Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

When at the latest should I add a prize (egg & hatchie) to hatchery sites (as much as possible & ER) if I want to keep it as long as possible for trading?

When at the latest should I add a prize (egg & hatchie) to hatchery sites (as much as possible & ER) if I want to keep it as long as possible for trading?

For the egg, I'd recommend putting it in hatcheries until it gets one crack in the egg, then get it off hatcheries. Then, put it back in ERs about 20(30 if you want to be safe, 15 could work but it's quite risky) minutes before it dies. One or two cracks won't make the egg hatch, it prevents the egg from accidently turning into a ND(very rare but still, best be safe xd.png), and it lowers the chance of the egg dying from too little views. (:

(Please note that this comes from my previous experience from getting about 1500 views in 7 minutes for a ND experiment and not from actually doing this to a Prize egg.)

I was looking at my Actions area on my scroll just now and saw that there were several eggs that had been picked up and then released back to the AP late night before last. This is alarming, because the eggs were all of one breed that I no longer collect. I hope that is a coding error on the part of the Cave. I hate to think that someone got my password and is messing w/ my scroll! I've changed my pwd of course. What is going on!?

How do lineaged zombies appear in lineages? Do they act like dead dragons, or do you actually see their lineage in their children's lineage pages? I feel like I've seen one before, but I can't remember.

How do lineaged zombies appear in lineages? Do they act like dead dragons, or do you actually see their lineage in their children's lineage pages? I feel like I've seen one before, but I can't remember.

I found an example (screenshot), they seem to act like living dragons.

I was looking at my Actions area on my scroll just now and saw that there were several eggs that had been picked up and then released back to the AP late night before last. This is alarming, because the eggs were all of one breed that I no longer collect. I hope that is a coding error on the part of the Cave. I hate to think that someone got my password and is messing w/ my scroll! I've changed my pwd of course. What is going on!?

Does anybody else in your house play? Do you stay logged in? This sounds more like you didn't log out of a computer that family members/roommates all use, and they just didn't realize the cave was logged into your account and not theirs.

My action log is fine and this doesn't sound like an easy glitch to manage. And if someone had your password and wanted to mess with you, it seems odd that they'd just... pick up and abandon AP eggs.

I just had a look at my female Graves, and for the first time, I realized that the black shading on their wings actually looks like grinning black ghosts. blink.gif Has it been updated (a shade lighter, maybe?), or is it just me noticing for the first time (which would be perfectly possible, admittedly xd.png )?

Does anybody else in your house play? Do you stay logged in? This sounds more like you didn't log out of a computer that family members/roommates all use, and they just didn't realize the cave was logged into your account and not theirs.

My action log is fine and this doesn't sound like an easy glitch to manage. And if someone had your password and wanted to mess with you, it seems odd that they'd just... pick up and abandon AP eggs.

The bf and I share a computer, but use different browsers. He rarely looks at his scroll. I always try to log out when I think abt it when I'm not on-line. It's just weird. The bf wouldn't mess w/ my scroll, as he's just not that interested in pixel pets, esp. after the Unicreatures debacle.

I just had a look at my female Graves, and for the first time, I realized that the black shading on their wings actually looks like grinning black ghosts. blink.gif Has it been updated (a shade lighter, maybe?), or is it just me noticing for the first time (which would be perfectly possible, admittedly xd.png )?

Both genders have always had patterns of black grinning ghosts and orange frightened ghosts. I think it's just you just now noticing. xP

The bf and I share a computer, but use different browsers. He rarely looks at his scroll. I always try to log out when I think abt it when I'm not on-line. It's just weird. The bf wouldn't mess w/ my scroll, as he's just not that interested in pixel pets, esp. after the Unicreatures debacle.

Might not be a bad time to run a malware scan on your computer.

Alternately, are you sure you didn't log in on your phone and leave that somewhere?

Both genders have always had patterns of black grinning ghosts and orange frightened ghosts. I think it's just you just now noticing. xP

I noticed the orange ghosts right away, but I never realized the black markings were also ghosts! I just thought those were flame markings depicting that the orange ghosts died by being burned alive. This realization only makes me love them more. wub.gif

Is there somewhere to look at the artwork just as artwork? What I can see is awfully pretty, and I'd like to be able to see it without, say, biome information in the middle.

Thanks!

I noticed the orange ghosts right away, but I never realized the black markings were also ghosts! I just thought those were flame markings depicting that the orange ghosts died by being burned alive.

Haha, so I'm not the only one. biggrin.gif

@ JudithC: I also asked that a while ago. Hope it's OK to quote the answer I got. Remember to get rid of that extra spacing!

QUOTE (AGYK @ May 21 2016, 12:48 AM)

CODE

Alpine: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/5.jpg

CODE

Coast: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/1.jpg

CODE

Desert: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/2.jpg

CODE

Forest: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/3.jpg

CODE

Jungle: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/4.jpg

CODE

Volcano: http://static.dragcave.net /images/bg/6.jpg

Sorry, had to break the links in one place apiece or the forum parser would break them entirely.

Thanks! Seeing the May date on the original reply makes me feel better about asking again. I do try not to be redundant. tongue.gif

Not quite sure where this kind of bug report goes (since it's not the cave or forum), but when I try to check my scroll on http://dcrecords.tj09.net/check, I keep getting "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /home/tj09/domains/dcrecords.tj09.net/public_html/_/modules/check.php on line 7".

Not quite sure where this kind of bug report goes (since it's not the cave or forum), but when I try to check my scroll on http://dcrecords.tj09.net/check, I keep getting "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /home/tj09/domains/dcrecords.tj09.net/public_html/_/modules/check.php on line 7".

Not doing it my scroll, but I remember someone mentioning dcrecords did this with larger scrolls. Of course, mine isn't even Gold trophy yet.

Just tried it - and sure enough - fatal error. (I'm over 5k....)

Can one get cb alt vines and/or blacks, or are they bred only?

Bred only. There are a very few special exceptions: TJ has one of everything, and a few people picked CB alts as raffle prizes a few years ago. I think there are one or two player-owned CB alt blacks and one CB soulpeace?

1 glitched CB alt Black, 2 raffled CB alt Blacks, 1 CB Soulpeace and 1 CB Hellhorse.

My apologies if this has been asked and answered before - Search isn't so helpful on ~300 pg threads.

It looks like Teimarrs are the only breed that still sorts under something other than their official encyclopedia name (Black Capped Teimarr). Do we know if there's a reason for that, or if they just hid out on re-sorting day?

My apologies if this has been asked and answered before - Search isn't so helpful on ~300 pg threads.

It looks like Teimarrs are the only breed that still sorts under something other than their official encyclopedia name (Black Capped Teimarr). Do we know if there's a reason for that, or if they just hid out on re-sorting day?

What do you mean? It sorts fine for me.

Sure - just have it display results as posts, not threads wink.gif But I don't think this has actually been asked yet.

Where exactly do you expect Black Capped Teimarrs to sort? In temp sort, they're before Black Dragons, since C comes before D.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Sure - just have it display results as posts, not threads wink.gif But I don't think this has actually been asked yet.

Where exactly do you expect Black Capped Teimarrs to sort? In temp sort, they're before Black Dragons, since C comes before D.

AHA! Also, D'OH, they've been fixed then. (That'll teach me to do a hard refresh before asking...)

Thanks on both counts! biggrin.gif

Just can't remember - are past halloween dragons breedable up to 7 days before halloween itself?