Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Are you talking about an ad? A popup ad? A misplaced image? I'm not seeing what you're talking about.

Try clearing your cache? Do a scan for malware? Clear your cookies/restart your browser?

user posted image

I don't know if it is a bug or not but here is a picture. It's been popping up for a few days. The url at the bottom of the image is what I get when I hover over it. Don't know if that's enough to find it or not. It appears clickable, but I didn't try to see if would go somewhere. Just in case.

user posted image

I don't know if it is a bug or not but here is a picture. It's been popping up for a few days. The url at the bottom of the image is what I get when I hover over it. Don't know if that's enough to find it or not. It appears clickable, but I didn't try to see if would go somewhere. Just in case.

I clicked on it, thinking that it was some site event or something. Like the Easter Egg hunt or Trick-or-treating. I just ended up looking at a blank page.

Looks like a glitched ad to me.

Just wanted to pop my head in and say the bug where things were picking up 1/1/1 even through fog seems to be fixed. Thanks TJ!

Has anything change in 'sort by breed' recently? Or did I mess something up? I am terrible with sorting, but as far as I remember, all Valentines dragons were next to each other, same with Halloweens, now I have Heartstealers and Shadow Walkers in totally different places. I don't have enough time and patience to place all of the dragons manually, and I got really used to this one sorting option, what did I do wrong? I might have messed this up, I clicked something in "change sort order" a couple of days ago, and now I can't find my way to how it was earlier. Could please anyone tell me what options exactly I should have ticked to bring some peace to my dragons? unsure.gif

Has anything change in 'sort by breed' recently? Or did I mess something up? I am terrible with sorting, but as far as I remember, all Valentines dragons were next to each other, same with Halloweens, now I have Heartstealers and Shadow Walkers in totally different places. I don't have enough time and patience to place all of the dragons manually, and I got really used to this one sorting option, what did I do wrong? I might have messed this up, I clicked something in "change sort order" a couple of days ago, and now I can't find my way to how it was earlier. Could please anyone tell me what options exactly I should have ticked to bring some peace to my dragons? unsure.gif

That's the new breed sort that came in with the August site update. They now sort by their official encyclopedia name instead of the way they used to sort. Short of sorting them manually I'm not sure how you can fix it.

Who does the egg illustrations(not the pixel sprites) for the new releases? I assume the adult concept arts are optionally done by the artists who created the dragons, but the eggs' art style seems to be consistent.

I would also love to know this smile.gif

What's the art usage policy on things like, showing off sprites? I've made a huge collection of my favourite sprites just to look at (not edited or anything, just my favourite sprites in one paint document) and I was wondering if I could post them to other sites that appreciate sprite work. Since there's so many on one image the only way I could think of giving credit would be to link back to the dragoncave forums. And I can't ask permission to every sprite artist (Don't even know who did what)

No worries if this isn't allowed, just asking!

What's the art usage policy on things like, showing off sprites? I've made a huge collection of my favourite sprites just to look at (not edited or anything, just my favourite sprites in one paint document) and I was wondering if I could post them to other sites that appreciate sprite work. Since there's so many on one image the only way I could think of giving credit would be to link back to the dragoncave forums. And I can't ask permission to every sprite artist (Don't even know who did what)

There was a thread in this forum somewhere where artists posted about usage of their art, but I can't find it right now ;-;

---

I guess only in-cave spriters(and maybe mods?) can answer this, but does TJ notify an artist that their dragon will be released prior to the actual release even if the artist already signed the agreement form, or does the artist find out when they check the release news thread?

Since when are we able to abandon named hatchis? o_o

Since when are we able to abandon named hatchis? o_o

Couple of months - I don't know when the change took place exactly though.

Stupid question: Would it theoretically be possible to play Dragon Cave on a Wii U? I'm serious, here. It has a browser built in.

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

Stupid question: Would it theoretically be possible to play Dragon Cave on a Wii U? I'm serious, here. It has a browser built in.

I mean, if it has a browser and you can load images and click things, I don't see why not... DC doesn't even technically need JavaScript support to function.

I can't imagine grabbing would be quick, though. You might end up missing some stuff.

Apparently a hatchling only genders when it already has enough views/UV/clicks to mature? Does that mean if the view count stops it'll still safely grow into an adult?

Well, on my PC at the moment and I can't see the Female White Stripe sprite.

I can see Male White Stripes, and all of the other Stripes, but the Female seems to be missing.

I tried the Reload button at the top of the page, Ctrl+F5, and just F5.

I'm seeing this in all pages: Breeding and Scroll page itself

EDIT: Did some URL manipulation to get to the View and Lineage pages. Interestingly enough, the sprite loads correctly in Lineage, but nowhere else.

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

There was a thread in this forum somewhere where artists posted about usage of their art, but I can't find it right now ;-;

I can't give credit not because I don't know how, but because there are 70+ dragons, some of which were done by artists that have left, some which were taken off the completed list and so I cannot find the thread, and just because getting permission or giving credit to 100+ people would take forever.

I'm more asking if I need permission to post art to other sites, and if I can give credit by linking back to the forums.

Well, on my PC at the moment and I can't see the Female White Stripe sprite.

I can see Male White Stripes, and all of the other Stripes, but the Female seems to be missing.

I tried both the Reload button at the top of the page, Ctrl+F5, and just F5.

I'm seeing this in all pages: Breeding and Scroll page itself

It's Adblock.

DC periodically changes the filenames for the dragon sprites. When the filename triggers Adblock, it blocks all offending sprites until the filenames rotate again. At the moment, female white Stripes have the filename ad15.png, and Adblock sees "ad" and blocks it.

Give it an hour or two and things should return to normal.

It's Adblock.

