Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Didn't TJ once post that actual hatching (and therefore probably growing up) WON'T happen unless one new view/click is registered? Even if teh stats are high enough in principle?

That's why fogged things die when they run out of time even if they have enought V/UV/C.

Of course I can't remember WHEN and WHERE he posted that, but I do remember it vivdly.

I thought it was that the owner had to view the hatchling once before it could grow up. Unsureness being why I didn't post, lol.

I do remember what you are talking about (and I thought it was actually this thread but that's a guess), but I didn't add it to my answer because I couldn't find it in my search. Was hoping that someone else might remember some of his phrasing so we could find a for-sure link. xP

EDIT: Tried a slightly different search. Found it!

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8707103

Eggs will only hatch (and hatchlings mature) upon being viewed. This is not new behavior (nor have any of the requirements been increased/changed in any way).

If an egg doesn't receive any views during the several days it is able to grow up, it will die, even if it otherwise has enough.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I thought it was that the owner had to view the hatchling once before it could grow up. Unsureness being why I didn't post, lol.

I do remember what you are talking about (and I thought it was actually this thread but that's a guess), but I didn't add it to my answer because I couldn't find it in my search. Was hoping that someone else might remember some of his phrasing so we could find a for-sure link. xP

EDIT: Tried a slightly different search. Found it!

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8707103

Eggs will only hatch (and hatchlings mature) upon being viewed. This is not new behavior (nor have any of the requirements been increased/changed in any way).

If an egg doesn't receive any views during the several days it is able to grow up, it will die, even if it otherwise has enough.

As always your google fu is strong biggrin.gif

Jfyi that link doesn't work for us ordinary peasants (at least not for me) - not allowed to view that topic.

BTW wasn't there a thread once where we were supposed to add such quotes so they'd be in one place for easier finding?

It's pre-coffeinated-beverage for me so I can't remember th eplace and or name but I thnk you reated it.

BTW

Stupid question: Would it theoretically be possible to play Dragon Cave on a Wii U? I'm serious, here. It has a browser built in.

You can play on any device from which you can access the internet. The Wii works (and the 3DS) I own both and have played on them. smile.gif

Anyone know when the new eggs/dragons will be on the Wiki?

They already are: (Link!)

They just don't have their own pages yet because information is still being gathered. (Possible BSAs, breeding patterns, etc.)

Edited by Vrack

Thanks for the answer - I was kinda hoping that the rarity of the new ones had been divulged.

Thanks for the answer - I was kinda hoping that the rarity of the new ones had been divulged.

The wiki presets everything as "uncommon" until they see how the breeds behave after the release, and they are eventually adjusted to what users are observing. Based on this post.

If you want a good idea of how hard things are to get, I would: 1) sit and hunt them in the cave, and 2) watch the trading threads and seeing what is being asked/offered for them.

I've sketched up this concept that runs on the lunar phases. Do I need to PM someone for permission to have them run on the lunar phases? I'm thinking that when Aurax is nore illuminated, they'd be gold, and when Cirion is more illuminated they'd be blue. However, when both moons are equally illuminated it'd either be a tossup between blue and gold or it would be white.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I've sketched up this concept that runs on the lunar phases. Do I need to PM someone for permission to have them run on the lunar phases? I'm thinking that when Aurax is nore illuminated, they'd be gold, and when Cirion is more illuminated they'd be blue. However, when both moons are equally illuminated it'd either be a tossup between blue and gold or it would be white.

No, you do not.

Are there Zombie variations for Drakes, Two-Headed Dragons and Pygmy Dragons? And if not, will there be?

There will be at some point. No date was announced, so we do not know a date. I would keep an eye out come Halloween in News and in the zombie threads in SD. If those zombies are done, that seems like a good time to introduce them. (That does not mean they will be introduced then, but I will personally be keeping an eye out - just in case!)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Thanks for the speedy reply Sock! I had a feeling they were in the works, but I thought it'd be safer to ask, rather than just assume yes or no.

is there a Diabetes thread in General Discussion I looked in the D's but couldn't find one

is there a Diabetes thread in General Discussion I looked in the D's but couldn't find one

No, there is not a specific diabetes thread yet.

Thanks for the speedy reply Sock! I had a feeling they were in the works, but I thought it'd be safer to ask, rather than just assume yes or no.

You can still zombify those breeds now, they just show the default western sprite. So if you want them when they are available you don't have to wait. The sprites will get updated when they released. smile.gif

No, there is not a specific diabetes thread yet.

ok, should I start a thread or is there some thread where I could ask for advice about diabetes on here already

my mum was diagnosed with type 2 last week and I was hoping to get some advice on good snacks for her and some other things

ok, should I start a thread or is there some thread where I could ask for advice about diabetes on here already

my mum was diagnosed with type 2 last week and I was hoping to get some advice on good snacks for her and some other things

Whether or not you want to start a thread is totally up to you. We do also have the advice thread or Q&A thread you could try. ^^

Are dark luminas dropping at all? Has anybody seen one today?

I have seen all the others, but not that one. And I have been hunting a lot today.

Are dark luminas dropping at all? Has anybody seen one today?

They are a permanent release so they are still there, though perhaps not as common as they started. I have not seen one, but I also haven't been in the cave at all today.

Thanks to both of you! I am perfectly aware that it's a permanent release, was asking due to the fact that I've been hunting for the past few hours without seeing a single one blink.gif

Is there a topic with detailed rules on signatures?

I can't seem to find anything other than the fact that dragons shouldn't be posted in there.

If not, are there some rules to using links to other sites in signatures?

Is there a topic with detailed rules on signatures?

I can't seem to find anything other than the fact that dragons shouldn't be posted in there.

If not, are there some rules to using links to other sites in signatures?

Just the board rules.