Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I have a seawyrm pygmy that isn't hatching. I put it in a hatchsite when i picked it up but it's at 3d12h and still just chilling -snip-

It should hatch soon. There's no set number of views for an egg to hatch.

This is probably a dumb question, but is there any particular reason that my Red Finned Tidal zombie (X) is displaying the new 'western' zombie sprite instead of the 'leviathan' sprite from the wiki? The 'western' sprite definitely has the wrong arrangement of limbs for a tidal! Or... am I misunderstanding how the new groups are defined?

This is probably a dumb question, but is there any particular reason that my Red Finned Tidal zombie (X) is displaying the new 'western' zombie sprite instead of the 'leviathan' sprite from the wiki? The 'western' sprite definitely has the wrong arrangement of limbs for a tidal! Or... am I misunderstanding how the new groups are defined?

From the encyclopedia entry for Red-finned Tidals:

Type: Dragon

From the encyclopedia entry for Waters, which I assume would use the leviathan sprite you refer to:

Type: Dragon (Sea serpent)

From the encyclopedia entry for Deep Seas, which I assume would also use the leviathan sprite:

Type: Dragon (Sea serpent)

It would seem normal Dragons use the Western sprite, and Red-finned Tidals would have to be classified as sea serpents to use the leviathan sprite.

I could be wrong about this as I have a total of 0 zombies to check against. The classification seems logical enough to me, however.

I think there was some auto-sorting of type, as coppers were initially classified as westerns rather than wyverns. However, TJ fixed it once it was pointed out, so this could be the case with some other dragons, too.

Is it possible to make Zombie dragons have their own Breed Sort Order place?

As Undead, Zombie or whatever.

Cos I'm always using Breed Sort Order, and I would REALLY prefer for all of my Zombies to be in one place!

Especially now, that we got few different types of them.

When there was only one type, I had male & female Zombie made from one breed (Guardian in my case), so they both where in the same place (near other Guardian dragons, but at least in one place).

Now they will be all over my scroll! dry.gif

I REALLY don't like this perspective, and even considering not making new Zombie variants at all - to not ruin Breed Sort Order on my scroll...

Maybe you (TJ & Co) can think of some solution for OCD/Perfectionist/Crazy people like me? smile.gif

No such feature, but I started a suggestion thread a while back for it because I'd love to see it happen too: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=171729

Edit: I copied the link from my bookmarks, didn't realise it had gotten deleted :/ Odd as there are plenty of older threads on the same board, not sure why it got removed?

Edited by bluesonic1

What are the rules on double paying if it is to add content to the thread? Not sure if that falls under bumping or not. Specifically, I'm wondering about double posting with updated sketches or sprites to DR before a thread reaches the 3rd page bump minimum.

Hey!

A while ago (maybe two months) I came across here on the forum of a thread (I think) where someone had posted a site that could show you how your scroll looked like a while ago. A sort of time-machine for internet sites. I need this site now but I can't find it in the forum and I don't remember at all where I saw it exactly. Can someone help me with this?

What are the rules on double paying if it is to add content to the thread? Not sure if that falls under bumping or not. Specifically, I'm wondering about double posting with updated sketches or sprites to DR before a thread reaches the 3rd page bump minimum.

You could always just edit your old post and put in "EDIT: New sketches:" and continue from there. That is allowed, gets your new info in. However, it doesn't bump the thread, I think.

I am curious who else thinks this when looking at the daydream, that the paw is a wonky open mouth.

user posted image

Which leads to my question, is it really a paw next to the head or is it a mouth?

I have thought of it as a mouth for so long I never was that fond of Male Daydreams...

I am curious who else thinks this when looking at the daydream, that the paw is a wonky open mouth.

user posted image

Which leads to my question, is it really a paw next to the head or is it a mouth?

I have thought of it as a mouth for so long I never was that fond of Male Daydreams...

it's a paw. the sprites line up so the male and female are kissing if you placed them together. the paw is to balance his weight.

Hey!

A while ago (maybe two months) I came across here on the forum of a thread (I think) where someone had posted a site that could show you how your scroll looked like a while ago. A sort of time-machine for internet sites. I need this site now but I can't find it in the forum and I don't remember at all where I saw it exactly. Can someone help me with this?

You are probably thinking of the Wayback Machine. smile.gif

it's a paw. the sprites line up so the male and female are kissing if you placed them together. the paw is to balance his weight.

Oh! that makes sense...the trouble is I always thought he had his mouth open since I joined later on, it's hard to see it as a cute paw now ;n;

"bumping" is when you post to bring the thread back to the front with no new info. I'm fairly sure that having new info can be posted normally and does not count as a bump.

But you could just edit the previous post if you are worried.

also, that was weird, the forum wouldn't let me quote your post, kept giving me the below. is the forum glitching or is it my computer?