DC periodically changes the filenames for the dragon sprites. When the filename triggers Adblock, it blocks all offending sprites until the filenames rotate again. At the moment, female white Stripes have the filename ad15.png, and Adblock sees "ad" and blocks it.

Give it an hour or two and things should return to normal.

Maybe TJ's trying to tell me to turn off Adblock for the umpteenth time. I think this time I'll take him up on that. Thanks!

I can't give credit not because I don't know how, but because there are 70+ dragons, some of which were done by artists that have left, some which were taken off the completed list and so I cannot find the thread, and just because getting permission or giving credit to 100+ people would take forever.

I'm more asking if I need permission to post art to other sites, and if I can give credit by linking back to the forums.

Art usage thread

A lot of the artists are okay with using the images on DC forums, etc. but not so many off site. I think you are safer not doing it. But maybe Sock or one of the other mods will weigh in with a different opinion.

Who does the egg illustrations(not the pixel sprites) for the new releases? I assume the adult concept arts are optionally done by the artists who created the dragons, but the eggs' art style seems to be consistent.

I believe it's TJ, but he might ask for help from artists sometimes. You'd have better luck getting a solid answer if you asked TJ himself. It might fit in his ask-a-mod thread.

I need more details. Is this art released in the cave? Art on the completed list? Art that was on the completed list? A mix of all of these?

I'm gonna say that if you don't have the patience/time/energy to ask permission from the proper artists (and/or didn't bother saving the artists name in the first place), then the answer is no.

I need more details. Is this art released in the cave? Art on the completed list? Art that was on the completed list? A mix of all of these?

I'm gonna say that if you don't have the patience/time/energy to ask permission from the proper artists (and/or didn't bother saving the artists name in the first place), then the answer is no.

A mix. I would think I probably couldn't, thanks for telling me.

It is always sticky'd in the general Suggestions/Requests section.

Apparently a hatchling only genders when it already has enough views/UV/clicks to mature? Does that mean if the view count stops it'll still safely grow into an adult?

So I think you're asking "if my hatchie genders before it reaches 4 days left, will it automatically grow up when it reaches 4 days left (or before it dies, anyway) without gaining any more views?"

Depends. A hatchling genders when it has enough stats to gender. That does not necessarily correlate directly to the hatchling maturing into an adult. The hatchling probably will grow up rather than dying, but it is possible it will not have enough stats to grow up right as soon as it hits 4 days left.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

A mix. I would think I probably couldn't, thanks for telling me.

Yeah, I would say no. In cave sprites you can share because, well, we provide you links to do that. As long as you link back to the cave, the artist is even listed on the dragon's page. And all of TJ's info is at the bottom of the cave.

But for things we didn't release: 1) they could have potentially been accepted for release and sharing them elsewhere could mean we can't release them, and 2) while DC has some rights with sprites being submitted to our consideration, they do belong all still to their artist, and you'd need their permission to share the dragons. But for any art in DR or Completed, we really limit who may share the sprites due to our secrecy clause. If too many people out there have the art and are sharing it in various places, then it would breach our secrecy clause and could create trouble for you, even ignoring that it would be considered art theft to share this art without the permission or name of the artist available. ^^

So I think you're asking "if my hatchie genders before it reaches 4 days left, will it automatically grow up when it reaches 4 days left (or before it dies, anyway) without gaining any more views?"

Depends. A hatchling genders when it has enough stats to gender. That does not necessarily correlate directly to the hatchling maturing into an adult. The hatchling probably will grow up rather than dying, but it is possible it will not have enough stats to grow up right as soon as it hits 4 days left.

Didn't TJ once post that actual hatching (and therefore probably growing up) WON'T happen unless one new view/click is registered? Even if teh stats are high enough in principle?

That's why fogged things die when they run out of time even if they have enought V/UV/C.

Of course I can't remember WHEN and WHERE he posted that, but I do remember it vivdly.

Didn't TJ once post that actual hatching (and therefore probably growing up) WON'T happen unless one new view/click is registered? Even if teh stats are high enough in principle?

That's why fogged things die when they run out of time even if they have enought V/UV/C.

Of course I can't remember WHEN and WHERE he posted that, but I do remember it vivdly.

I thought it was that the owner had to view the hatchling once before it could grow up. Unsureness being why I didn't post, lol.

I do remember what you are talking about (and I thought it was actually this thread but that's a guess), but I didn't add it to my answer because I couldn't find it in my search. Was hoping that someone else might remember some of his phrasing so we could find a for-sure link. xP

EDIT: Tried a slightly different search. Found it!

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8707103

Eggs will only hatch (and hatchlings mature) upon being viewed. This is not new behavior (nor have any of the requirements been increased/changed in any way).

If an egg doesn't receive any views during the several days it is able to grow up, it will die, even if it otherwise has enough.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I thought it was that the owner had to view the hatchling once before it could grow up. Unsureness being why I didn't post, lol.

I do remember what you are talking about (and I thought it was actually this thread but that's a guess), but I didn't add it to my answer because I couldn't find it in my search. Was hoping that someone else might remember some of his phrasing so we could find a for-sure link. xP

EDIT: Tried a slightly different search. Found it!

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8707103

Eggs will only hatch (and hatchlings mature) upon being viewed. This is not new behavior (nor have any of the requirements been increased/changed in any way).

If an egg doesn't receive any views during the several days it is able to grow up, it will die, even if it otherwise has enough.

As always your google fu is strong biggrin.gif

Jfyi that link doesn't work for us ordinary peasants (at least not for me) - not allowed to view that topic.

BTW wasn't there a thread once where we were supposed to add such quotes so they'd be in one place for easier finding?

It's pre-coffeinated-beverage for me so I can't remember th eplace and or name but I thnk you reated it.

BTW