Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Question about the bolt BSA.

Let's say I use stun on a 3d10h hatchie that's about to grow up, bringing it to 4d10h.

1) If I trade it, will it instantly drop to 3d10h on the other person's scroll and grow up?

2) If it gets back beneath 4d on my scroll and someone clicks on it, will it grow up?

Nope and nope. Stun sticks through transfer, and it prevents any views/UVs/clicks for 2 days after usage.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

1) If I trade it, will it instantly drop to 3d10h on the other person's scroll and grow up?

Nope, they don't lose that day.

ninja.gif

Edited by dirtytabs

Let's say I use stun on a 3d10h hatchie that's about to grow up, bringing it to 4d10h.

2) If it gets back beneath 4d on my scroll and someone clicks on it, will it grow up?

While on the subject... does the site gain revenue every time I simply load the ads, or only when they're clicked on?

Clya did mention here that she had two stunned hatchies grow up (no idea when she'd stunned them). I'd like to see more stats/sharing being posted in the Stun thread, though, as I'm not sure what's intended. In that thread, Vhale posted that hers grew up almost as soon as stun grew up. But I couldn't find any comments really confirming that the hatchies wouldn't grow up if still stunned but under four days.

~

I'm not completely sure. I believe it's when ads are clicked (but only click on ads you are genuinely interested in - if a bunch of users mass click ads to try and generate revenue, that only gets us in trouble). However, I've heard from someone who produces YT videos that they get money based on how many times ads are loaded in conjunction as their video, so users blocking ads on YT mean those are views that don't count towards "YT guru's" payments.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

While on the subject... does the site gain revenue every time I simply load the ads, or only when they're clicked on?

Some combination of both. The exact workings are intentionally kept obscure by Google to avoid attempts at gaming the system, but both stats should be involved.

I can confirm through my experience that:

1) Stun does not wear off on teleport, you can also not stun a hatchling again which is stunned. Irrespective of who stunned it in first place (I've posted screenshots in stun BSA thread)

2) hatchling will not grow while stun "no view" period hasn't worn off (2 days), even if it's fairly ER and has more than enough views already.

For e.g. I stun a hatchie which is at 3 days, it wil nowl come at 4Days, but it won't actually grow up until it goes down to 2 days. Which is why stun should be used with planning otherwise you would have your scroll space held by hatchies that would have otherwise grown up and stuffing them into ERs won't do anything.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Is it actually correct that CB Almeralds also drop in the Jungle? According to the release thread and the Dragon Cave Wiki, they drop in the Jungle - as well as in the Alpine and Forest. However, I have been stalking the Jungle for some time now and I haven't seen any CB Almeralds there, whereas they seem to be plentiful and easy to grab in the Alpine and Forest. As a result, I've come to wonder if perhaps the wiki (and the person in the release thread who first mentioned seeing them in the Jungle) is wrong. Perhaps they were actually seen in the Forest at the time and someone accidentally mistook it for the Jungle?

I just noticed that, when I'm on the "Viewing Dragon" page for a gemshard, there is no link to their entry in the Dragonopedia. Since I've owned 90 gemshard eggs, 63 hatchlings, and 33 adults since the dragonopedia went live, I know it can't just be because I haven't seen/owned enough of the breed. Glitch?

Editing to add: the same appears to be true of the stripes.

Edited by Ardath Rekha

Yeah, that seems to be the case for everyone - a Gemshard glitch.

As far as I know, the creator of the Almeralds has stated that they are intended to only drop in Alpine and Forest.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9279153

Thank you very much for shining light on this matter, Ruby Eyes! happy.gif Now I know for sure why I wasn't getting any offers of Jungle-born Almeralds in my trades! wink.gif I see the Wiki has now also been edited (a few hours ago, assuming the time given was in my own time zone) to reflect this new information, which is great. Now I shall go and find something else to trade for! wink.gif

Does anyone know what order the three Terrae eggs sort in when the scroll is sorted according to Breed Sort?

I want to say it's logical that they should match the order they're listed as in the encyclopedia, but I have no evidence to back that up with.

I tried using the search function as I know I've seen it before, but all it did was give em a list of topics that had nothing to do what I was looking for. xd.png

My question is this: How do I find the dragon that has the name I want to use? I tried putting in a name with a particular suffix I use, & it came up the name was in use somewhere on my scroll. xd.png I want to change that name so I can use it on something else. Looking through nearly 6000 dragons would take forever to find it. xd.png

Thanks in advance to whoever can help! <3

I tried using the search function as I know I've seen it before, but all it did was give em a list of topics that had nothing to do what I was looking for. xd.png

My question is this: How do I find the dragon that has the name I want to use? I tried putting in a name with a particular suffix I use, & it came up the name was in use somewhere on my scroll. xd.png I want to change that name so I can use it on something else. Looking through nearly 6000 dragons would take forever to find it. xd.png

https://dragcave.net/view/n/nameyouwant

/view/n/name

I suggest saving a post with this information in it (you've got a forum notepad under you controls where you could put a link at), but I'll give a quick tip for searching.

Use the main search function rather than just searching within the section, and don't forget (these are linked on the main search page) that there are various ways to narrow down your search. I searched the help section, the whole post, show as posts, "find a dragon by name" and this post (plus the original ask) was the only result. Of course, I did get a little lucky by knowing what phrasing would be most likely to bring up a result. ;p

This question gets asked enough I should add it to the FAQ, though!

Thank you Tango & Sock!

Adding it to the FAQs would be helpful & I'm going to save your answer Sock so I have it tucked away for further use!

Thank you both again! biggrin.gif

Hi! Does anyone know if it's a normal thing that question marks disappear from dragon descriptions after submitting them? I felt like a fool when I realised the description I submitted for my zombie was missing a whole bunch of punctuation until I added them back in and resubmitted it a few times and realised it wasn't me doing it? Sorry to bother with such a silly question!

Hi! Does anyone know if it's a normal thing that question marks disappear from dragon descriptions after submitting them? I felt like a fool when I realised the description I submitted for my zombie was missing a whole bunch of punctuation until I added them back in and resubmitted it a few times and realised it wasn't me doing it? Sorry to bother with such a silly question!

There's a positive list of allowed charcters - question marks are not among them, neither are slashes...

There's also a suggestion regarding that here

From the guidelines, linked on the page where you write descriptions: https://dragcave.net/help/descriptions

Maximum Character Limit: 1000 Characters (Spaces included)

List of Allowed Characters: Letters, numbers, spaces, line breaks, and !"'(),-.:;

Yes, it's normal for it to disappear. That's because it's not an allowed character. We've never received an answer on why this is, but there is a suggestion to allow them here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=115152

In the mean time, you'll need to re-write your question into a statement. ^^

Ah, my bad! I kept looking over the HTML part thinking it was in there and I missed that first part on the guidelines whoopsie, thank you for clueing me in both!

Does anyone figure out how long will the "glowing" version of Aeons last?

I'm pretty sure it will last until the cooldown is over -- 7 days. I used precognition almost 4 days ago and the Aeon is still glowing. That is the way it works with the Bolts, except there was a glitch in the beginning that kept them sparking even after the cooldown time was up.

hoping i explain this correctly. so i've seen people talk about how the biomes get "shuffled" at :05, but i swear i have seen them all shuffle at :15, :25, :35 etc. too. so every 10 minutes i guess

i've waited around until :15 before, and as soon as it went from :14 to :15, i refreshed and all the eggs were completely different

is it just me seeing things or is this true? do they follow this time pattern? or is it only at :05?