your tracker, and that would delete it from the other person's inbox. Your sent folder is your own, though.

Good. smile.gif Thank you smile.gif

I was a bit worried I had accidentally deleted something before someone had read it, haha

It fixed itself by the morning after the night it had been reported. And if the issue was persisting, it'd be obvious - sort wasn't just sticking, we were getting bad gateway error pages. ^^

But if you're paranoid, you can always save the page without moving anything and make sure it's loading correctly!

Thanks - I did look and couldn't find anyone who'd said it was fixed. But with 5k+ you can understand why... blink.gif I didn't see about gateways; just someone saying the sort hadn't stuck and their dragons were messed up !

Thanks - I did look and couldn't find anyone who'd said it was fixed. But with 5k+ you can understand why... blink.gif  I didn't see about gateways; just someone saying the sort hadn't stuck and their dragons were messed up !

Maybe we're thinking of different things because if that was something recently, I missed reading it! o_O

EDIT to say: Here (and the thread) is what I was thinking of. I went a few pages back and this thread, and the only other thing I saw on sort was someone using the temp sorts, not realizing the perma-sort options were found under account settings). Other than that, all else I can find is someone who didn't realize the update to the breed sort meant their holidays would separate.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I can't find it now - but this was someone who was sorting with alt custom - as I do - and their dragons were running away and saying no no, NOT going there and hiding somewhere else! Maybe they found they'd messed up themselves - and deleted their post for embarrassment (I've done that when I have posted about some "glitch" and realised I did it myself !!!) laugh.gif

Anyway - I tested with a few things at the top, and it seems to be OK today, so I will do the rest later.

Is it just me, or when I was going to eatw the format was different? And then sometimes I got a 403 forbidden message. I'm not sure why?

Is it just me, or when I was going to eatw the format was different? And then sometimes I got a 403 forbidden message. I'm not sure why?

Mines doing it too. It's probably just down at the moment.

Mines doing it too. It's probably just down at the moment.

Huh. Oh well. Thanks! (I may have accidentally reported your reply instead of quoting it with the text above, sorry, but I think they'll realize it was an accident)

Technically not a DC question, sorry, but is anyone else having issues with their dynamic scroll-stats banner from various fansites?

I had one from EATW that quit displaying in my sig so I went to that site to try generating a new one, but none of those worked. I thought maybe it was something on EATW's end so I tried the one on EDS and that one isn't working either.

Technically not a DC question, sorry, but is anyone else having issues with their dynamic scroll-stats banner from various fansites?

I had one from EATW that quit displaying in my sig so I went to that site to try generating a new one, but none of those worked. I thought maybe it was something on EATW's end so I tried the one on EDS and that one isn't working either.

AOND doesn't do them at the moment; bbik plans to get them back in the end, but she was more concerned with moving the important parts of the site to its new server than sorting out the frilly bits.

EDS works some days and not others - that's where mine's from, and I always know when EDS is down, because it vanishes. It's the fan sites, not here ! But today's the first day I've seen EATW banners not working.

And when I go to the site, it won't generate one, and also I'm getting it with no page style.... I think there's an issue over there...

Edited by fuzzbucket

Is anyone else getting the classic 'your Android is infected with the four virus!' page redirect while browsing their scroll on mobile? It's happened at least four or five times for me now. I expect it on dodgy websites but not from DC, is there a particular ad causing it that TJ could look into? I don't really want to block ads but it is frustrating.

Don't think it's coming from here.... There's an on line forum that says androids are throwing up a shedload of false positives.

I think EATW is fixed now. Mine is working

I was just doing a mass breed to roll some Holidaykin into the AP, and a pair that have successfully bred before, refused. Does the "won't refuse if they've had kids before" rule not apply if the breeding was done during a holiday time frame, since refusals are shut off anyway? Was a bit of a shock to get that refusal message. blink.gif

ETA - Thanks purplehaze! Ugh, that's a bummer.

Edited by jocosa

I was just doing a mass breed to roll some Holidaykin into the AP, and a pair that have successfully bred before, refused. Does the "won't refuse if they've had kids before" rule not apply if the breeding was done during a holiday time frame, since refusals are shut off anyway? Was a bit of a shock to get that refusal message.  blink.gif

If the only time they have bred successfully is during the holiday season, they can refuse during other times.

Edited by purplehaze

I think eatw is down again...anyone else experiencing the same issue?

I'm getting an outright 404 error and my eggs haven't gotten any views since early this morning. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

EDIT: A friend just checked and she says that she's getting a page that mentions server migration, so that's reassuring.

Edited by keijaidyyn

I'm getting an outright 404 error and my eggs haven't gotten any views since early this morning. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

EDIT: A friend just checked and she says that she's getting a page that mentions server migration, so that's reassuring.

I'm also seeing a server migration message.