Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Has anyone actually gotten a Zombie dragon since the update? I've used all five kill slots and revived them all after midnight DC time and got nothing. I'd like to know if the chances are actually worth it for making Zombies on days that aren't Halloween.

If you check out the Zombie Success stories thread you will see that there have been some -- more fails, but a few successes.

Edited by purplehaze

Has anyone actually gotten a Zombie dragon since the update? I've used all five kill slots and revived them all after midnight DC time and got nothing. I'd like to know if the chances are actually worth it for making Zombies on days that aren't Halloween.

Yes, a few people have. You can get some idea of stats by looking at Zombie Success Stories: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=101138

One example of a success: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9297006 but there are a few others.

It does appear as if stats are lower than they are/were for Halloween, although I have had some stinkin' failures on Halloween, so I think the chance to get to try yearound is worth it. xP

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Sunrise and sunsets- What determines when they hatch? I thought when they hatch is what they are, not when they were bred?

I ask because this hasn't hatched and is now sick- http://dragcave.net/lineage/gqVsB

It is by when they hatch, but remember, they can only hatch within certain hours. When you're outside those hours, like right now, they can't hatch. Fansites don't have a way to differentiate that and keep them out of ERs to avoid sickness, though. I suggest fogging it until it's 6pm if you want a sunset to protect it from dying before it can hatch.

From the FAQ:

Q: How do I make sure my sunrise/sunset dragon is either a sunrise or sunset?

A: The type of sun dragon depends on when it is hatched. Sunrise dragons must hatch between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. ET. Sunset dragons must hatch between the hours of 6:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. ET. In the hours between, sun dragons can't hatch at all and even if they are low enough on time, they will not hatch until they are able. Sunsets and sunrises come from the same egg.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

It is by when they hatch, but remember, they can only hatch within certain hours. When you're outside those hours, like right now, they can't hatch. Fansites don't have a way to differentiate that and keep them out of ERs to avoid sickness, though. I suggest fogging it until it's 6pm if you want a sunset to protect it from dying before it can hatch.

From the FAQ:

Oh wow what a newbie question of me x)

I had thought there was no 'in between' time, and after 12pm it was sunset, 12am sunrise. Thank you~

Hi! If a hatchling dies due to running out of time and is then revived as a zombie, does that contribute in any way to kill slots? In other words, can I use this method to try and get zombie hatchies while I'm out of kills for the next few weeks (assuming this is allowed)? Or will it extend the wait time for kill slots or anything like that? Sorry if this is a silly/obvious question!

Hi! If a hatchling dies due to running out of time and is then revived as a zombie, does that contribute in any way to kill slots? In other words, can I use this method to try and get zombie hatchies while I'm out of kills for the next few weeks (assuming this is allowed)? Or will it extend the wait time for kill slots or anything like that? Sorry if this is a silly/obvious question!

Hatchies that die from running out of time do not affect your kill slots. Failed attempts to revive them into zombies don't change that.

Hatchies that die from running out of time do not affect your kill slots. Failed attempts to revive them into zombies don't change that.

Thank you very much!

Do hidden eggs/hatchies links go to the "Page Not Found" page instead of the "You can't seem to find the dragon you're looking for..." page now? I've noticed this for a couple months now. I haven't seen the latter message in a long, long time.

If I have a sprite I need someone else to go over because my brain just isn't working at pixel art right now, what are my options? I can't post it publicly, otherwise I would have done so.

If I have a sprite I need someone else to go over because my brain just isn't working at pixel art right now, what are my options? I can't post it publicly, otherwise I would have done so.

PM a spriter whose opinion you trust

Not so much asking for help as totally baffled.

I have been in the trade threads a lot recently and people KEEP asking for "2 gen spriter's alt". It isn't possible to GET one. Do they mean FROM spriter's alt - and if so, might it not be smart to say so ? and if they don't - how can one get it across globally that it just isn't going to happen ?

I don't think people actually literally mean they want an actual alt I think they're just asking for regular offspring from the alt. English isn't the first language for some of the players here so it can be easy for a couple words to be lost in translation especially if they're using google translate.

Not so much asking for help as totally baffled.

I have been in the trade threads a lot recently and people KEEP asking for "2 gen spriter's alt". It isn't possible to GET one. Do they mean FROM spriter's alt - and if so, might it not be smart to say so ? and if they don't - how can one get it across globally that it just isn't going to happen ?

It is because it is understandable for most of the regulars (who are likely to be in possession of the 2g from spriter alt or have ability to breed one) that it is ALWAYS referring to 2g offspring of a spriter alt since 1) you can't get a spriter alt sprite on your scroll and 2) you can't get holiday during non holiday times; both of which are common knowledge for anyone who has played even a little bit. It is just a matter of people using lesser words because they are in hurry or whatever else but I don't think it's a cause of concern.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

In Custom sorting, why is it that the #1 dragon (on my scroll is an adult neglected, then comes growing things...) never moves when new items are added (bred a new egg, for example), but the second and on (2nd is actually a neglected hatchie, just to show them off ha) move?

I ask because if there's some way to 'lock in' positions, I'd like to lock in my 2nd also.

On mine - I use alt custom sort) everything stays locked - though I have to say I like growing things on top of everything - everything stays locked in place. But I do always have to go back in after a new sort and tick the "growing things on top" box every time.

In Custom sorting, why is it that the #1 dragon (on my scroll is an adult neglected, then comes growing things...) never moves when new items are added (bred a new egg, for example), but the second and on (2nd is actually a neglected hatchie, just to show them off ha) move?

I ask because if there's some way to 'lock in' positions, I'd like to lock in my 2nd also.

In Legacy Custom Sort, is the first one at position 0 (zero)? Everything that's new gets added at that position number as well, and everything that's at the same numerical position (e.g. everything at position 0) is getting sorted by age/creation date. So whatever your first dragon is, it's obviously the oldest, and new eggs follow after.

If you want to keep certain things always at the top, you can use negative numbers.

Is there a certain time when trying to turn a dead dragon into a zombie is more successful?

Is there a certain time when trying to turn a dead dragon into a zombie is more successful?

Supposedly, when Zombies are visible and not hiding behind their tombstone.

Supposedly, when Zombies are visible and not hiding behind their tombstone.

Ah, that's explains why my latest attempts have failed. Thanks. ^^

Excepting Halloween, Zombie attempts are more successful if you use revive when Zombie Dragons are visible. (12:00 am ~ 6:00 am EST.) (:

edit: ninja.gif

Edited by SkyWolf25

Ah, that's explains why my latest attempts have failed. Thanks. ^^

Actually failure rates are quite high even at the "right" time.