Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I'd like to emphasize on the fact that eggs at exactly 3 days cannot be influenced either. I noticed when the trader of Inixi let the timer run down to 3 days before finally accepting my offer, and then it was too late. dry.gif

Will adding a hatchling to more click sites make it gender faster? My shimmer always gender too late

Will adding a hatchling to more click sites make it gender faster? My shimmer always gender too late

Yeah, more click sites = more V/UV/C = faster gendering.

Yes, though of course the earlier you push for gendering, the more likely your dragon will end up sick.

That said, if you don't use Incubate and aim to accrue approximately 1000 unique views through hatcheries for when the hatchling shows 6d left (--> four days after the egg hit your scroll), I've found most species tend to gender roughly at said 6d mark (recent example), without getting sick*. That said, shimmers and other stubborn species will still take a bit longer than that.

* if you try this, be sure to carefully inch toward it rather than trying it from the get-go. Depending on the hatcheries you use, it may be difficult to fine-tune the attention your dragon gets.

Edited by pinkgothic

I have a encyclopedia question:

See this green box here,

user posted image

Is that where the Hooktalon dragon is supposed to show up? I don't have them in my encyclopedia page as a shadow either. I went to look at it, and didn't see it.

Check your settings to see if you changed from one type of approval to the other.

-----------------

What happened to the little Christmas walkers? I still have the one little guy trudging along at the bottom of my sig but his companions have disappeared, did I miss something?

Edited by Tawanda001

Is leveling up just done by getting tons of dragons? I started playing in 2011 but just started up again recently. I just saw that there are little red eggs by avatars showing levels lol.

Is leveling up just done by getting tons of dragons? I started playing in 2011 but just started up again recently. I just saw that there are little red eggs by avatars showing levels lol.

Forum level is different from in-game level. In-game, your level (trophy level) is raised by getting dragons. Bronze trophies require 50 non-growing dragons, silver trophies require 200, and gold trophies require 500; all this information can be found here. On the forum, the eggs you mention reflect a user's post count. The number of posts required to get each level can be found here; only level 10 does anything meaningful.

Forum level is different from in-game level. In-game, your level (trophy level) is raised by getting dragons. Bronze trophies require 50 non-growing dragons, silver trophies require 200, and gold trophies require 500; all this information can be found here. On the forum, the eggs you mention reflect a user's post count. The number of posts required to get each level can be found here; only level 10 does anything meaningful.

Thank you for that info! Very helpful, I'll check those links out.

Yes, though of course the earlier you push for gendering, the more likely your dragon will end up sick

In addition, please give views back to fansites! Fansites cannot work without us viewing them. ^^

I can't perform ANY actions! This is new within the last hour or so, can anyone tell me whats up or how to fix it?

Please don't post about issues in multiple places. We will try to help you in the thread you created. You can keep us updated on your issue there.

Does anyone know where I could find that thread about dragon's prefixes and suffixes? It was something about what you used as a last name for your dragons, it had a spreadsheet logging everyone's names so other members knew it was taken or something. I can't find it and I don't remember what it was filed under :\

Does anyone know where I could find that thread about dragon's prefixes and suffixes? It was something about what you used as a last name for your dragons, it had a spreadsheet logging everyone's names so other members knew it was taken or something. I can't find it and I don't remember what it was filed under :\

Dragon Lineage Prefix/Suffix Registration: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=105058

That what you're thinking about?

I found it just by searching +prefix +suffix in SD. ^^

Check your settings to see if you changed from one type of approval to the other.

-----------------

What happened to the little Christmas walkers? I still have the one little guy trudging along at the bottom of my sig but his companions have disappeared, did I miss something?

They're back now. smile.gif

Two of them are hosted on Photobucket and one is on imgur, Photobucket was down for maintenance for a while yesterday, so they wouldn't of been showing during that. All my pictures stopped working too, but they are back now. smile.gif

They're back now. smile.gif

Two of them are hosted on Photobucket and one is on imgur, Photobucket was down for maintenance for a while yesterday, so they wouldn't of been showing during that. All my pictures stopped working too, but they are back now. smile.gif

Thank you for the explanation. I had noticed they were back but had chalked it up to one more mystery of life, so it's nice to know what was actually behind it. biggrin.gif

Does anyone have a Xenowyrm album with different pairings? I tried searching the Xeno threads but I didn't find any.

Does anyone have a Xenowyrm album with different pairings? I tried searching the Xeno threads but I didn't find any.

Not aware of any albums like that, but I can put together some mockups if you have specific pairings in mind.

Dragon Lineage Prefix/Suffix Registration: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=105058

That what you're thinking about?

I found it just by searching +prefix +suffix in SD. ^^

Yes, this one. Thank you very much smile.gif

I searched prefix suffix before posting but didn't find anything. I don't think I ever find anything when I search it, probably searching things wrong.

Does UV light/radiation fit in the DC timeframe? For example, in my dragon request, I mention my dragon can see UV light. Would that be considered too modern?

@ dinogummi - Don't feel bad. I just searched site discussion this morning, looking for a thread about dragon names. I put "Name" in the search box and it came back with the message that nothing matched, in spite of the fact that I could clearly see on the front page at least two threads with Name in the title. I have no idea why that search failed.

Edited by purplehaze