Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

She grew up biggrin.gif

I clicked on her and she had 4,298 views.

I have no idea why she didn't get any views before, though. :0

Thank you! That was so weird.

I mentioned that I click the blue code in the screenshot and it normally takes me to the trade, but sometimes it flat out cancels it. Like this could be possible, but I'm very careful with my trades.

I only have adblocker as an addon. But, I didn't know that eggs hatching cancels the trade, though. That's probably what happened since the Aeon is a hatchling. Thanks for the information, but the fact that it cancels the trade without warning is a little upsetting. Because like I said, there's way of finding the trades again. Like, I understand why if they grow up, but otherwise, I don't get it.

Are the ones being canceled trades YOU started.... or trades you OFFERED on?

I ask, because sometimes with trades when the other person cancels / egg hatches / hatchie grows, the teleport doesn't cancel properly... until you click on the link.

Also, did the critter you were trying to trade grow / hatch? So the tele should cancel but didn't?

Cheers!

C4.

Are aero wyverns rare? There are one of the few dragons I need CBs of.

Do you mean Aeon Wyvern? They aren't rare but they do get taken quickly. Camping out in the alpine usually works for me. After a few 5 minute drops I'm able to find one.

Are aero wyverns rare? There are one of the few dragons I need CBs of.

I've seen three today while hunting for a few hours, so I would say not. I missed all of them, but I usually don't even see true rares, or even the most uncommon of the uncommons.

Hey, I'm hoping someone might be able to answer this for me. I originally joined DC in 2009, played on and off until November of 2012, and just got back in a couple of months ago. I've been clicking around other's scrolls to see what I might have missed, and there are things like the paper dragons and the hen that I remember having, but that are no longer present in my scroll.

I know that names go bye-bye after a long period of inactivity; did something happen in the time between 2012 and now where dragons vanished? Thanks for any info anyone can give, it's got me a little puzzled. huh.gif

Hey, I'm hoping someone might be able to answer this for me. I originally joined DC in 2009, played on and off until November of 2012, and just got back in a couple of months ago. I've been clicking around other's scrolls to see what I might have missed, and there are things like the paper dragons and the hen that I remember having, but that are no longer present in my scroll.

I know that names go bye-bye after a long period of inactivity; did something happen in the time between 2012 and now where dragons vanished? Thanks for any info anyone can give, it's got me a little puzzled. huh.gif

The only incident I know of where dragons vanished from the site was in 2009 when there was a massive loss of data (often referred to as the attack of the Datamonster) and many dragons disappeared. TJ was able to recover most of them, but some with codes starting with certain letters were lost forever. That seems to have been while you were still playing, though, and I don't know of any other such occurrence.

user posted image

No matter how many times I visit the Encyclopedia lineage thread, the star remains bold -- even when I go to the bottom of the forum page and click mark this forum as read. Is this a glitch? I wondered if it might have something to do with the poll, since this is the only thread that I am having that problem with. There are no new votes in the poll and the poll indicator isn't bold, but the star just stays bold all the time whether there are new posts or not.

Sock, you have posted in that thread and I believe you are using the new format. Does it show as bold for you when it shouldn't?

I have a (mostly fleshed out) concept for a holiday dragon, how do I go about finding a spriter for it? Basically I'm looking for someone who will just turn into art what I envision because I have zero drawing and spriting skills. Is the only way to PM possible spriters I know of? Or is there a place to request help? I would need someone who is able to create an in cave level sprite without much reliance on crits of anatomy etc. (basically they need to know what they're doing art wise)

Thanks!

Yes, PM'ing is the only way. Just keep in mind that many artists already have their own ideas/concepts to work with and many won't have the time/energy/motivation to bring to life a concept that is a. not theirs and/or b. in addition to their own.

Also, all work is better when it can get crit, so I would suggest not restricting them to only letting you and TJ see the work. Most artists on here are likely in contact with people who can give concrit to art. Just because a concept needs to be private doesn't mean it can't be shared with a few people to critique it.

Thanks Sock - What I meant was assuming if there was a place to ask for help from those who can sprite for others (which there isn't) and someone is not an in cave artist, I would want someone who have basic idea of good anatomy etc. since I can't help with that. Critique is obviously necessary and I'm not ruling that out, just in case of a (new/debuting) artist, it shouldn't be something that challenges their ability to produce the sprite.

E.g.

1. I can draw dogs but I don't know what kind of dog you're looking for so when you give me details (is it big/small, what color, what habitat, spotted/patterned etc. etc.) I create the kind of dog you want and make corrections along the way based on crits/feedback etc.

2. I can draw but I do not have much or any experience with drawing a dog in particular so say.. I'm drawing them in way which is factually incorrect anatomy wise, probably enough that I need to redraw most of it or do it over.

