Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Just wondering about the Celestials

yes they deliver multiple eggs...but has anyone ever gotten anything other than a Celestial egg from cross breeding?

Just wondering about the Celestials

yes they deliver multiple eggs...but has anyone ever gotten anything other than a Celestial egg from cross breeding?

I did not but I saw a 3rd Gen Shimmer in the AP with a Celestial parent.

I got Sapphires from a Celestial/Sapphire pairing awhile back.

Based on your experience, until when can we breed to the AP, without risking to have offsprings dying there? Needless to say, I'm thinking about the birthday festivities that should start on Saturday at 00:00 AM, unless I'm missing something.

I'm sorry I do not know the answer to your question, but I do have a question related to this: is midnight/release night at 0:00 cave time? The 21st?

So I can calculate timezone differences :3

I'm sorry I do not know the answer to your question, but I do have a question related to this: is midnight/release night at 0:00 cave time? The 21st?

Only TJ can tell for sure. But, based on what happened on 2015 and 2014 (see below), I would think so.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=168588

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=161262

Why hasn't this dragon gendered yet? I've never had a dragon remaining in its S1 stage beyond the 5 day mark before.

Edit: Thanks, Sock. I guess adding the little guy to a second hatchery will resolve it soon enough. smile.gif

Edited by obelisk_light

Why hasn't this dragon gendered yet? I've never had a dragon remaining in its S1 stage beyond the 5 day mark before.

Luminas are a stubborn breed, and I'm sure it's the unique views, which are on the low end of things even for non-stubborn breeds, as for why it hasn't gendered.

Eggs gain an hour when they go to the AP. That size hole isn't that unnatural for a 5 day egg.

Eggs gain a day when they're picked up from the AP for the first time. It doesn't actually happen upon abandon, but upon their first pickup.

Depends on the release. Usually yes, they're midnight DC time. The actual day is unknown, though. The wiki shows previous birthday release dates ranging from the 20th through the 22nd.

I'm sorry if this is asked a lot, but do Antareans not breed anything BUT Antareans? I've been breeding all my females to Moonstones since they came out, and get nothing but Dustbutt eggs. Since I have a ton of each, it just seems too much for coincidence...

I'm sorry if this is asked a lot, but do Antareans not breed anything BUT Antareans? I've been breeding all my females to Moonstones since they came out, and get nothing but Dustbutt eggs. Since I have a ton of each, it just seems too much for coincidence...

New breeds tend to breed nothing but their own for several months, since the system tries to even out the number of living dragons of each type. Basically, Moonstones are too old compared to the Stardusties ...

Ohhh, OK...so I've got a wait on my hands...thanks for the answer, I'll just keep collecting CBs for a while then biggrin.gif

Birthday releases have ranged from 20th to 22nd....

Just in case, I'm ensuring that I'll have all egg slots available tomorrow by midnight. That would be 00:00 AM on Saturday, 21st, cave time. And just to be paranoid, I'll be awake tonight at midnight.

Frankly, considering that TJ knows that many of us will need to show up at work on weekdays, I'm betting that the madness will start on Saturday.

Just in case, I'm ensuring that I'll have all egg slots available tomorrow by midnight. That would be 00:00 AM on Saturday, 21st, cave time. And just to be paranoid, I'll be awake tonight at midnight.

Frankly, considering that TJ knows that many of us will need to show up at work on weekdays, I'm betting that the madness will start on Saturday.

I hope you are right. I shall have to go to the coffee shop....

Perhaps users should create a thread on how they prepare for releases where this can be discussed?

Please take further chat to PM. Thanks!

It's taken me a while to work up the nerve to ask this because I'm kind of embarrassed that I need to ask in the first place, but when I breed my dragons how do I know which one will appear on top of the other in a lineage?

Like, if I bred a Daydream dragon with a White dragon, and I wanted the White dragon to be on top in the lineage, what do I do to know that the White dragon will be positioned correctly?

I'm not sure if it has to do with the genders of the dragons or how I selected them when I bred them, so I need clarification. Thank you ^^

It's taken me a while to work up the nerve to ask this because I'm kind of embarrassed that I need to ask in the first place, but when I breed my dragons how do I know which one will appear on top of the other in a lineage?

Like, if I bred a Daydream dragon with a White dragon, and I wanted the White dragon to be on top in the lineage, what do I do to know that the White dragon will be positioned correctly?

I'm not sure if it has to do with the genders of the dragons or how I selected them when I bred them, so I need clarification. Thank you ^^

The male is on top, the female on bottom.

So, if you want the white on top, you need to have a male white.

The male is on top, the female on bottom.

So, if you want the white on top, you need to have a male white.

Oh okay, thank you!

Is there a way to change an approved description? One of my Daydreams that have had a description for quite some time, now has this.

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost."

The words flow freely through the air in the wake of All who wanders passing. No one knows what she means, only that she doesn't stop saying it. Those who have received daydreams from her speak of great battles, good friends and of a singular gold ring.

It was perfectly fine the last time I looked, and I really don't like how it looks now. I know its just showing the coding or whatnots, but I don't like it.

I want to restart my collection after coming back to DC after a very long time. How can I do so? And what are the exact rules on dealing with my current scroll? Can I just make a second scroll that has no interaction with my first? Or do I have to burn my current one?

edit: oh, and is the dragon encyclopedia complete? Is there info on every dragon yet?

Edited by Melomancer

I want to restart my collection after coming back to DC after a very long time. How can I do so? And what are the exact rules on dealing with my current scroll? Can I just make a second scroll that has no interaction with my first? Or do I have to burn my current one?

General rule of thumb is, if you can't access your first scroll you may create a new one, but you may never have more than one. You may want to PM TJ or a mod to explain the situation further, and TJ may opt to burn the first if you do create a new one.

If you have access to the original scroll and simply want to start over, you could release all your dragons.

edit: oh, and is the dragon encyclopedia complete? Is there info on every dragon yet?

The encyclopedia starts empty for every player. You have to fill yours by viewing and raising dragons. This was done to avoid giving players with larger dragon collections an advantage over newer players.

A fully-filled encyclopedia is still missing entries for a few breeds, I believe. There are some TJ hasn't gotten around to putting in yet. Celestials, Antareans, and Sapphires all appear to be missing, and there may be others I haven't noticed.

There are also a lot of breeds in the encyclopedia that still don't have information, unfortunately. But there's a decent amount that do.