Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Does sickness delay egg hatching? I have two eggs that are sick and have 2k views, while another healthy one at the same stage and age with 500.

Not AFAIK.

Does sickness delay egg hatching? I have two eggs that are sick and have 2k views, while another healthy one at the same stage and age with 500.

Are the eggs Sunrise/sets?

It never did for me. If it does, that is an interesting circumstance.

Teleporting an egg to someone doesn't give it an extra day unless it was already incubated, right?

Aka, there's no way to influence gender on those Halloweens still in the AP, is there? sad.gif

I'm super late to this party, but the last time I saw the AP with Halloweens the eggs were roughly 2d 23h. Stun would do what you need done here - the extra day boosts you to 3d 23h, letting you Influence, and the 2d without views leaves you with a 1d 23h Influenced egg which would need prompt ER attention. Mildly risky if you're not paying attention to the eggs, since the ERs are taking hours to hatch everything, and mildly annoying since you have to wait the full 2d, but better than misgenders.

I'm super late to this party, but the last time I saw the AP with Halloweens the eggs were roughly 2d 23h. Stun would do what you need done here - the extra day boosts you to 3d 23h, letting you Influence, and the 2d without views leaves you with a 1d 23h Influenced egg which would need prompt ER attention. Mildly risky if you're not paying attention to the eggs, since the ERs are taking hours to hatch everything, and mildly annoying since you have to wait the full 2d, but better than misgenders.

Stun only works on hatchies, sorry.

Are Nhiostrife Wyverns one of those stubborn breeds to hatch? I know things like GoNs, Prizes, and both kinds of Luminae usually take a bit longer but I have a Nhio at 2d22h with 1349 V 239 UV and it's barely cracked even though it's in AoND, EATW, DDF, Silvi's, and Valley Sherwood.

Or is it just because the fansite ERs are so overloaded at the moment that things are slow to hatch?

Are Nhiostrife Wyverns one of those stubborn breeds to hatch? I know things like GoNs, Prizes, and both kinds of Luminae usually take a bit longer but I have a Nhio at 2d22h with 1349 V 239 UV and it's barely cracked even though it's in AoND, EATW, DDF, Silvi's, and Valley Sherwood.

Or is it just because the fansite ERs are so overloaded at the moment that things are slow to hatch?

Your nhio has a big hole in it. Clear your cache?

I don't recall nhios being particularly stubborn myself. Your nhio is about on par with what my brute needed to hatch: 1,438 views and 197 uvs.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Aha, thanks, that did it. I should've tried that first, oops.

Hmm.. it's a hatchie now so maybe it was simply a case of "the watched pot never boils" since I don't usually watch my eggs that closely stats-wise. lol

Stun only works on hatchies, sorry.

Sigh. It's been a long week, sorry. Thanks for correcting me.

Is there a way to know how many times I've used the splash BSA in total? I want to know how many more I'll need until the badge.

Edited by andromedae

Is there a way to know how many times I've used the splash BSA in total? I want to know how many more I'll need until the badge.

No. You have to keep count yourself.... Look on the bright side - the day the badge pops up you will NOT have expected it ! laugh.gif

I remember that before there was a thread dedicated to trying to get in contact with users whom lost an egg or something along those lines (accidental abandons, eggs lost due to being egg locked, etc) and was wondering if that was still a thing?

If not, may I request that anyone that if anyone knows knows where to contact lazybug? I don't know if they are still active here or not or if anyone who is friends with them knows if they are active elsewhere. If so a contact method or someone relaying a message that I need to give them a breeding request they asked of me would be nice.

I'm so sorry x.x

I remember that before there was a thread dedicated to trying to get in contact with users whom lost an egg or something along those lines (accidental abandons, eggs lost due to being egg locked, etc) and was wondering if that was still a thing?

If not, may I request that anyone that if anyone knows knows where to contact lazybug? I don't know if they are still active here or not or if anyone who is friends with them knows if they are active elsewhere. If so a contact method or someone relaying a message that I need to give them a breeding request they asked of me would be nice.

I'm so sorry x.x

Random Scroll Help and Missed Connections: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=158260

No. You have to keep count yourself.... Look on the bright side - the day the badge pops up you will NOT have expected it ! laugh.gif

Lol, I lost count ages ago. But thanks, I guess I'll be seeing the badge as a lovely surprise from now on tongue.gif

Is the word 'stupid' no longer allowed on the DC forums? blink.gif There's an old topic called 'Stupid things you've done on DC', its name got changed and the word is now censored. What the hell happened? xd.png

Not that I post a lot in discussions, but just curious, lol.

Is the word 'stupid' no longer allowed on the DC forums? blink.gif There's an old topic called 'Stupid things you've done on DC', its name got changed and the word is now censored. What the hell happened? xd.png

Not that I post a lot in discussions, but just curious, lol.

If it wasn't allowed, it would be fully censored (say crap was still censored, it would be censor evasion to write cr*p or even c***). It is allowed.

I changed it because the term is ableist, and I thought it's be nicer to be sensitive.

If it wasn't allowed, it would be fully censored (say crap was still censored, it would be censor evasion to write cr*p or even c***). It is allowed.

I changed it because the term is ableist, and I thought it's be nicer to be sensitive.

I'm afraid I very much disagree with you. The things I have done that qualified no longer qualify under silly or irritating. They were plain stupid. And how is that ableist ? I don't have to call what I did stupid if I don't want to. No-one is calling the people who did them stupid, only what they did, and it's the people who did them that are saying this.

This may be OT, but I have also posted on this one in forum feedback.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'm afraid I very much disagree with you. The things I have done that qualified no longer qualify under silly or irritating. They were plain st*pid. And how is that ableist ? I don't have to call what I did st*pid if I don't want to. No-one is calling the people who did them st*pid, only what they did, and it's the people who did them that are saying this.

This may be OT, but I have also posted on this one in forum feedback.

I'm not going to debate why things are derogatory here in Help or TLQ. Your question can also be easily googled, though, if you are genuinely interested in an explanation, as it goes for all derogatory terms.

In any case, I actually beat you to posting in S/R. The name has also already been changed back.

I'm not going to debate why things are derogatory here in Help or TLQ. Your question can also be easily googled, though, if you are genuinely interested in an explanation, as it goes for all derogatory terms.

In any case, I actually beat you to posting in S/R. The name has also already been changed back.

I just did. As applied to a PERSON, sure. As applied to an ACTION - no. But thanks for changing it back.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I have a question about old pinks vs new pinks.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/aMxpa

Does this still happen? Or has this been corrected moving forward? I only just noticed this, LOL

I gather sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't... From the wiki

Bright Pinks used to only breed Pink Dragon eggs after being discontinued, or the egg of their partner's breed; as Aria dragons, they can produce eggs of their own kind again, however will still breed Pink eggs on the rare occasion

Does this still happen? Or has this been corrected moving forward? I only just noticed this, LOL

From the "allow pinks to breed arias (and vice versa)" suggestion thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0%20arias&st=20

The one-way breeding to maintain their previous behavior is already a thing, and was the intention from the very beginning.

I suspect we don't need a thread to suggest something that already exists.

^^

Arias can still breed new Pinks - this is the progeny from one of my Arias from after they were re-released, and TJ has confirmed also that the behaviour will continue.

ETA: Majorly ninja'ed. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior