Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I read somewhere in this forum a long time ago that if you don't influence a dragon, it will gender according the gender that you have less quantity in your scroll. So if you have less females than males, the tendency will be the gender be female. That's why influence is so important.

And I read somewhere, and I THOUGHT it was from TJ, that it's just dumb luck - this after a new player came here to wonder why their quite small scroll had about 85% of one sex.

And that randomness will eventually balance out some.

I have a few questions about zombies.

First, I know you can only kill 5 dragons at a time. But I've read about people having more then that for Halloween.... I think I remember reading something about killing a week before, and then on Halloween? I guess what I'm asking is, how long do tombstones stay on your scroll? And how often do kills reset? Is it possible to kill 5 dragons a week before Halloween, and then kill 5 more dragons on Halloween?

I have a few questions about zombies.

First, I know you can only kill 5 dragons at a time. But I've read about people having more then that for Halloween.... I think I remember reading something about killing a week before, and then on Halloween? I guess what I'm asking is, how long do tombstones stay on your scroll? And how often do kills reset? Is it possible to kill 5 dragons a week before Halloween, and then kill 5 more dragons on Halloween?

It's a little different. For adults, you can kill 5 exactly two weeks before Halloween (around mid-morning) and try to zombify them early morning. Since your kill slots come back after exactly two weeks, you need to be careful about your timing. After your kill slots come back, you can kill and zombify 5 more adults from noon to midnight.

And, of course, there's the matter of hatchlings. Many players decide to start collecting zombie fodder hatchies, starting 3 weeks and 2 days before Halloween. They'll hatch 3 weeks before Halloween (if you used incubate). The hatchlings are then fogged and left to die naturally. This way, you don't need to kill them, preserving your kill slots for adults. This process can be repeated until the Halloween breeding season begins (so as to not be locked when the precious holiday eggs come out). Quite a few players also trade for low-time hatchies during that period of time with the intention to add some extra zombie fodder to their army.

Edited by olympe

Questions about breeding:

Can day glory drakes breed night glory drakes? Can sunrise breed sunsets?

Can copper breed coppers of a different colour?

Yes. laugh.gif

Sunrise/Sunset dragons depend on the time the egg is hatched.

- Egg will hatch Sunrise between the hours of 6am and noon cave time.

- Egg will hatch Sunset between the hours of 6pm and midnight cave time.

- Egg cannot hatch at all between midnight and 6am or noon and 6pm.

- Fogging is your friend to assure that the egg hatches to be what you want it to be. wink.gif

Day/Night Glory depends on the time the egg is created by the cave or bred.

- Egg will be Day Glory if created or bred between 6am and 6pm cave time.

- Egg will be Night Glory if created or bred between 6pm and 6am cave time.

Coppers may depend on several factors, but I believe only male Coppers can breed Coppers of a different color.

The color of a Copper egg depends on these factors:[1]

- The biome the CB Copper egg was picked up from.

- Male Copper x any CB female dragon = Egg color of its mother's biome.

- If the mother has no biome (bred dragon) or was caught BEFORE the biomes were added (June 10, 2011), it will be the color of the Copper father.

- Female CB Female Copper x any male dragon = Egg color of the female Copper.

Edited by purplehaze

Yes. laugh.gif

Sunrise/Sunset dragons depend on the time the egg is hatched.

- Egg will hatch Sunrise between the hours of 6am and noon cave time.

- Egg will hatch Sunset between the hours of 6pm and midnight cave time.

- Egg cannot hatch at all between midnight and 6am or noon and 6pm.

- Fogging is your friend to assure that the egg hatches to be what you want it to be. wink.gif

Day/Night Glory depends on the time the egg is bred.

- Egg will be Day Glory if stolen or bred between 6am and 6pm cave time.

- Egg will be Night Glory if stolen or bred between 6pm and 6am cave time.

Coppers may depend on several factors, but I believe only female Coppers can breed Coppers of a different color.

The color of a Copper egg depends on these factors:[1]

- The biome the CB Copper egg was picked up from.

- Male Copper x any CB female dragon = Egg color of its mother's biome.

- If the mother has no biome (bred dragon) or was caught BEFORE the biomes were added (June 10, 2011), it will be the color of the Copper father.

- Female CB Female Copper x any male dragon = Egg color of the female Copper.

If the quote you put is true then only male coppers should breed different colours. Thanks, this is really helpful for my lineage project!

Edited by Tango

If the quote you put is true then only male coppers should breed different colours. Thanks, this is really helpful for my lineage project!

OOPS! My bad! You are right! I have fixed my original post to reflect this, so I don't mislead anyone else.

Would phone app games fall under the video game category on the forums?

Yes, Video games are defined as anything played by electronically manipulating images displayed on tv, computers or other display screens.