Oh! that makes sense...the trouble is I always thought he had his mouth open since I joined later on, it's hard to see it as a cute paw now ;n;

laugh.gif I know exactly what you mean. I originally saw the Guardian wrong and have a hard time unseeing it even now. I thought it had a really tiny head and that the right wing tip that shows beside its actual face was its beak and the curl of the right horn was its eye!

Edited by purplehaze

Why is it that now the auto-fill-in action no longer works in 'Actions' - I used to be able to double-click the box and have the correct word pop up - but that's been gone for a while and I was wondering if it would ever come back or why it was changed in the first place? The first couple of times it stopped filling in, ALL the actions were there and you could at least choose one, now for EVERY dragon you want to Incubate/Influence etc. you have to fill it in over and over. Ok, so maybe I'm lazy.

Why is it that now the auto-fill-in action no longer works in 'Actions' - I used to be able to double-click the box and have the correct word pop up - but that's been gone for a while and I was wondering if it would ever come back or why it was changed in the first place? The first couple of times it stopped filling in, ALL the actions were there and you could at least choose one, now for EVERY dragon you want to Incubate/Influence etc. you have to fill it in over and over. Ok, so maybe I'm lazy.

There's a topic regarding it, though the title is a bit confusing:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=174597

Speculation is that it is deliberate and won't be coming back as it is supposed to be a security measure and auto-fill defeats the purpose.

I am also lazy and want the feature back. xd.png

Speculation is that it is deliberate and won't be coming back as it is supposed to be a security measure and auto-fill defeats the purpose.

Yeah, I have started using the password option. I have a "sticky note" with my password on it and just copy that when I start a series of actions and then paste it into the blank whenever it is required. Which also defeats the purpose of the security measure. blink.gif

This may seem an odd question, but does anyone know if using the mobile layout on a tablet is lighter on bandwidth than using my PC? Because if that's true, as it seems to be - I monitor my usage with care - I will stick to the tablet when I am over here....

Hi

Can someone please help me understand how "bumping" and warning for bump works in trading forum? My understanding was that you can post once per trading thread per 24 hrs irrespective of what you're trading. However I see many people when they get a new trade which is completely unrelated to their last post, they post in less than 24 hrs in same thread.

So is the rule actually that "you must not bump the EXACT same trade" more than once in 24hrs?

This may seem an odd question, but does anyone know if using the mobile layout on a tablet is lighter on bandwidth than using my PC? Because if that's true, as it seems to be - I monitor my usage with care - I will stick to the tablet when I am over here....

I don't use the mobile site so I can't give you a definite answer. Look at what it's loading, though: are large/detailed background images loading? The new biome art? Ads on every page? The more things you see being loaded, the heavier a site is.

In general, mobile sites are designed to be very light as they're targeted toward devices that don't have a ton of memory and connections that are limited on both total data usage and speed.

Hi

Can someone please help me understand how "bumping" and warning for bump works in trading forum? My understanding was that you can post once per trading thread per 24 hrs irrespective of what you're trading. However I see many people when they get a new trade which is completely unrelated to their last post, they post in less than 24 hrs in same thread.

So is the rule actually that "you must not bump the EXACT same trade" more than once in 24hrs?

You're correct about the actual rule. From the trading rules, _Z_ lays out the following:

We will allow one (1) bump every 24 hours. All other bumps/re-posts will be treated as spam, the member will receive a warn.

<snip>

Member posts trade on the 17th, member can not re-post/bump the same trade until the 18th.

<snip>

Changing wants is not a legal bump, only different "haves' make it legit.

Emphasis on the last line is mine, and seems to answer your question. Changing what you want from a trade requires an edit to your post. Changing what you have to offer allows a new post.

I don't use the mobile site so I can't give you a definite answer. Look at what it's loading, though: are large/detailed background images loading? The new biome art? Ads on every page? The more things you see being loaded, the heavier a site is.

In general, mobile sites are designed to be very light as they're targeted toward devices that don't have a ton of memory and connections that are limited on both total data usage and speed.

Thanks - you are right; the mobile site is very sparing on images etc. This will make playing over here so much less sinful.... laugh.gif

In general it's probably a little lighter.

But once you've downloaded all of the resources and they're in your browser cache, there's not a huge difference either way (downloading the full cave background happens once, and once it's downloaded, it uses the same amount of bandwidth as the small cropped cave image on the nav bar of the mobile layout).

Does anyone have an example of a new pink breeding an old pink...? I'm 99% sure it was possible (and happened) back right when new pinks were first introduced but old pinks were also still dropping, but I can't find any examples.

Does anyone have an example of a new pink breeding an old pink...? I'm 99% sure it was possible (and happened) back right when new pinks were first introduced but old pinks were also still dropping, but I can't find any examples.

It's entirely possible, given that "arias" were gone for years, that they're underpopulated and thus way more likely to result from breeding than an old pink.