Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

It's entirely possible, given that "arias" were gone for years, that they're underpopulated and thus way more likely to result from breeding than an old pink.

Ah know, I meant "Pink" dragons producing "Aria" dragons from back when "Pink" dragons were first introduced, but "Arias" were still dropping.

Also, TJ, while you're here--thanks for confirming that Arias can breed Pinks, but can you confirm if Pinks breed Arias?

Ah know, I meant "Pink" dragons producing "Aria" dragons from back when "Pink" dragons were first introduced, but "Arias" were still dropping.

Also, TJ, while you're here--thanks for confirming that Arias can breed Pinks, but can you confirm if Pinks breed Arias?

They do not, nor do there appear to be any Aria dragons that have a Pink dragon as a parent without an Aria being the other parent.

Are the hatcheries just really slow right now?

I had a (incubated) Frill egg with 8 clicks get down to 3d19h before hatching. I've never had an egg fall that low when I actively had it in hatcheries, especially one with clicks on it.

I had a (incubated) Frill egg with 8 clicks get down to 3d19h before hatching. I've never had an egg fall that low when I actively had it in hatcheries, especially one with clicks on it.

I think it's kind of a catch 22; the hatcheries have more people than usual visiting due to the new release, but there's also a lot more eggs than normal (and, in particular, a lot hitting ER at the same time), so the chance of any one egg getting views is a bit lower.

I'm not sure if this was brought up yet--if it was I haven't seen anything about it.

Are Skywing dragons and Frilled dragons supposed to have the same description or is that something that will be changed? (Sorry if this is being brought up too early, it's just something I noticed, I understand the Frills were just re-released and everything.)

Edited by Silverwinter

I'm not sure if this was brought up yet--if it was I haven't seen anything about it.

Are Skywing dragons and Frilled dragons supposed to have the same description or is that something that will be changed? (Sorry if this is being brought up too early, it's just something I noticed, I understand the Frills were just re-released and everything.)

They are--Frills, Skywings, Ocherdrakes, and Horses all have the same egg description and all have had them since each was introduced. There's a few eggs with overlapping descriptions.

They are--Frills, Skywings, Ocherdrakes, and Horses all have the same egg description and all have had them since each was introduced. There's a few eggs with overlapping descriptions.

Oh I've actually never noticed for some reason, thank you

From my experience, I think what's happening is if you're spreading the views out properly by putting the egg in daycare early then they're getting a lot of Views/UVs and hatching right when they hit the timer. On the other hand, ERs are taking longer to hatch so it's better to start adding them early on.

AGYK - Thank you the clarification. smile.gif

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Oh I've actually never noticed for some reason, thank you

You're welcome! It's not surprising you didn't notice--the other three are all in separate biomes, after all.

Two questions!

1) when two alt black dragons breed, will they always produce alt blacks? (provided the pairing is compatible)

2) why are all breeding plans threads in the site discussion board instead of the Breeding board? Wouldn't it be more logical to move them there (or to call the Breeding board 'Lineages'?)

1) when two alt black dragons breed, will they always produce alt blacks? (provided the pairing is compatible)

They will not. Any black pair has a small chance to produce alts and a much bigger chance to produce a normal black egg. This holds true regardless of the parents' alt status, the pair's PB status, or anything else.

Two questions!

2) why are all breeding plans threads in the site discussion board instead of the Breeding board? Wouldn't it be more logical to move them there (or to call the Breeding board 'Lineages'?)

1. every bred black egg has the same chance of being alt. Nothing can alter that chance or provide a guarantee. (unless you're TJ.)

2. Topics in site discussion are to discuses breeding PLANS. Right now, there are no (or very few adults) in player hands, so actual breeding is impossible. But the topics are in Site discussion because they are discussions. Players can discuss what they think would look good and seek advice for future breeding projects.

The breeding sub-forum is for breeding projects. Players are already breeding and trading for mates or looking for others to help extend the lines, or whatever.

Ah, makes sense, Dragonlady!

Thanks both! smile.gif too bad alts don't always produce alts. tongue.gif

If you get a trophy and then release enough dragons to fall under the required dragon count again, does it get revoked? What if you're at the maximum egg limit?

If you get a trophy and then release enough dragons to fall under the required dragon count again, does it get revoked? What if you're at the maximum egg limit?

You go back to the previous trophy and back down to the egg limit for that trophy level. I'm not sure what happens to the eggs if you had, say, seven eggs, and fell to a silver level.

Yes it does. If you're over the egg limit you'll still keep the extra egg, but once it hatches or otherwise stops taking up the slot, you'll be back to the limit for your current trophy.

Do dragon rarity ratios ever change? Does a dragon go from uncommon to rare every so often? I know it happens vice versa, when many members request it, but what I'm asking is if ratios rotate (without anyone having to ask) or are doomed to stay the same in general?

Do dragon rarity ratios ever change? Does a dragon go from uncommon to rare every so often? I know it happens vice versa, when many members request it, but what I'm asking is if ratios rotate (without anyone having to ask) or are doomed to stay the same in general?

Yah, they fluctuate all the time. Blacks and stripes used to be quite rare. Seasonals went from common to almost unobtainable a couple years ago and then back to normal again. Alt blacks go between usually obtainable to really rare, as they are now. We even had one period when NO need eggs were normal--they were all alts!--for like a whole month a few years back, although I suppose that one might have been a glitch. There are lots of examples of things changing around.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Does it mean anything that there are three adult sprites for the Frilled Dragons? My existing Male and Female frills (from before retirement) match the first two sprites shown, though I suspect the third sprite was the original frilled.

Does it mean anything that there are three adult sprites for the Frilled Dragons? My existing Male and Female frills (from before retirement) match the first two sprites shown, though I suspect the third sprite was the original frilled.

I believe you're correct, the third sprite is the original and the first two are the new adults.

I don't believe ratios get changed just because people "ask". There is always complaints about this or that breed being hard to get, but I think any changes which occur around such times is just a perceived effect of the natural fluctuations.

For the past 15-20 minutes or so (might have been longer, I just got here that long ago) all the biomes have seemed to be empty, even on the 5-minute mark.

Does anyone know why that might be happening? (Or if it's actually some sort of issue on my end?)

For the past 15-20 minutes or so (might have been longer, I just got here that long ago) all the biomes have seemed to be empty, even on the 5-minute mark.

Does anyone know why that might be happening? (Or if it's actually some sort of issue on my end?)

Still gone for me too.

Still gone for me too.

I've noticed this issue too and had been searching the help forum to see if anyone else reported it. Glad it's not just me xd.png