Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I believe you're correct, the third sprite is the original and the first two are the new adults.

Do you mean some still show the old sprite ? Mine don't; I had kind of hoped they would... laugh.gif

Yah, they fluctuate all the time. Blacks and stripes used to be quite rare. Seasonals went from common to almost unobtainable a couple years ago and then back to normal again. Alt blacks go between usually obtainable to really rare, as they are now. We even had one period when NO need eggs were normal--they were all alts!--for like a whole month a few years back, although I suppose that one might have been a glitch. There are lots of examples of things changing around.

Personally, I don't think the alt black flood was a glitch. Before, we had only the sitting alt hatchies for several years, and then they were switched for the curled black. To me, this looked more like both alts have their own ratio, and the curled had to make up for lost time.

But, yes, some things change drastically in value due to ratios or demand or whatever. There was a time when blusangs were exceedingly rare, rarer than trios and almost as rare as metals. CB blacks, vines, stripes and splits were way harder to find, much less catch, than they are now. Or reds and pinks... Not to mention that for several months after the bluna release, skywings and waters were rather hard to get due to higher demand. For months on end after their release (midwinter madness was what it was called), nocturnes, canopies and electrics dominated the cave, and it was almost impossible to find anything but those three breeds. And nebulas, sunsongs, BBW and hellfires were about as easy to catch as rares.

I have a kind of stupid encyclopedia related question smile.gif

When I look at the page for the spirit wards I have 3 rows of sprites to unlock: the first row with the non-glowing sprites; a second row contains the glowing hatchie sprites and adult sprites with a little glow. I managed to unlock all of these just fine.

It's the third row that's giving me trouble. I managed to unlock the egg and glowing hatchies, but for some reason the adults don't want to unlock, even though I observed/clicked a lot of them.

Now I am assuming that these sprites are the fully glowing adults and that I would actually need to click glowing adult sprites to unlock these. But the spirit wards only have their full glow for a very short period of time a day, and that's in the dead of night for me wink.gif

So I was wondering if there is any way to work around this. If there is any way I can still unlock those sprites without having to get up at 4 in the morning?

Travel around the world (east or west) and click them during the day.

Otherweise, no, sorry.

Travel around the world (east or west) and click them during the day.

Otherweise, no, sorry.

I just stayed up all night once.... laugh.gif

Hello there.

I tried to linked my scroll to a friend and I use my code on my scroll:

http://dragcave.net/user/~%3ALaurelin%3A~

But if you klick this link it shows: You can’t seem to find the scroll you’re looking for...

Here on this site it works but in the Pm I sent not.

Is there anybody out there who can help me with this? smile.gif

My native speech isn´t english so I´m sorry for my english.

Edited by Laurelin

Hello there.

I tried to linked my scroll to a friend and I use my code on my scroll:

http://dragcave.net/user/~%3ALaurelin%3A~

But if you klick this link it shows: You can’t seem to find the scroll you’re looking for...

Here on this site it works but in the Pm I sent not.

Is there anybody out there who can help me with this? smile.gif

My native speech isn´t english so I´m sorry for my english.

I think it has something to do with the signs used in your username. Try copying that exact link you used above, into the PM, the one with all the '%' in it.

If that doesn't work maybe put it into a site like https://bitly.com and use that link?

Gender symbols are just showing up a 'm' and 'f' for me with the St Patrick's theme (what I normally use) and Portal light but it's fine on the others. Anyone know why? I remember there was a link you could go that changed them back to normal but this seems theme specific.

Gender symbols are just showing up a 'm' and 'f' for me with the St Patrick's theme (what I normally use) and Portal light but it's fine on the others. Anyone know why? I remember there was a link you could go that changed them back to normal but this seems theme specific.

You mean this link?

We pretty much came to the conclusion that it no longer works based on it not helping other people with the same problem not too long ago, but that's probably what you meant.

I wish I knew what to tell you on how to fix it, but if anyone ever figured out a recent solution I musta missed it. :x

Edited by ~Magpie~

it's often just lag, have you tried clearing your cache?

Does having more elemental trios raise your chances of getting a Guardian of Nature? If so, by how much?

Does having more elemental trios raise your chances of getting a Guardian of Nature? If so, by how much?

Yes, it does. I don't think we know how much, exactly - but the base chance is apparently about 19% (or closer to 11%? there is some debate).

Edited by Kaini

Yes, it does. I don't think we know how much, exactly - but the base chance is apparently about 19%.

Thanks! I'd been wondering for a while.

I wanted to start Suggestion about increasing the number of biomes and was checking if it already existed. I'm not thinking about "special" biomes accessible only specific trophies or the like, just normal biomes. The idea was, since the number of breeds increases every year, to add one or two biomes. Does that suggestion already exist? If yes, I will bump it up otherwise will create it.

ETA: By the way, I did search but did not find it.

Edited by NotBambi

I wanted to start Suggestion about increasing the number of biomes and was checking if it already existed. I'm not thinking about "special" biomes accessible only specific trophies or the like, just normal biomes. The idea was, since the number of breeds increases every year, to add one or two biomes. Does that suggestion already exist? If yes, I will bump it up otherwise will create it.

ETA: By the way, I did search but did not find it.

I know it has been suggested, but I don't know how long ago, or the fate of the suggestion.

I did search first, but my luck searching here is pretty dismal. laugh.gif

Is there a thread where people are sharing their Zombies for encyclopedia views, and just to see all the new varieties since their update? Thanks!

ETA- Thanks, AGYK! smile.gif

Edited by jocosa

I did search first, but my luck searching here is pretty dismal.  laugh.gif

Is there a thread where people are sharing their Zombies for encyclopedia views, and just to see all the new varieties since their update?  Thanks!

Check the most recent pages of this thread. They seem to be almost entirely about discussing the new zombies.

I think when I had around 3 of each...for about a year they didn't give me a Guardian T.T but after I increased the amount of elemental trios I owned...I managed to get one this month. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The forum levels are listed here. You get level 10 at 2000 posts smile.gif

What are the rules on double paying if it is to add content to the thread? Not sure if that falls under bumping or not. Specifically, I'm wondering about double posting with updated sketches or sprites to DR before a thread reaches the 3rd page bump minimum.

You can post with updates if it's been 24 hours and nobody else has posted. Bumping is really just referring to when you're specifically just posting in the thread to get it attention again. An actual update like a sketch or sprite wouldn't be a bump. ^^

Does it mean anything that there are three adult sprites for the Frilled Dragons? My existing Male and Female frills (from before retirement) match the first two sprites shown, though I suspect the third sprite was the original frilled.

Just hasn't been updated yet. Like the bright pinks are still not arias and the base frill sprite in the main encyclopedia page is still the old frill and not the updated version.

Up to what generation does the usual lineage project go up to? I once heard 12 but I want to verify if this is true. I have a pure-bred red dragon lineage going on and am currently on the 4th gen, so I was wondering if it was the norm to go all the way up to higher gens.