Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Oooh I see, thank you boss.

I wasn't sure how official the wiki's rarity ranking was. Is there an official-er list anywhere?

Ah, I figured it would be more like a spectrum.

There is no list because the market fluctuates rapidly. For eg. no list would be able to tell one xeno or trio is rarer over the other "price, demand and difficulty" wise, since theoretically they are all supposed to be at same tier. The best thing to do is to keep tab on trade threads for informational purpose since that is the number one source for this information, and you can also make use of "question about a trade" thread in site discussion. The wiki is good for giving some ball park ideas, like obviously gold is rarer than trios and mint are commons, but as far as spectrum goes you won't find much in wiki or anywhere else except the trading forum. Even in the trading forum, it's best to look for the general trend because a few trades will always be way above/below the established range of prices.

As for breeding rarity, it mostly depends on ratios. There is no simple way to say which breed you'll get more or less of, although newer breeds tend to push themselves harder. As a rule of thumb, anything that's not listed in the rare trading thread as a bred rare (except 2-3g prize and 2g metals which are not listed there due to thread restrictions but are rare), would possibly not be rare trading wise.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

okay so i have one more question.

so what if this year you pick up some more of the desipis. if you ask tj to alt them would he? so like you would have more alts? and thank you i didnt know that abut snow angels didnt see it mentioned on the wikia

No-one gets spriters alts except the spriters. You will never have one on your scroll, no matter what you ask for, except in a lineage.

Eggs from spriters' alts would turn normal on any other scroll. That's certainly what happens with alt Sweetlings, which were another issue entirely.

Edited by fuzzbucket

No-one gets spriters alts except the spriters. You will never have one on your scroll, no matter what you ask for, except in a lineage.

Eggs from spriters' alts would turn normal on any other scroll. That's certainly what happens with alt Sweetlings, which were another issue entirely.

Actually, I think CellyBean was asking whether TJ would change bred holiday eggs into alts on the spriters' scrolls, not theirs. AFAIK, TJ has to manually code/change regular sprites into alts and I believe it's a one-shot thing (other than with the SAs, apparently - I didn't know they did that!).

Actually, I think CellyBean was asking whether TJ would change bred holiday eggs into alts on the spriters' scrolls, not theirs. AFAIK, TJ has to manually code/change regular sprites into alts and I believe it's a one-shot thing (other than with the SAs, apparently - I didn't know they did that!).

Yes that's what I was asking thank you. Okay so it's just a one time thing

Considering that the type of Snow Angel sprite you get is coded into your scroll, it's no surprise that the spriters have only alts on their scrolls.

Considering that the type of Snow Angel sprite you get is coded into your scroll, it's no surprise that the spriters have only alts on their scrolls.

But for the others they don't. I was just looking at a few spriters' scrolls, and had to edit my post accordingly. The ones I looked, at only their CBs are alts, except for Marri's punkins.

But for the others they don't. I was just looking at a few spriters' scrolls, and had to edit my post accordingly. The ones I looked, at only their CBs are alts, except for Marri's punkins.

Do we know any spriters who asked for breds to be alted? Other than those whos alting was delayed?

Also minor nit on an earlier statement, sprite conceptors of Holidays get alts too. Both me and Walker are the conceptors of Mutamores and Shadow Walkers, and we both have alts.

Cheers!

C4.

Where would I go to post a typo in an official species description?

The description in question has an incorrect use of 'there', and should be 'their', or 'they're'.

Do we know any spriters who asked for breds to be alted? Other than those whos alting was delayed?

Also minor nit on an earlier statement, sprite conceptors of Holidays get alts too. Both me and Walker are the conceptors of Mutamores and Shadow Walkers, and we both have alts.

Cheers!

C4.

No - I have no idea, but I had posted that spriters' alts breed alts on the spriter's scroll - and I was wrong, at least in general - so I edited.

And yes, conceptors in many cases too.

Cheers!

C4.

Oh I didn't know conceptors get alts too! That's really cool biggrin.gif

Can someone explain the magi hatchling to me.

user posted image

I seriously don't understand it, it's been bothering me for years now.

Can someone explain the magi hatchling to me.

user posted image

I seriously don't understand it, it's been bothering me for years now.

It has its head raised, no, it's not sitting on its tail, it has its paw testing on the tail, the ??? is one of its paws

Even making the image huge, I could not tell what was going on... xd.png

user posted image

Enlightenment is very much needed from someone else. tongue.gif

I already explained what it's doing

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

user posted image

Perhaps?? The adults have withstood the test of time much better than the hatchies, haha.

Now if only we could figure out what's up with its eyes! tongue.gif

What the- that IS a leg? It's standing on one paw? Maybe sitting...uh. Thanks for the sketch though angelicdragonpuppy that helps me make slightly more sense of it.

What the- that IS a leg? It's standing on one paw? Maybe sitting...uh. Thanks for the sketch though angelicdragonpuppy that helps me make slightly more sense of it.

I think it's kind of a top down perspective of it curled up and lying down? I don't know. It's a mystery to all of us and my interpretation could be totally wrong X'DD

I think it's kind of a top down perspective of it curled up and lying down? I don't know.

Yes! I'm pretty sure that's it! Now that you've pointed out that it could be top down everything makes sense. It's lying on the ground which, to us, is the background of the image. Its paws aren't lifted up, they're laying flat on the ground. Thank you! I understand it now!

I think it's kind of a top down perspective of it curled up and lying down? I don't know. It's a mystery to all of us and my interpretation could be totally wrong X'DD

I like to think of it as a cat if I'm honest

More of a lore question: Can a dragon breed's blood be infused with mana?

I think TJ could answer that if you asked it in his DC Lore AMA thread. c:

My question is about the Aeons. What does it mean when the blue scales glow? I have three males and two of them are glowing while one isn't. I thought it meant that the BSA was ready, but when I looked it's still greyed out. (I've been making good use of it ^^; ) I adore these new dragons, but their mysteries have me confused.

More of a lore question: Can a dragon breed's blood be infused with mana?

I would guess so. The Desipis' encyclopedia entry mentions that their eyes, scales, and bones are infused with mana, and that they like to eat creatures with magic in their blood, all of which suggest it's possible. :3

My question is about the Aeons. What does it mean when the blue scales glow? I have three males and two of them are glowing while one isn't. I thought it meant that the BSA was ready, but when I looked it's still greyed out. (I've been making good use of it ^^; ) I adore these new dragons, but their mysteries have me confused.

It just means that they've USED their BSA recently. I believe it fades in a week. So you got the right idea, wrong interpretation--when they STOP glowing, they can use their BSA again :3