Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

How long does it take for Zombies to show their special tombstones?

Two weeks from the time they died. Until then they just have the generic tombstone that they had as a dead dragon.

Does anybody know if there's a way to tell what color wings your Snow Angel will have if you don't have any on your scroll yet??

Does anybody know if there's a way to tell what color wings your Snow Angel will have if you don't have any on your scroll yet??

I don't think there is. It's just, you see once you have them.

That makes it so hard to plan lineages T_T

I can't make any plans for TWO YEARS without knowing the color. This Christmas, going into the xmas egg hunt blind, I will have no idea what eggs I want to pick up (I like for my wings to match the parents wings to continue the pattern). I can pick maybe one of each up to test the wing color, but won't really be able to pick and choose which lineages I like till after the snow angels hatch. That means waiting till Christmas 2017 to have full knowledge of what snow angel I have and what lineages I want to create with it. And then Christmas 2018 before I can begin breeding those snow angels to further their lineages.

That is not fair =.=

That makes it so hard to plan lineages T_T

I can't make any plans for TWO YEARS without knowing the color. This Christmas, going into the xmas egg hunt blind, I will have no idea what eggs I want to pick up (I like for my wings to match the parents wings to continue the pattern). I can pick maybe one of each up to test the wing color, but won't really be able to pick and choose which lineages I like till after the snow angels hatch. That means waiting till Christmas 2017 to have full knowledge of what snow angel I have and what lineages I want to create with it. And then Christmas 2018 before I can begin breeding those snow angels to further their lineages.

That is not fair =.=

I understand your struggles. I've gone through similar predicaments, but there is currently no way to tell. It used to be possible to predict, but at the spriter's request, TJ made early detection impossible. I might suggest trading with other people when lineages go wrong. I honestly gave up trying to have all my SA lineages have matching wings. They're all so pretty anyway. Maybe it'll change one day, but not today.

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Snow_Angel See paragraph three for reference. smile.gif

Edited by evangeline5432

I understand your struggles. I've gone through similar predicaments, but there is currently no way to tell. It used to be possible to predict, but at the spriter's request, TJ made early detection impossible. I might suggest trading with other people when lineages go wrong. I honestly gave up trying to have all my SA lineages have matching wings. They're all so pretty anyway. Maybe it'll change one day, but not today.

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Snow_Angel See paragraph three for reference. smile.gif

Thank you for the insight! I'm not quite sure why early detection at this point is still a problem...because we can't change it, only know what it is and prepare accordingly...but alas, I'll pick up some test eggs this Christmas and go from there.

- Pryanka

You're sure it's not something simple, like scrollid modulo 3? I suppose I could see it being randomly generated, but scrollid mod 3 seems so much more elegant. The referenced paragraph on the Wiki doesn't indicate randomness to me, simply a reshuffle.

Is it just me or is the lag really, really bad right now?

me too wink.gif

Is it just me or is the lag really, really bad right now?

Very much not just you. :s

My friend made an accoutn called SCROLLNAME. Will this mean the links on the FaQ (dragcave.net/user/SCROLLNAME) will redirect to his account?

My friend made an accoutn called SCROLLNAME. Will this mean the links on the FaQ (dragcave.net/user/SCROLLNAME) will redirect to his account?

Ayup.

yes, it did for me

Ack, I totally forgot about the egg/hatchie limits - I have an egg that will hatch in an hour, and a hatchie will grow up in 3, but I'm already at my limit for growing things ^^; Will the newly hatched hatchie be auto-abandoned? unsure.gif I should've been more careful but because of the AP, I was oblivious to the limit unsure.gif *headdesk*

Ack, I totally forgot about the egg/hatchie limits - I have an egg that will hatch in an hour, and a hatchie will grow up in 3, but I'm already at my limit for growing things ^^; Will the newly hatched hatchie be auto-abandoned? unsure.gif I should've been more careful but because of the AP, I was oblivious to the limit unsure.gif *headdesk*

The higher limit is total growing things maximum, including BOTH eggs and hatchlings. The smaller limit is eggs maximum ONLY. Yes, it's possible to be locked with all hatchlings, no eggs.

Growing things = hatchies + eggs

It's impossible for a hatchie to get auto-abandoned. You have a separate egg limit, but there is no specific hatchie limit. You're just limited by the total limit minus the number of eggs you have. ;3

Growing things = hatchies + eggs

It's impossible for a hatchie to get auto-abandoned. You have a separate egg limit, but there is no specific hatchie limit. You're just limited by the total limit minus the number of eggs you have. ;3

Ah, I see, that's what I was confused over *can relax now* x'D I feel ridiculous for being confused about that, I should've known ^^; Thank you Sock (and Dusky)! :3

I saw a thread a while ago with little collections of DC eggs, all in little rows, grouped by colour and things. I want to use one or two as dividers in a post, but I can't find the thread (I have no idea where to look; I browsed the latest few pages of the art -Original Works - section, but I didn't see anything that seemed to be it.)

Does anyone know what thread I'm talking about, and/or have a link to direct me to it?

I saw a thread a while ago with little collections of DC eggs, all in little rows, grouped by colour and things. I want to use one or two as dividers in a post, but I can't find the thread (I have no idea where to look; I browsed the latest few pages of the art -Original Works - section, but I didn't see anything that seemed to be it.)

Does anyone know what thread I'm talking about, and/or have a link to direct me to it?

Here it is (if this is what you're referring to)! :3 -> https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=155277

Not sure whether this needs a thread of its own. ETA decided it did !

Three times this week (Hallowe'en urgencies, you know laugh.gif ) I have emailed members here through the forum. Every time, the emails have come back with:

This message failed DMARC Evaluation
and/or

Message not accepted for policy reasons.

- and this was one aol, one yahoo and one gmail.

All have said it was a remote protocol error. Is there anything that can be done to make the whole forum pass DMARC - to effectively get itself whitelisted ? Otherwise there's not much point being able to post that we accept emails...

I have just sent one to myself with the same result.... and yes, the forum address is whitelisted with my provider.

Edited by fuzzbucket

How long does it take for an egg to show up in the AP? An egg I bred auto-abandoned with the code meW7p

I know I can't catch it myself, just want to know when it'll show up so that I can get a friend to help me grab it.

How long does it take for an egg to show up in the AP? An egg I bred auto-abandoned with the code meW7p

I know I can't catch it myself, just want to know when it'll show up so that I can get a friend to help me grab it.

They used to add an extra day, but recently it's been changed and once the halloween eggs pass through it should show up anywhere from 2 to 4 days from when it was bred.

does anyone know if there are any plans to , or any way now that i can change my scroll name ? it is uncomfortable for me to play with the old username i have at the moment ^w^'

does anyone know if there are any plans to , or any way now that i can change my scroll name ? it is uncomfortable for me to play with the old username i have at the moment ^w^'

There's no way. TJ has said that he has plans to set it up so that users can change their own, - but he's been saying that for a very long time.

What eggs will result from a Holiday x Holiday like

Aegis x Solstice

??

You may get a mixed batch. I have certainly got those with Valentines.

Edited by fuzzbucket