Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Does halloween drop for catching new CBs of the year last long enough to get a second fill after incubating the first catches?

Does halloween drop for catching new CBs of the year last long enough to get a second fill after incubating the first catches?

No, they only drop for one day.

Thank you! I was wondering because a lot of trades seem to be asking for cb Halloween hatchies which made me confused since the max a person can (legit) give if they didn't keep any for themselves is 7 and I doubt any player exists who wouldn't keep at least a breeding pair to themselves.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Trades which ask for >future< eggs or hatchies are technically illegal as those could be considered IOU situations. Please consider this when you want something that doesn't exist yet in trade for your present egg or hatchling.

Trades which ask for >future< eggs or hatchies are technically illegal as those could be considered IOU situations. Please consider this when you want something that doesn't exist yet in trade for your present egg or hatchling.

They're not illegal, you just have to mention that you take IOUs in your sig.

Thank you! I was wondering because a lot of trades seem to be asking for cb Halloween hatchies which made me confused since the max a person can (legit) give if they didn't keep any for themselves is 7 and I doubt any player exists who wouldn't keep at least a breeding pair to themselves.

Technically, you can give as many eggs as you can catch after each 5 hour cooldown and even more hatchies (a gold trophy user can have 21 growing things). Many people give away their first batches of eggs (from the wee early AM) to less fortunate players or use them for trade fodder. I've seen players with hundreds of new CB holidays for a given year. It comes down to planning.

They're not illegal, you just have to mention that you take IOUs in your sig.

As it's not Halloween, any post currently asking for Halloweens is an IOU, which are not allowed to be posted in trading threads. IOUs need to be conducted in private. Yes, you can say you take IOUs in your sig, but if people are looking to arrange Halloween trades already, that cannot be done in trading threads.

_Jazeki- Yes but my question boils down to hatchies not eggs. It is entirely possible for someone to end up with hundreds of cb Halloweens because they can just trade with as many people. Many users have a policy of collecting only 1 type of each cb male and female so they would have 5 spare. Or those who want to keep even numbers and have gold trophy can spare 1. Even if someone traded 1 hatchie each from 20 players they will easily have 20.

My question is how is it legitimately possible for anyone to offer more than 7 hatchling of cb Halloween?

The one time I did trade mine I got a ND for 2 hatchies (which seems fair to me because I was giving up my chance forever to have an extra cb breeding pair of that Halloween whereas ND though difficult is all year round available)

But this time I was seeing people asking for cb Halloween hatchies in exchange for cb uncommons and rares which made me wonder perhaps they drop for longer and there is a chance to grab second lot, which reduced the prices.

Anyway thank you for this clarification, it will certainly help in not getting into any unrealistic trades. biggrin.gif

_Jazeki- Yes but my question boils down to hatchies not eggs. It is entirely possible for someone to end up with hundreds of cb Halloweens because they can just trade with as many people. Many users have a policy of collecting only 1 type of each cb male and female so they would have 5 spare. Or those who want to keep even numbers and have gold trophy can spare 1. Even if someone traded 1 hatchie each from 20 players they will easily have 20.

My question is how is it legitimately possible for anyone to offer more than 7 hatchling of cb Halloween?

The one time I did trade mine I got a ND for 2 hatchies (which seems fair to me because I was giving up my chance forever to have an extra cb breeding pair of that Halloween whereas ND though difficult is all year round available)

But this time I was seeing people asking for cb Halloween hatchies in exchange for cb uncommons and rares which made me wonder perhaps they drop for longer and there is a chance to grab second lot, which reduced the prices.

Anyway thank you for this clarification, it will certainly help in not getting into any unrealistic trades. biggrin.gif

I was gifted several CB lurkers after they'd hatched by someone who wasn't fond of the final sprite. I, therefore, have more than 7 CB lurkers on my scroll. That kind of generosity would make it possible for someone to have more than 7 to offer! biggrin.gif

@halloween trading

So we can get in trouble if we post 'wanted- cb hatchies, 3gprizefails, or halloween hatchies (read sig)' for example, until the moment they can be bred?

Also, I was wondering if on Halloween, are zombies still easier to obtain than any other day/time?

