Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

It's something to do with the URL. I saved the picture to my computer and used the "upload image" function for the avatar and it worked.

Thanks for the assist. It worked.

I was checking out the cave and saw an egg I've never seen before. It was a light green with blue stripes horizontally. What was it?

I was checking out the cave and saw an egg I've never seen before. It was a light green with blue stripes horizontally. What was it?

user posted image - this one? It's a Striped River dragon. Was released last year. smile.gif

You're not the only one. Dunno if natli resolved that, though.

My suggestion would be clear cache/cookies -> logout from DC/log back in -> restart browser -> restart computer, trying again after each step (I do see you've tried some of these already). If nothing fixes the problem for you, a screenshot might be useful.

The problem somehow resolved itself for the main DC site, but still appears on forums, which I can only access from another computer sad.gif

Can someone show me lineages with:

Heartseeker x Red Finned Whatever

Heartseeker x Undine (green)

I want to breed my Heartseekers but can't remember which of these crosses I liked better...

Can someone show me lineages with:

Heartseeker x Red Finned Whatever

Heartseeker x Undine (green)

I want to breed my Heartseekers but can't remember which of these crosses I liked better...

Heartseeker x Undine: https://dragcave.net/lineage/hWhIP / https://dragcave.net/lineage/8T42w

Red-finned: https://i.imgur.com/D9S9W4n.png (I caught this one in the AP and traded it away, so blocking the code.)

I guess another question:

Why do people seem to prefer EG Valentines over stair Valentines? I feel like (depending on the mate) stair lineages are much easier to continue...

^Yes, but EGs look prettier in some people's eyes.

If an alt sweetling hatchie is traded off to a normal sweetling scroll, they turn into normal hatchlings, right?

^Yes, but EGs look prettier in some people's eyes.

If an alt sweetling hatchie is traded off to a normal sweetling scroll, they turn into normal hatchlings, right?

Correct. And vice versa as well.

Just to clarify to make sure I'm not misunderstanding:

Tomorrow is the Last Day for V-Day dragon breeding and the new eggs start dropping (we can only collect 2 of them), and then we can continue to catch them for 3 days, with the 16th being the last day?

Edited by Clya

Just to clarify to make sure I'm not misunderstanding:

Tomorrow is the Last Day for V-Day dragon breeding and the new eggs start dropping (we can only collect 2 of them), and then we can continue to catch them for 3 days, with the 16th being the last day?

That is what I understand of it.

How do you make the custom title below the avatar? I seem to remember you have to be level 10 to do it, but beyond that, I can't seem to figure out how.

EDIT: Never mind. I've looked and looked and guess I'm just blind. I looked again after asking and I'm surprised it didn't bite me. Duh... rolleyes.gif

Edited by whoeverxwins

What does 'At midnight on valentines day' mean? Midnight is the start of a new day isn't it?

I take it to mean the point between the end of today and the beginning of tomorrow. It is a somewhat confusing term and everywhere else TJ used 0:00 instead, so yes, I would say it is the beginning of the day, just as the date changes over.

I take it to mean the point between the end of today and the beginning of tomorrow. It is a somewhat confusing term and everywhere else TJ used 0:00 instead, so yes, I would say it is the beginning of the day, just as the date changes over.

So in 5ish hours?

I received a bred Valentine's Day egg from a kind member, and it just grew up earlier today. I thought that I'd be able to breed it today, but it says that I have to wait another 2 days before breeding it (which will be February 15th). Is this normal? I thought I'd be able to breed it, but I guess I might have to wait until next year? sad.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

It's normal smile.gif. Bred holidays can't breed in the same window they grew up in. If you want a Valentine egg from them you'll have to wait until next year

Edit: this applies for Christmas and Halloween bred dragons too

Edited by Isuzu

The "New Day" aka "At Midnight" is based on Eastern Pacific Time, which is where Dragon Cave originated. TJ is an East Coaster by birth, and lived there when he created DC. He recently moved to the West Coast, for a job, but keeps the Cave on Eastern Time. So midnight on the East Coast of the US, is considered the start of the new day for DC.

Thus, tonight at midnight, Eastern Time, is the beginning of Valentines Day here on the Cave. (And for the East Coast too! laugh.gif )

Hope this clears up the confusion a bit.

(I personally like it, cause I'm on the West Coast, so for me it's 9pm the night "before", I can do all the grabbing and start events, then go to a normal bedtime, tongue.gif )

Edited by Riverwillows

It's normal smile.gif. Bred holidays can't breed in the same window they grew up in. If you want a Valentine egg from them you'll have to wait until next year

Edit: this applies for Christmas and Halloween bred dragons too

Thank you for your quick response! I learned something new today haha

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait until 2017 xd.png

Edited by LumosSeeker148