Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

hoping i explain this correctly. so i've seen people talk about how the biomes get "shuffled" at :05, but i swear i have seen them all shuffle at :15, :25, :35 etc. too. so every 10 minutes i guess

i've waited around until :15 before, and as soon as it went from :14 to :15, i refreshed and all the eggs were completely different

is it just me seeing things or is this true? do they follow this time pattern? or is it only at :05?

It's EVERY 5 minutes, so at :05, :10, :15 and so on. People talk about the 5 minute shuffle as opposed to the hourly drop wink.gif

It's EVERY 5 minutes, so at :05, :10, :15 and so on. People talk about the 5 minute shuffle as opposed to the hourly drop wink.gif

ooh okay, i got confused because i assumed they meant it was only at :05, as a 5 minute thing or something xd.png thank you herk

When was the last time a new spriter was added to the cave?

I think it was at May with the Antareans. The spriter was an event spriter before they debuted as a dragon spriter, though.

+before that, September 20th, 2014. Pyralspites, I think. But not 100% sure.

Edited by SkyWolf25

No, before the Antareans it was the Desipis, which added PieMaster. Pyrals were before that. So I'm the third newest spriter, Pie's the second newest, and Nirami is adorable sprite kouhai.

What happens to eggs that are about to hatch when you are hatchling locked? Do they hatch, and are you forced to abandon one of your dragons? Or do they just...remain eggs until you have space? I'm not hatchie-locked often, but I just fogged two of my eggs because I don't want to lose them.

Your total limit is whatever trophy you have, of which some number is eggs. when an egg hatches it is fine

Example, gold trophy is 21 living things of which 7 can be eggs. I have had 21 hatchies on occasion

Edited by ainisarie

Your total limit is whatever trophy you have, of which some number is eggs.  when an egg hatches it is fine

I know my hatchling and egg limits, but right now I'm hatchie locked 18/18 and would like to know what happens if one of my eggs hatches and turns into a hatchling, it would be surpassing the limit as 19/18 hatchlings. Would I have to abandon my new hatchling? Would my egg just, not hatch until I have space?

Edited by andromedae

I know my hatchling and egg limits, but right now I'm hatchie locked 18/18 and would like to know what happens if one of my eggs hatches and turns into a hatchling, it would be surpassing the limit as 19/18 hatchlings. Would I have to abandon my new hatchling? Would my egg just, not hatch until I have space?

No you're OK. The total is 18. A maximum of 6 can be eggs. All 18 CAN be hatchlings if you like. You are on silver. If you are locked with 18 growing things, that's it - you can't pick up more - but one of those things - being an egg - can turn into a hatchie just fine. You are still at 18 in total.

Edited by fuzzbucket

No you're OK. The total is 18. A maximum of 6 can be eggs. All 18 CAN be hatchlings if you like. You are on silver. If you are locked with 18 growing things, that's it - you can't pick up more - but one of those things - being an egg - can turn into a hatchie just fine. You are still at 18 in total.

I understand now, thank you!

Hey, so sometimes on the forum I see a little icon that says 'Censor Kipz'. What is this? (Clearly it is a censor, but for what?)

Thanks

Censor Kipz censor profanity/inappropriate words and 4 asterisks. The 4 asterisks are a common substiute for profanity, in case you were curious.

It's an emote (which you can see by clicking "show all" under your list of smilies or by clicking "show list of smilies" when using fast reply. Really, it's just a (Pokemon) play on words (censorship -> censorkips), as it will typically appear when a forum-censored word gets replaced with asterisks or you asterisk-censor yourself. But it's not meant to censor anything in particular.

It is "possible" to go over the scroll limit. You just can't pick anything up until you are under again. The only way I'm aware of this happening is zombie attempts.

Previous Halloweens people (including myself) would raise lots of hatchlings, and let them die while fogged. When attempting to revive any that fully came back to life (not zombies) would count against your limit as normal. As most players had already filled slots with Halloween breeds. This would cause you to go over the limit.

*side note: If anyone attempts this, the revived/non-zombie hatchlings have about 30 mins to live for you to get them views to grow or fog them. otherwise they will die again. And revive only works once.

Edit: that is a good point Herk, I forgot about that. Probably because I don't believe in releasing anything I put the time in to raise. smile.gif Thanks!

Edited by DragonLady86

It is "possible" to go over the scroll limit. You just can't pick anything up until you are under again. The only way I'm aware of this happening is zombie attempts.

Another way is releasing/killing enough dragons to lose a trophy level. If you have 501 dragons and lock your scroll with 7/7; 21/21 and then kill 2 dragons so you go down to 499, you then are at 7/6 and 21/20. You won't lose anything but you won't be able to pick new stuff up until you are under your current (new) limit. wink.gif

I got a new pink egg from gold X aria breeding. Is that normal?

I think that's been requested back when Arias were (re-)introduced, to allow "old type" lineages with Arias in base and new Pinks in higher gens to be created still so that existing lineages can be continued.

It is possible. TJ posted here.

This is the first time I have seen anyone mention actually getting one.

Edited by purplehaze

As far as I know TJ kept the old mechanism in place (with a very low chance) so that certain lineages wouldn't become impossible to continue.

double ninja-ed biggrin.gif

Edited by herk

Ah okay, thanks everyone! I suspected it was that but wasn't sure. This is the first time I got anything non aria from aria too. I have been trying to get gold since forever, but I guess I will hold on to the new pink since that seems equally as unlikely. xd.png

Yeah. Arias keep that breeding mechanic because otherwise a lot of people may have screwed-up lineages from them only breeding Arias.

EDIT: QUADRUPLE NINJA'D!

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

New lineage pages are no longer starting from 1G for me. I saw a 9G egg that started from 4G, and I am confused. It's never done this before, is it the new lineages layout?

Are you looking at an AP egg? Because those only show 5 generations. It was just harder to tell before.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

New lineage pages are no longer starting from 1G for me. I saw a 9G egg that started from 4G, and I am confused. It's never done this before, is it the new lineages layout?

Lineages do get cut off after a certain point (did before, too, but you couldn't tell unless you clicked the 'CBs'), that seems rather low though...

Are you looking at an AP egg? Because those only show 5 generations. It was just harder to tell before.

See, but some of the AP eggs are showing more, which is really confusing me.

I knew they cut off before, but usually they stretched the window (so I had to scroll to the left or right) now it just seems to randomly jump around.