Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

[Center]sig here[/center]

I just came on the forum and it said I had 3 new messages, I went to it and I only had 2 new messages

did someone tracking their messages delete it before I got to it

I just came on the forum and it said I had 3 new messages, I went to it and I only had 2 new messages

did someone tracking their messages delete it before I got to it

Most likely that is exactly what happened.

There are all kinds of reasons why people send messages and then delete them. It could even have been from one of the people you did get a message from and they decided to amend what they said and replace their first message with a new one.

Has your data suggested that breeds which give the message a lot can suddenly turn around and get along?

Perhaps I should clarify my intent further. If the mechanic works as "Sally will always feel pretty neutral towards Bob," then I'm going to make a suggestion to change or remove said mechanic. Because it's quite annoying to think that after getting a nice pair of dragons in the first place, not having them refuse, possibly working with rare breeds that don't produce eggs very often at all, much less the breed you need--and that then on top of all this hassle you can have the dragons just not be very compatible for no other reason than lol RNG hates you. lD;;

I've been breeding sets of 8 pairs pretty regularly now, common x blocker / common, and I've noticed that some specific pairs produce a LOT less eggs than others.... even though one breed is a blocker!

And to add insult to injury.... Some pairs are far, FAR more likely to produce one breed than the other. *glares at Falconi x Sunrises* The two extremes:

http://dragcave.net/progeny/Lv5D4

http://dragcave.net/progeny/Twpvj

Both were always bred at the same time, but as you can see.... had quite different results! Actually, the first one just loved to produce eggs, it has the most offspring of all of them. Also the most Sunrises, and most Sunrises / Falconi.

So yes I've definitely noticed the trending is specific to certain *pairs*, not breeds. Also, some pairs produce a more equitable number of egg breeds than others. I haven't done any sort of systematic testing to see if those same high-producing dragons throw a lot of eggs with other dragons. Though.... That is a thought, I should check to see what happens if I pair up low-egg-producers with other low-egg-producers and what happens when I go high to high....

Cheers!

C4.

You didn't show the time left on the caught egg's view page, but if it was the first time that egg was grabbed off the AP, it gains an extra day. I would guess the Waverunner in your screenshot was at 5d 22h on your scroll.

All else being equal, an egg with lower time will crack more than an egg with higher time. An egg about to die might only take 100 UV to hatch, but that same egg at 4d might take 200-300 UV. For an egg gaining an extra day, this means the stats that gave it its current crack may no longer be sufficient to keep it at that cracking stage.

There are also a few other circumstances where an egg's cracking stage changes, but those are based on the egg's breed changing.

Actually there is something odd that can't just be the day. I caught a female black hatchie the other day, who went back to ungendered on my scroll. I dropped her and she gendered again, and when someone else caught her (I was watching by now!) she ungendered again...

Actually there is something odd that can't just be the day. I caught a female black hatchie the other day, who went back to ungendered on my scroll. I dropped her and she gendered again, and when someone else caught her (I was watching by now!) she ungendered again...

Could be some glitch related to the day that is added. For example, let's assume you caught her when she was really at 5d9h, mature enough to gender. You get her, she becomes 6d9h, too early to gender. Just thinking, not a real theory. If I had one, would be full of holes.

But she shouldn't have gone back and forth like that. And someone said a bit up that once they SHOW in the AP, the time is the real time...

But she shouldn't have gone back and forth like that. And someone said a bit up that once they SHOW in the AP, the time is the real time...

Actually, if you go on View, using the code of eggs still in the AP, you will verify that they have one day less than what is seen in the AP.

I just checked two eggs, one of them with stats of 0/0/0. The timer in the AP and on the view page says the same.

ETA: The third one does show two different times, though. I guess that, once an egg has been picked up, the timer gets reset to the correct time and stays correct. blink.gif

Edited by olympe

I just checked two eggs, one of them with stats of 0/0/0. The timer in the AP and on the view page says the same.

ETA: The third one does show two different times, though. I guess that, once an egg has been picked up, the timer gets reset to the correct time and stays correct.  blink.gif

Before the first pickup, the View page and the AP timer are indeed at odds with each other. The AP timer shows what the egg will have once picked up. The time isn't actually added until the egg's picked up, though, so the View page shows the time pre-addition.

Once an egg's been grabbed from the AP for the first time, the extra day adds and stays added, so there's no more time discrepancy.

Before the first pickup, the View page and the AP timer are indeed at odds with each other. The AP timer shows what the egg will have once picked up. The time isn't actually added until the egg's picked up, though, so the View page shows the time pre-addition.

Once an egg's been grabbed from the AP for the first time, the extra day adds and stays added, so there's no more time discrepancy.

But on mine the gendering came and went and came again...

How does one report someone from their profile if they haven't made any posts?

Is anyone else still having problems with the Autocomplete functions? I'm using IE 11 and still have to type in everything by hand. It's getting quite annoying, I must say. mad.gif

Well, it works for me on Chrome - as long as I have JavaScript turned off. Otherwise, I need to click on the enty before clicking anything else.

Even clicking on the entry field before anything else yields nothing, still.

And I'm not turning off Java just to have my Auto-Fill. sad.gif

The links to the biomes in the home page don't work for me. The link to the AP works fine, and the map works too. It is just the "name" links that seem to have stopped working.

How do you pronounce "mutamore"?

How do you pronounce "mutamore"?

I pronounce it "Moo-ta-more"

Another way could be "Mew-ta-more"

Edited by predatorfan4ever

Since Mutamore is based on Latin, I pronunce it that way, too. Moo-ta-mo-re (re is almost like ray, but not quite. There isn't really an equivalent sound/phoneme in English.)

I've jumped between "myu" and "moo". Also wondered if the end is "more" or "amore" (when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie...). Seemed like too tiny a question for the lore AMA, but I'd love to know.

The links to the biomes in the home page don't work for me. The link to the AP works fine, and the map works too. It is just the "name" links that seem to have stopped working.

They don't work for me, either. unsure.gif

Well, just to add info, they work for me on my tablet, but only in mobile layout. They don't if I use desktop view.

Do Alpine and Volcano work? Those two work for me, but I can't click on the ones between them.