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

yeah on halloween you have a higher chance than normal to get a zombie but with all these new zombie updates we dont know if tj also upped the chances on halloween some more

to make it more clear

before updates there was already a higher chance to get zombies on halloween like lets say 15% out of a 100

after updates theres a very slim chance to get a zombie year round like lets say 2% out of a 100

we dont know if on halloween the chances are still the same 15% as before the updates or if tj raised it to something like 20% or even lowered it

Edited by CellyBean

@halloween trading

So we can get in trouble if we post 'wanted- cb hatchies, 3gprizefails, or halloween hatchies (read sig)' for example, until the moment they can be bred?

For safety's sake, I would just post something like

Want:

CB hatchies

3g prizefails

Offers (see sig)

and put "looking for Halloween CB IOU trades" or some variant in your sig.

I was gifted several CB lurkers after they'd hatched by someone who wasn't fond of the final sprite. I, therefore, have more than 7 CB lurkers on my scroll. That kind of generosity would make it possible for someone to have more than 7 to offer! biggrin.gif

This is a good example. Many people also start giving away lots of hatchies in the departure thread as well, so it's possible to gather up hatchies to trade. I have ten desipis dragons. I caught seven myself and the rest were picked up/gotten in trade.

Are part of the dragcave irc servers down for anyone else? I can only connect via two specific servers: galio (galio.irc.technoized.com) and mustang (mustang.irc.technoized.com)

. I use Nettalk. Connecting via http://irc.technoized.com/ doens't work for me at all today. Tried out sentry, proton and hawkeye as specific servers but couldn't conect via them. Forgot what the rest of the servers were called, I believ there should be one more?

This is a good example. Many people also start giving away lots of hatchies in the departure thread as well, so it's possible to gather up hatchies to trade. I have ten desipis dragons. I caught seven myself and the rest were picked up/gotten in trade.

I was also able to grab some CB Desipis eggs from the AP days after their release, just because there were that many eggs there.

Yes all those are good examples! smile.gif But I don't think it will be safe for anyone to commit a future trade based on that since they are purely coincidental?

Are part of the dragcave irc servers down for anyone else? I can only connect via two specific servers: galio (galio.irc.technoized.com) and mustang (mustang.irc.technoized.com)

. I use Nettalk. Connecting via http://irc.technoized.com/ doens't work for me at all today. Tried out sentry, proton and hawkeye as specific servers but couldn't conect via them. Forgot what the rest of the servers were called, I believ there should be one more?

I can't get to irc via trillian either. mad.gif

Yes all those are good examples! smile.gif But I don't think it will be safe for anyone to commit a future trade based on that since they are purely coincidental?

I personally never would since Halloweens are a limited release, but if people are confident in their catching skills, then more power to them. laugh.gif I've only ever asked for two Halloweens in exchange for a rare, but that's me.

Sooooo......I just saw this in a hatchery I use, but I couldn't find any information on this egg or in the biomes?

EDIT: I know what it is now. I'm glad to have seen one for the first time.

user posted image

Edited by gigglymonkey12

Sooooo......I just saw this in a hatchery I use, but I couldn't find any information on this egg or in the biomes?

user posted image

It is one of the "joke" eggs created by TJ. There might be more info on wiki about which ones exist. It is not a real egg and there is no dragon sprite for it. It is just a prank. smile.gif

@Amaterasu-sama Thank you. I was searching through dragcave wikia when I saw your post.

I never knew this egg existed and I was so excited because I finally got my Internet fixed again and I thought there was a new release.

Edited by gigglymonkey12

@Amaterasu-sama Thank you. I was searching through dragcave wikia when I saw your post.

I never knew this egg existed and I was so excited because I finally got my Internet fixed again and I thought there was a new release.

Check out the <3 egg as well. I believe it's the only other joke egg.

Check out the <3 egg as well. I believe it's the only other joke egg.

Oh! I just did.

It's cute. I do wish that it was real.

Is there not that many people that looks at those eggs? the view and click count is low...or is it just a set number?

Edited by gigglymonkey12

Oh! I just did.

It's cute. I do wish that it was real.

Is there not that many people that looks at those eggs? the view and click count is low...or is it just a set number?

Not many people look at any given time. The eggs can't be ER'd easily (TJ's scroll is hidden), so they usually die. Then they respawn into themselves with 0/0/0 stats. So you're looking at the number of people who have manually viewed the egg over just the past few days. Naturally, the number's pretty low.