Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Does this little guy not have enough of something? He hasn't even gendered yet! laugh.gif

Just want to know what's missing.

Does this little guy not have enough of something? He hasn't even gendered yet! laugh.gif

My newest Tinsel grew up with the following stats:

Overall views: 7,749

Unique views: 932

Clicks: 2

So probably some more UVs and a lot more OVs? I don't know when he gendered though.

(Congrats on getting that pretty baby btw! smile.gif )

You're very low on OV. Some gentle autorefreshing should fix that.

Thank. I'm assuming this little girl has the same problem? She (pre-cog female) hasn't gendered yet and only has 2 hours left. I suppose some auto-refreshing? She's not even a rare like tinsel. Which is odd. laugh.gif

Thank. I'm assuming this little girl has the same problem? She (pre-cog female) hasn't gendered yet and only has 2 hours left. I suppose some auto-refreshing? She's not even a rare like tinsel. Which is odd. laugh.gif

That looks more like a UV problem to me. 350's pretty low. Mine usually float around 850-900 by that point in life. Even at basic s2 stage mine usually sit around 600-700. I'd say 400-500 minimum for yours to grow, since it's already close to 4d.

Are Undine eggs like prizes -- get sick easily even when ready to hatch?

I have one at 4d 2h and it just got sick.

Overall views: 2,294

Unique views: 658

Clicks:

Not out of line at all with what my eggs usually have at that point.

Are Undine eggs like prizes -- get sick easily even when ready to hatch?

I have one at 4d 2h and it just got sick.

Overall views: 2,294

Unique views: 658

Clicks:

Not out of line at all with what my eggs usually have at that point.

Ive had some dark luminas do that of late but never an undine

tha'ts pretty low numbers to get sick that close to hatching

perhaps TJ has reset some numbers????

Where do I find the official identifiers for the various types of dragons...

as in.. what defines a lindwurm

or a wyrm

or an amphithere

etc.

I'm trying to compile a list of dragon types on the CL, but the type is not always listed, so I need the definitions of which is what.

or a wyrm

or an amphithere

etc.

I'm trying to compile a list of dragon types on the CL, but the type is not always listed, so I need the definitions of which is what.

I listed classifications here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175412

Amphithere

A winged, serpentine dragon that is lacking arms and legs.

Example: Sunsong by JereduLevenin

Drake

A species created by Dovealove. They have a certain set of characteristics and can only breed with other drakes.

Drakes:

1. Have four limbs/legs with leathery wings.

2. Have antlers.

3. Are smaller than the average dragon.

4. Have a similar intelligence level to dogs.

5. Only have an innate/natural level of magic.

6. Lack a thumb.

Example: Orchredrake by Dovealove and Pokemonfan13

Eastern

A long, serpentine dragon with four legs but no other limbs. Oftentimes Easterns may have branched horns, a furry mane, and fur at the end of their tails. Eastern dragons are capable of magic-assisted flight.

Example: Silver by Kitoxa

Lindwurm/Lindwyrm

A serpentine dragon with no hind legs, only forelegs and wings.

Example: Blusang by Corteo and JereduLevenin

Pygmy

A small dragon about the size of a housecat. They are the smallest dragons allowed on DC. They can only breed with other pygmies.

Example: Pygmy by Vicats

Sea Serpents

A dragon with fins that lives in the water.

Example: Deep Sea by Dovealove, Pokemonfan13, and Shiro Shitoro

Two-Headed

A dragon with two heads, two necks, two brains, two mouths, but one stomach and one main body. They can only breed with other two-headed dragons.

Example: Split by CaityG and Odeen

Western

A dragon with wings and four legs. They are often stockier than Eastern dragons.

Example: Red by Silvanon

Wingless

A dragon with four legs and no wings.

Example: Magma by Dovealove, Shikaru, Shiro Shitoro, and TJ09

Wyrm/Wurm

A limbless dragon. Take caution in making a wyrm species; if you're not careful you might end up with a snake instead of a dragon.

Example: Gaia by birdzgoboom

Wyvern

A dragon with hind legs and wings that also act as modified arms.

Example: Hellfire by JereduLevenin

It would be nice to have something on site besides simply listing types in the encyclopedia, though.

Thank you for the list

It would be nice to have something on site besides simply listing types in the encyclopedia, though.

What do you mean? Please elaborate.

--------------------

Another question..

I understand that if an artist has left the site, their dragons in the completed list can not be used, but does that also apply to dragons that have multiple artists?

And can you tell me which artists HAVE left the site?

