Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

My Valentines aren't hatching at 4 days. Is there another click site I could add them to?

They are in AoND, Silvi's, and EAtW.

There are loads. But be sure to put them in the ER at AOND. That will help.

Actually as you accept help, I have done smile.gif

Opera is archaic?

Good luck getting it sorted out!

My specific version of it, yes; I still use the version that uses the old code rather than being a stripped-down and reskinned Chrome because I can't stand the newer version.

e: Alsop, the problem has... resolved itself? Been resolved? WHO KNOWS~

Edited by Guillotine

This may seem like a stupid question but I've only been on DC a month so ^^'

Is there a way we could view more eggs on the AP? Or are we strictly set to seeing only 35 at a time?

Is there a way we could view more eggs on the AP? Or are we strictly set to seeing only 35 at a time?

Nope, the AP is fixed-size.

I'm pretty sure it's just 35 at a time.

How/ or where are people getting the images to post in holiday trade threads?

Before i just went to the wiki and right click> copy image address , then just chuck that in the img prompt to get it in there.

Now I'm getting an error saying the image is dynamic and cannot be used.

The post with eggs and hatchlings is good, but i want to show an adult that is available.

How/ or where are people getting the images to post in holiday trade threads?

Before i just went to the wiki and right click> copy image address , then just chuck that in the img prompt to get it in there.

Now I'm getting an error saying the image is dynamic and cannot be used.

The post with eggs and hatchlings is good, but i want to show an adult that is available.

Delete the extra stuff after the image type in the url. Ie delete everything after .jgp

I'm not seeing that.....?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/e/e4/Sweetling_adult.gif/revision/latest?cb=20100217163513

Strip everything after .gif

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/e/e4/Sweetling_adult.gif

v

v

v

user posted image

Edit: or, in your case

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/9/9f/Heartstealing_adult.png/revision/latest?cb=20150217133825&format=webp

Strip everything after .png

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/9/9f/Heartstealing_adult.png

v

v

v

user posted image

Edited by AGYK

ok, I think i got it

user posted image

I guess I have to use the topmost adult image as the one in the growth sequence has the wonky webp thing

Thank you much smile.gif

Edited by tjsweepers

I'm not sure if this was asked before, but how come some valentines dragons have a different color? Sweetling and another one I think. The part that confuses me is that the encyclopedia only shows one color.

I was also wondering if it's somehow possible to figure out how to aquire a different version of a dragon, since the encyclopedia doesn't tell that, is there a list or something similar?

I'm not sure if this was asked before, but how come some valentines dragons have a different color? Sweetling and another one I think. The part that confuses me is that the encyclopedia only shows one color.

I was also wondering if it's somehow possible to figure out how to aquire a different version of a dragon, since the encyclopedia doesn't tell that, is there a list or something similar?

Those are spriter's alts. They're special versions made as a reward exclusively for the spriters. There's no way to get them; all you can hope for is a 2g offspring from them. Such 2gs are highly valued and require a lot of luck to get.

The encyclopedia won't show such alts, but you can find them on the wiki here.

Those are spriter's alts. They're special versions made as a reward exclusively for the spriters. There's no way to get them; all you can hope for is a 2g offspring from them. Such 2gs are highly valued and require a lot of luck to get.

The encyclopedia won't show such alts, but you can find them on the wiki here.

Ah, thanks! The wiki is quite useful. What's "2g"?

And the black sweetling seems to be in a different group?

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Sweetling#Sprites

Edit: Ah, nvm, I looked up where they come from

Edited by BlackKittyRii

Ah, thanks! The wiki is quite useful. What's "2g"?

And the black sweetling seems to be in a different group?

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Sweetling#Sprites

2g means a 2nd-generation descendant from a CB (caveborn) dragon. A 2g from a spriter's alt would be this, for example.

The Black Sweets are in a separate category because they're special. On the day of the Sweetling Valentine release, there was a glitch and many freshly-caught CB Sweetlings were automatically abandoned from their scrolls. TJ was unable to restore the Sweetlings to their scrolls, so he gave everyone affected a different kind of Sweetling as an apology. The Sweetling artist actually gave up her own spriter's alt to the users affected by the glitch, and ended up making herself a different spriter's alt. You can read about that here.

Scrolls marked for alt Sweetlings will always have alt Sweetlings - every Sweetling that grows up there will become alt - and scrolls not marked for alt Sweetlings will always have normal Sweets.

2g means a 2nd-generation descendant from a CB (caveborn) dragon. A 2g from a spriter's alt would be this, for example.

The Black Sweets are in a separate category because they're special. On the day of the Sweetling Valentine release, there was a glitch and many freshly-caught CB Sweetlings were automatically abandoned from their scrolls. TJ was unable to restore the Sweetlings to their scrolls, so he gave everyone affected a different kind of Sweetling as an apology. The Sweetling artist actually gave up her own spriter's alt to the users affected by the glitch, and ended up making herself a different spriter's alt. You can read about that here.

Scrolls marked for alt Sweetlings will always have alt Sweetlings - every Sweetling that grows up there will become alt - and scrolls not marked for alt Sweetlings will always have normal Sweets.

So, there is no way to trade an alt sweetling? If you trade an alt to a different scroll they are going to change after the trade??

Wow... I wish I would have had a problem with my scroll!!!

Be well, Monica

So, there is no way to trade an alt sweetling? If you trade an alt to a different scroll they are going to change after the trade??

Yep. Alt sweet traded to normal scroll will instantly turn normal on arrival, and vice versa. Alt sweet owners can never own pink sweets and pink sweet owners can never own alts.