Is there a tool where I can check my entire scroll for inbred dragons at one go? I know the code-specific ones exist. It's just. um. 5k dragons is a lot to go through.

If none exists, I'm okay too.

Is there a tool where I can check my entire scroll for inbred dragons at one go? I know the code-specific ones exist. It's just. um. 5k dragons is a lot to go through.

If none exists, I'm okay too.

No such tool exists as far as I know.

No such tool exists as far as I know.

Oh, that's a shame sad.gif

Thanks. I guess I'll only clean out the ones I know.

Oh, that's a shame sad.gif

Thanks. I guess I'll only clean out the ones I know.

Well, it probably doesn't really matter unless you want to breed them and then you can check them before breeding.

Is it normal for the desert to still be full of tarantula drakes? I've seen them blocking that biome for a while now, is it meant to be this way? I mean, even when there's refreshes every 5 mins, I almost always see more Tarantula drakes than any other breed.

Is it normal for the desert to still be full of tarantula drakes? I've seen them blocking that biome for a while now, is it meant to be this way? I mean, even when there's refreshes every 5 mins, I almost always see more Tarantula drakes than any other breed.

* The release is still fairly new and ratios probably need a little more time to balance.

* They're drakes, which means not as many people are collecting them. This means some (probably a lot) won't be picked up and will instead be recycled at the top of the hour. See the part about ratios: if eggs are being recycled instead of picked up, they'll just show up again and again because the ratios are still not balanced.

* They may be relatively common, meaning they have a longer way to go toward being balanced than other breeds. At less than 2 weeks since release, I would consider it still too early to tell, but it may be a factor.

* The release is still fairly new and ratios probably need a little more time to balance.

* They're drakes, which means not as many people are collecting them. This means some (probably a lot) won't be picked up and will instead be recycled at the top of the hour. See the part about ratios: if eggs are being recycled instead of picked up, they'll just show up again and again because the ratios are still not balanced.

* They may be relatively common, meaning they have a longer way to go toward being balanced than other breeds. At less than 2 weeks since release, I would consider it still too early to tell, but it may be a factor.

Ok, I understand now. Thanks for the info, I was unaware of many of these things.

Are there Spriters Alts other than the Holiday and Prize ones? I think I've seen Alt Luminas on someone's scroll long time ago, but I am not entirely sure if it was reality. It might have been a dream. So... can anyone confirm that I am not going completely crazy?

Are there Spriters Alts other than the Holiday and Prize ones? I think I've seen Alt Luminas on someone's scroll long time ago, but I am not entirely sure if it was reality. It might have been a dream. So... can anyone confirm that I am not going completely crazy?

Perhaps you're thinking of Scaleless Luminas, a form which shows for 24h after breeding Lumina x Waterhorse/Turpentine/Albino. Otherwise I'm not sure what you would be recalling; there are no spriter's alts for Lumina that I'm aware of.

Perhaps you're thinking of Scaleless Luminas, a form which shows for 24h after breeding Lumina x Waterhorse/Turpentine/Albino. Otherwise I'm not sure what you would be recalling; there are no spriter's alts for Lumina that I'm aware of.

Yes, this is the one I saw smile.gif Thank you so much, now I feel terribly stupid (but less crazy wink.gif). I didn't know that they do it.

How do you check codes on a dragon to see what it is to avoid a misclick, please?

How do you check codes on a dragon to see what it is to avoid a misclick, please?

Right-click, Copy Link, open a new tab, paste the link into the address bar, and change /get/ to /view/ or /lineage/ ( dragcave.net/get/ABCDE becomes dragcave.net/view/ABCDE or dragcave.net/lineage/ABCDE )

Not sure if this is the right place for these sorts of question but

For undead dragons, are there updated sprites for Pygmies, DC Drakes, Two headed and two headed lindwurm dragons? The Wiki just shows question marks. And if there are no sprites specifically for those breeds, I'd like to know what the sprite looks like if you zombify one of those.

Not sure if this is the right place for these sorts of question but

For undead dragons, are there updated sprites for Pygmies, DC Drakes, Two headed and two headed lindwurm dragons? The Wiki just shows question marks. And if there are no sprites specifically for those breeds, I'd like to know what the sprite looks like if you zombify one of those.

there are no sprites for them yet. There has been talk before of it. and TJ hinted that more zombie news was coming.

As of right now, if zombifed, I'm not sure. They had the same sprite as everything else before, but I believe the western zombie is the default for any dragon not set to a specific other sprite.

I recently got active in game again and I can't seem to understand the whole cycle thing about lunars. I missed their release and I would like to catch the silver Lunar but I can't seem to figure out when they drop? :/ I read the wiki but only ended up being more confused. Could someone please help to explain the logic?

And if I were to ask for silver lunar in trade now, would it be right time?