Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Not cave related

Just suddenly today having an issue with saving in paint, Trying to take screenshot of some of my dragons, paste into paint, crop to size, but when i go to save it won't let me save to PC never had this issue before any ideas to what the problem maybe smile.gif

1 glitched CB alt Black, 2 raffled CB alt Blacks, 1 CB Soulpeace and 1 CB Hellhorse.

Wasn't there also one CB curled alt black hatchie that got frozen chosen as HM in the TDC? I seem to remember something like that (because, back then, we hadn't seen curled alts in years - literally.)

Wasn't there also one CB curled alt black hatchie that got frozen chosen as HM in the TDC? I seem to remember something like that (because, back then, we hadn't seen curled alts in years - literally.)

No idea - I only knew about those that were bred to other dragons and thus have offspring elsewhere than on their home scroll.

There is also a frozen CB Shimmer, as far as I know, but that one's at least in the wiki.

What's TDC?

@rrattts: You still have space on your disk where you're trying to save your image? Are you getting a message of some sort? Where exactly in the whole process does it stop working?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

@rrattts: You still have space on your disk where you're trying to save your image? Are you getting a message of some sort? Where exactly in the whole process does it stop working?

When i go to save get a message you can't save to this PC please choose another location unsure.gif i have over 90% of disk free which make it even more confusing

TDC = Tree Decorating Contest. That thing that awarded the first 30 prizes and a couple of HMs to the winners. (Winners by skill, not by sheer dumb luck.)

Edited by olympe

Just can't remember - are past halloween dragons breedable up to 7 days before halloween itself?

It's 6 days before Halloween + Halloween itself. Aka, they'll start being breedable on the 25th and stop after the 31st smile.gif

TDC = Tree Decorating Contest. That thing that awarded the first 30 prizes and a couple of HMs to the winners. (Winners by skill, not by sheer dumb luck.)

"Skill" was more a matter of opinion. I hope we NEVER have such a contest again. Not sour grapes - there were many trees way better than mine - but some of the winning ones were so VERY inferior to what many of us considered to be some of the very best...

ETA do Celestials mostly show up in the biomes at particular times of day ? There were loads the other evening when I was frantic for blue heralds - but today I can't see them....

Edited by fuzzbucket

When i go to save get a message you can't save to this PC please choose another location unsure.gif i have over 90% of disk free which make it even more confusing

Tried restarting your computer? It may have "forgotten" during the current session who it is.

Regarding "skill" I agree with Fuzz. I'm glad that for later years, you just had to participate and be active for raffle tickets.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

How does the message tracker work? I always wanted to see when my messages are actually open and read but I don't quite understand where/when and how to do so? unsure.gif

How does the message tracker work? I always wanted to see when my messages are actually open and read but I don't quite understand where/when and how to do so? unsure.gif

Start by tracking your messages.

At the bottom of the "Compose New Message" page ( https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=04 ), there is a checkbox to "Track this message" which you should check.

In the Board Settings ( https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=04 ), you can also enable tracking by default (this would keep the checkmark there for all messages you compose).

Then, when your message is sent, go to the Message Tracker ( https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=30 ). Top list contains the messages that have been opened, and when. At the bottom is the list of your unread messages. These you can delete before the recipient reads them.

Start by tracking your messages.

At the bottom of the "Compose New Message" page ( https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=04 ), there is a checkbox to "Track this message" which you should check.

In the Board Settings ( https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=04 ), you can also enable tracking by default (this would keep the checkmark there for all messages you compose).

Then, when your message is sent, go to the Message Tracker ( https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=30 ). Top list contains the messages that have been opened, and when. At the bottom is the list of your unread messages. These you can delete before the recipient reads them.

Just in addition if you used the Board Setting to the default option, that all your messages will be tracked -> whn your cookies are deleted you have to set "Track private messages by default?" again!

Just in addition if you used the Board Setting to the default option, that all your messages will be tracked -> whn your cookies are deleted you have to set "Track private messages by default?" again!

And ALSO this has to be done separately on every device you use (as I found to my cost once !)

Thank you so much all 3 of you! smile.gif Shall set default on my phone and computers and also check every time in case my cookies get cleared ☺

Did anybody else notice the breeding page (mate list) loading faster?

It used to take 17 - 20 seconds for me (down from 40 seconds a few months ago), and now it's only 10 seconds. smile.gif

(Did TJ apply some magic? Or was it the changing of the season...? I think it happened 1 - 2 weeks ago, but I'm not sure because I got used to doing something else while the page was loading.)

When is the best time to start making Zombie Fodder hatchlings you can hatch from AP at any time? Date please, it's my first year with zombie fodders unsure.gif

Grave stones stay 2 weeks on scrolls?

When is the best time to start making Zombie Fodder hatchlings you can hatch from AP at any time?  Date please, it's my first year with zombie fodders  unsure.gif 

Grave stones stay 2 weeks on scrolls?

Zombie advice: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=128136

Zombies can be created at anytime now, but TJ has confirmed the chances are highest on Halloween.

October 3rd - This is the first day you can grab new eggs and hatch them to fog them and let them die. You will need the egg to hatch on its last day of life.

October 7th - This is the first day you can grab new eggs and hatch them without the use of incubate to let them die.