So in this case, I'm looking for first type of person. Hope that makes more sense.

Yeah, polls seem to not be behaving properly with post notifications for me as well.

The stars on the poll look fine today. How about for you, purplehaze?

The stars on the poll look fine today. How about for you, purplehaze?

It looks okay for me, too, but no one has posted today in the thread I was watching, either. That was the only thread with a poll that I had posted in.

Edit: Okay. There have been other posts in the thread and it does appear to be behaving as it should, now. smile.gif

Edited by purplehaze

Quick question, so recently, I noticed some of my dragons being put in hatcheries that I never put in there when I was going to. Should I start hiding my scroll from people trying to view bomb my eggs/hatchlings? I know it says I like to receive help from others, but a notification would be lovely cause it happened to my tinsel, brute dragon, and shimmer-scale

Quick question, so recently, I noticed some of my dragons being put in hatcheries that I never put in there when I was going to. Should I start hiding my scroll from people trying to view bomb my eggs/hatchlings? I know it says I like to receive help from others, but a notification would be lovely cause it happened to my tinsel, brute dragon, and shimmer-scale

there is no place where it says that a notification is necessary. if you have the "accepting help' in place, people are free to "help"

I would change that , although ,if someone is going to view bomb that won't stop them

all three of those dragons usually require extra , so it may not have been evil intentions, just help

For how long does a dragon get sick before it dies? It's been around 12 hours since my dragon hatched & became sick (I fogged it 6-7 hours ago) & I'm a bit worried.

Edited by vi_obsession

For how long does a dragon get sick before it dies? It's been around 12 hours since my dragon hatched & became sick (I fogged it 6-7 hours ago) & I'm a bit worried.

Now that it's fogged I'd leave it that way for at least 24 hours. Even if it feels better before then. Sometimes I leave them fogged for AGES, till it is almost growing up time.

Is it by any chance a prize dragon ? they do get sick a lot - but it hasn't THAT many views; it should be OK, I'd think.

Now that it's fogged I'd leave it that way for at least 24 hours. Even if it feels better before then. Sometimes I leave them fogged for AGES, till it is almost growing up time.

Is it by any chance a prize dragon ? they do get sick a lot - but it hasn't THAT many views; it should be OK, I'd think.

Thank you, indeed it was an incubated prize that was fine as an egg and hatched sick. I'll leave it fogged for at least 24 hours as recommended.

So yesterday I freezed one of my hatchies with ...I don't know, I think with 12 or 13 freeze actions left. (I hardly freeze hatchies, so I always have an almost full counter).

I was checking my scroll a few minutes ago and wanted to freeze another one and now it says "You can use this action 2 more times before you must wait for a few weeks". Whut? What's up with that? I never freezed over 10 dragons within a day. o.O

So yesterday I freezed one of my hatchies with ...I don't know, I think with 12 or 13 freeze actions left. (I hardly freeze hatchies, so I always have an almost full counter).

I was checking my scroll a few minutes ago and wanted to freeze another one and now it says "You can use this action 2 more times before you must wait for a few weeks". Whut? What's up with that? I never freezed over 10 dragons within a day. o.O

For awhile now, Freeze has carried an unofficial cooldown of 1 week. It was very recently changed back to its official cooldown of 2 weeks, as noted here. This means your 12-13 available freezes were counting off a 1-week cooldown and your 2 available freezes are counting off the 2-week cooldown. Assuming you're a gold trophy player, check your action log and you should see 14 freezes within the past 2 weeks. If not, you have a new glitch on your hands.

There's a thread requesting a lower cooldown or higher freeze count here if you're interested.

It depends on what breed it is and how long they were allowed views while being sick. I have even had sickness heal in half hour because I noticed the Dragon as soon as it got sick and immediately fogged it. A usually accepted safe window is 24hrs though, if your Dragon gets sick simply fog it for 24hrs. If you unfog it too soon and it gains views it might get sick again.

Incubate can often make some breeds sick, because incubate only allowed you to hatch egg faster, the egg is still young "age wise".

Prize dragon, specifically tinsel, are notorious for falling sick when hatching. Tinsel also need relatively high amount of views to hatch which makes them prone to sickness. If a prize Dragon is incubated they will almost always get sick on hatching. Most people let them hatch even as they are sick and then immediately fog them on hatching. If you're particularly concerned an egg is sick for a while and shows no sign of hatching you can fog it for few hours and then attempt to hatch it again.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Has anyone actually gotten a Zombie dragon since the update? I've used all five kill slots and revived them all after midnight DC time and got nothing. I'd like to know if the chances are actually worth it for making Zombies on days that aren't Halloween.