Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Does it mean anything that there are three adult sprites for the Frilled Dragons? My existing Male and Female frills (from before retirement) match the first two sprites shown, though I suspect the third sprite was the original frilled.

Just hasn't been updated yet. Like the bright pinks are still not arias and the base frill sprite in the main encyclopedia page is still the old frill and not the updated version.

Up to what generation does the usual lineage project go up to? I once heard 12 but I want to verify if this is true. I have a pure-bred red dragon lineage going on and am currently on the 4th gen, so I was wondering if it was the norm to go all the way up to higher gens.

Up to what generation does the usual lineage project go up to? I once heard 12 but I want to verify if this is true. I have a pure-bred red dragon lineage going on and am currently on the 4th gen, so I was wondering if it was the norm to go all the way up to higher gens.

The lineage page only shows up to 12 generations. You can see further generations by clicking on older gens and looking at their lineage.

Lineage projects really vary by person and goal. I think people commonly do 4th - 7th even gen projects because they're manageable and reasonable to do most if not all the breeding yourself. However, people have aimed for longer gens as well. Stairs/spirals/arrows might go for longer just because they require less caveborn dragons.

If you want an idea of group lineage projects, you could go look around breeding, but I don't think many of those have a specific/unified end goal for generation.

tl;dr There really isn't a norm. Do what you want to do and think looks good.

The lineage page only shows up to 12 generations. You can see further generations by clicking on older gens and looking at their lineage.

Lineage projects really vary by person and goal. I think people commonly do 4th - 7th even gen projects because they're manageable and reasonable to do most if not all the breeding yourself. However, people have aimed for longer gens as well. Stairs/spirals/arrows might go for longer just because they require less caveborn dragons.

If you want an idea of group lineage projects, you could go look around breeding, but I don't think many of those have a specific/unified end goal for generation.

tl;dr There really isn't a norm. Do what you want to do and think looks good.

Thanks!

If I use all my freezes up, do I have to wait several weeks regardless of when I used the freezes or do I wait until the last 'freeze' slot becomes avaliable? I ran out of freezes yesterday since I've been using them in the last week but I've got to hatchlings to freeze still.

If I use all my freezes up, do I have to wait several weeks regardless of when I used the freezes or do I wait until the last 'freeze' slot becomes avaliable? I ran out of freezes yesterday since I've been using them in the last week but I've got to hatchlings to freeze still.

They come back one at a time based on when you used them.

What's the typical wait time for description approval? I've had a few that have been pending for years. Should I resubmit at this point?

What's the typical wait time for description approval? I've had a few that have been pending for years. Should I resubmit at this point?

I'm not sure if you should resubmit, but I know I've seen a great number of people who've also had descriptions sitting in the queue for years.

The typical wait time seems to vary pretty heavily too. Some people get them approved pretty quick, some don't. :x

Maybe you'll get lucky and have them get highly-rated enough to show eventually, at least..?

I would, yes. The description system just got a much needed overhaul that grants users the option to view descriptions that haven't been officially approved yet, but have gotten several user approvals, so if your resubmit it should start showing for people once you get a few.

I've got enough accepts for most of them to show as pending on the scrolls, but I wasn't sure if that would be enough. Thanks!

Edited by FlyingDragona

I've just write my first description ever. However I was wondering if there is a topic here on the forum were I could ask if the description respects the description guidelines and if it's actually correct grammatically speaking, since english is not my first language.

I have this doubt because I introduced a new lore-related item (a crystal created by "melting" every type of mana crystals into one) in his description and I don't know if it's possibile without it being "official".

May I post my dragon's description here?

I've just write my first description ever. However I was wondering if there is a topic here on the forum were I could ask if the description respects the description guidelines and if it's actually correct grammatically speaking, since english is not my first language.

I have this doubt because I introduced a new lore-related item (a crystal created by "melting" every type of mana crystals into one) in his description and I don't know if it's possibile without it being "official".

May I post my dragon's description here?

You could post it to here for someone to look at.

This might be a stupid question but I kinda ran into it while doing some work on the wiki. Do different skins on the site show different encyclopedia info, or am I just being a potato?? This is one user's screenshot of the Water Walker's entry, and then this is mine.

I do have to note that mine isn't a complete entry, I have one maybe two unlocks to go still to complete the entry. But as far as I knew the elemental affinity unlocks pretty early on rather than right at the end when you complete it?

This might be a stupid question but I kinda ran into it while doing some work on the wiki. Do different skins on the site show different encyclopedia info, or am I just being a potato?? This is one user's screenshot of the Water Walker's entry, and then this is mine.

I do have to note that mine isn't a complete entry, I have one maybe two unlocks to go still to complete the entry. But as far as I knew the elemental affinity unlocks pretty early on rather than right at the end when you complete it?

That is odd, I use default skin. Mine shows the elemental affinity but is not fully unlocked yet either.

I have elemental affinity unlocked on default skin. Just switched to St. Patty's and it was there, too. You must not have it unlocked. I'm not sure what it's tied to.

The only thing I could think of would be to make sure you've checked out the elements page in encyclopedia.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but is there anyway I can get the codes for adult sprites? I've tried to get them off the wiki but DC forum tells me that I can't post webpages in IMG urls? I literally know nothing about coding though.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but is there anyway I can get the codes for adult sprites? I've tried to get them off the wiki but DC forum tells me that I can't post webpages in IMG urls? I literally know nothing about coding though.

It's been posted here on the forum a couple of times, but I have no idea where, so I'll just explain it once more:

The wiki gives you image paths like this:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/e/e5/Pygmy_male.gif/revision/latest?cb=20090810161639

so you need to cut off everything behind the .gif or .png, like this:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/e/e5/Pygmy_male.gif

and the result you use in the image tags, like this:

[IMG=http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/e/e5/Pygmy_male.gif]

user posted image

I feel like I saw talk somewhere of someone setting up a new release breeding event, has this thing actually formed? If so, could I be directed to it (Can't seem to find it anywhere, but I want to double check and/or make sure I'm not ruining anyone's plans)? If not.... I may or may not be planning to set one of those up wink.gif

I feel like I saw talk somewhere of someone setting up a new release breeding event, has this thing actually formed? If so, could I be directed to it (Can't seem to find it anywhere, but I want to double check and/or make sure I'm not ruining anyone's plans)? If not.... I may or may not be planning to set one of those up wink.gif

Could this be what you are referring to?:

I am SO tempted to run with this concept and do a mass-breeding event geared towards building lineages with all of the new release dragons of 2016. It would be SO great to see Frill and Aria lineages make a comeback (I know I can breed at least 2 3rd gen checkers with Arias, and I know there are other older players out there who may be able to breed way more lineaged Arias and Frills) and I'd love to get a head start on collecting some with a massbreed.

From this thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...c=173527&st=280

Edited by Eos

Does anyone know if it's possible for Arias to gender male without being Influenced? Or am I just particularly unlucky? XD Bred one and caught six since the rerelease and the four that have hatched so far have all gendered female.

Does anyone know if it's possible for Arias to gender male without being Influenced? Or am I just particularly unlucky? xd.png Bred one and caught six since the rerelease and the four that have hatched so far have all gendered female.

Yes it is. smile.gif You are just unlucky.

Does anyone know if it's possible for Arias to gender male without being Influenced? Or am I just particularly unlucky? xd.png Bred one and caught six since the rerelease and the four that have hatched so far have all gendered female.

I read somewhere in this forum a long time ago that if you don't influence a dragon, it will gender according the gender that you have less quantity in your scroll. So if you have less females than males, the tendency will be the gender be female. That's why influence is so important.