October 8th - This is the first day you can grab new eggs and hatch them with the use of incubate to let them die.

October 10th - This is the first day you can grab new/hatch hatchlings to fog them and wait for them to die.

October 17th - This is two weeks before Halloween, so kill your first 5 dragon fodder now. If you do, then you can kill 5 more on Halloween for a total of 10 zombie adult attempts. Have extra fodder (at least double of what you want to attempt is a good guideline) because dragons that dodge your blade will continue to dodge for the rest of that day, so if a dragon dodges, you will need backups.

October 24th - Last day to grab new/hatch hatchlings to fog them and wait for them to die.

October 31st - Halloween. Attempt to revive all dead zombie fodder today. As soon as your kill slots come back, you can also kill your second round of adult zombie fodder. Good luck!

Anyone please feel free to check my dates.

Yes, gravestones stay for 2 weeks. Keep in mind that killed dragons (actively not passively, like running out of time) - adults and frozen hatchies? not sure about all hatchies - aren't deleted from the cave anymore, so if you have a name you really want for a zombie, be sure you use it as a placeholder on another dragon until you have a for sure zombie.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Zombie advice: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=128136

Zombies can be created at anytime now, but TJ has confirmed the chances are highest on Halloween.

Anyone please feel free to check my dates.

Yes, gravestones stay for 2 weeks. Keep in mind that killed dragons (actively not passively, like running out of time) - adults and frozen hatchies? not sure about all hatchies - aren't deleted from the cave anymore, so if you have a name you really want for a zombie, be sure you use it as a placeholder on another dragon until you have a for sure zombie.

Thank You

all looks good to me biggrin.gif

Another question i killed a dragon couple of days ago for Zombie attempt it revived, can it be killed again and revived or just a one off kill?

Thank You

all looks good to me biggrin.gif

Another question i killed a dragon couple of days ago for Zombie attempt it revived, can it be killed again and revived or just a one off kill?

You can kill twice, but revive only once - no matter what outcome.

So apparently I have an ultraviolet adult dragon on my scroll but I can't find it despite looking for it. If someone sees it on my scroll can they post the lineage link for it here? I need to know if it's a second gen and what gender

So apparently I have an ultraviolet adult dragon on my scroll but I can't find it despite looking for it. If someone sees it on my scroll can they post the lineage link for it here? I need to know if it's a second gen and what gender

http://dragcave.net/lineage/vt1p9

^^2G, male

Hmm.... so I just bred one of my male Spirit Wards with one of my female Shadow Walkers. I bred them together for the first time last year (during the Halloween event, to be specific) and they successfully produced 2 babies at the time. I haven't bred them since - today was the first time I attempted to breed them again, in preparation for this year's Halloween (as I want their offspring to be part of a checker lineage). But this time, they refused to even go near each other! blink.gif I wonder if this is some kind of glitch? If not, does this mean that I will only ever be able to breed them during the Halloween event (at which time they will produce Shadow Walkers), but never outside of the Halloween event (meaning they will *never* have Spirit Ward babies)? ohmy.gif I certainly hope not. sad.gif

What about Fertility - if I try to breed them next week with Fertility, could I somehow prevent this from happening again? I mean, since they have successfully bred before, perhaps the message I received this time was some sort of (temporary) "freak occurrence" and as such using Fertility might help reduce the chances of that happening again... in that Fertility helps the system to "remember" or "recognise" that they have successfully bred before in the past? huh.gif

I would much appreciate any input that you guys can offer for this case - thank you very much in advance! smile.gif

Hmm.... so I just bred one of my male Spirit Wards with one of my female Shadow Walkers. I bred them together for the first time last year (during the Halloween event, to be specific) and they successfully produced 2 babies at the time. I haven't bred them since - today was the first time I attempted to breed them again, in preparation for this year's Halloween (as I want their offspring to be part of a checker lineage). But this time, they refused to even go near each other! blink.gif I wonder if this is some kind of glitch? If not, does this mean that I will only ever be able to breed them during the Halloween event (at which time they will produce Shadow Walkers), but never outside of the Halloween event (meaning they will *never* have Spirit Ward babies)? ohmy.gif I certainly hope not. sad.gif

What about Fertility - if I try to breed them next week with Fertility, could I somehow prevent this from happening again? I mean, since they have successfully bred before, perhaps the message I received this time was some sort of (temporary) "freak occurrence" and as such using Fertility might help reduce the chances of that happening again... in that Fertility helps the system to "remember" or "recognise" that they have successfully bred before in the past? huh.gif

I would much appreciate any input that you guys can offer for this case - thank you very much in advance! smile.gif

Refusals are removed for holiday dragons during their holiday season, so, no, not a glitch, although, yes, it is frustrating. If you want a year round pair, you should check their compatibility before the holiday season. You can breed that pair again during Halloween (and if the refusal isn't reset, let TJ09 know), but yeah, you will never have spirit ward babies from that pair. Sorry. =(

Fertility increases the chances of getting an egg. It also decreases the chances of a refusal. However, once a pair has refused, you can never breed them again (holidays being the exception). So using fertility to try and avoid refusals is a good idea, but you need to use fertility the first time you breed a pair (or the first time out of the holiday season).

Sorry. Not much you can do but switch mates. D|