Another question..

I understand that if an artist has left the site, their dragons in the completed list can not be used, but does that also apply to dragons that have multiple artists?

And can you tell me which artists HAVE left the site?

If any artist who worked on the dragon cannot or will not sign the agreement, the dragon cannot be released unless it's redone without that artist's part.

There is no easy way to list or figure this out besides checking yourself - and sometimes artists may wander back if contacted via PM, email, or another offsite contact (such as dA or tumblr). Since it's a highly individual thing, it really depends on the person.

What do you mean?

You're the second to ask in as many weeks. It would be nice to have the info in the cave.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

or a wyrm

or an amphithere

etc.

In addition to what Sock listed, the official association of each breed with a certain type (e.g. for Undead making) is at the top of the breed's Encyclopedia page.

What's CL?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

What's CL?

Cinn has been looking at the dragons on the Completed List, so I assume that is it.

Ah thanks! In that case, feel free to discard my addition to Sock's listing laugh.gif

I'm not sure if I can ask this here, but I saw someone ask it somewhere and can't find that post now laugh.gif Anyway, is there a specific time when blacks alts as sitting/curled or it's always random and they are possible to get at the same time? I hope someone understands what I mean biggrin.gif

This is probably a well known thing, but I couldn't find the answer in the FAQ -

How often is the AP updated with new eggs? Are your abandoned eggs immediately dropped into the AP or is there some lag?

This is probably a well known thing, but I couldn't find the answer in the FAQ -

How often is the AP updated with new eggs? Are your abandoned eggs immediately dropped into the AP or is there some lag?

The AP is live (if an egg is removed, another in the queue can immediately replace it), but it sorts by time. So if you drop a 7 days left egg in the AP but everything in the AP is at 5 days left, it'll be two days before the egg becomes visible in the AP.

I'm not sure if I can ask this here, but I saw someone ask it somewhere and can't find that post now laugh.gif Anyway, is there a specific time when blacks alts as sitting/curled or it's always random and they are possible to get at the same time? I hope someone understands what I mean biggrin.gif

It's random. It is possible to get either at anytime, in theory.

In practice, it seems to run in waves. Mostly one or the other with no real way to say when it will switch back until the other starts popping up in trade threads/in hatcheries.

Is it normal for hatchies to gender while fogged their entire time from when they hatched? unsure.gif

Is it normal for hatchies to gender while fogged their entire time from when they hatched? unsure.gif

Yep. The older they get, the less stats they need to gender. It's really hard to get s1 zombies by the fogging out message. Probably easier to let the egg tick down in time so it needs less stats to hatch, then fog it when it hatches and hope the stats are low enough. Or use a stubborn breed (but that won't get you all the zombie types).

What kind of zombie does Red-Finned Tidals turn into? I've never raised one so I don't have the Encyclopedia info.

Edit: Whoo, thanks Angelic!

Why are they lindwyrms, though? I thought they looked rather leviathan-ish or amphiptere-ish. :0

Edited by SkyWolf25

are other games allowed to use dragon sprites made by incave artists here?

specfically i was looking on deviantart and checking out marri's pretty cool stuff and i clicked on one which i think she made in 2011? and its a very pretty dragon and she said that she was passively trying to get it incave. but there's a comment on there from 2015 saying that world of umbria is using her sprite and there's no new comments after that so i don't know if marri knows about this and if world of umbria is stealing her artwork. i would pm her here but it doesnt look like she's been all that active recently so im not sure how to bring this to her attention.

are other games allowed to use dragon sprites made by incave artists here?

specfically i was looking on deviantart and checking out marri's pretty cool stuff and i clicked on one which i think she made in 2011? and its a very pretty dragon and she said that she was passively trying to get it incave. but there's a comment on there from 2015 saying that world of umbria is using her sprite and there's no new comments after that so i don't know if marri knows about this and if world of umbria is stealing her artwork. i would pm her here but it doesnt look like she's been all that active recently so im not sure how to bring this to her attention.

If you really want to get someone's attention, the best way is to contact them privately... PM, email, dA, whatever other contact you have for her or that she lists.

Actually quite a few users appear inactive but are responsive to PM. I know I've seen Marri's name on the list of active users on the forum recently.

Chances are that Marri pulled the concept for release from DC and submitted it to World of Umbria, though, as she did also sprite for them.

World of Umbria is no longer running, though. Nobody has been able to contact the main admin, but debgirl was working on trying to get information on what was available if artists wanted to buy back rights to their art. (Putting this here in case some artists missed it in adoptables.)