Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Yarolds can be extremely effective but you can't use it like a typical DC hatchery. You HAVE to do a lot of clicking on other people's stuff or you won't get much in return. Also joining a dynasty is extremely helpful. However, honestly, I think Yarolds works better for sites like Tales of Ostlea and Forest of Mirrors than for DC. With that said there are plenty of DC users on Yarolds and you definitely can use it effectively for DC.

Personally I have never felt a need to use more than one or two hatcheries at a time. I typically use either Eggs Around the World or Allure of Neglected Dragons. I throw my eggs into one or the other, but not both, anytime from freshly caught/laid to a day or two later if I forget to do it sooner, and I can almost always incuhatch instantly at 5 days 0 hours with no wait time. Plus I almost never get sickness. But a lot of people for some reason apparently don't get good results using just one or two hatcheries. Dunno why it works fine for me and not others, but my point is that you should experiment cautiously (so you don't accidentally starve, or self-viewbomb, your eggs/hatchies) to figure out what works best for you.

I'm apparently really bad with searching and wanted to know if there happens to be some sort of thread for presenting various new topics that you wish to post to the forum (such as original works, trade threads, breeding projects... etc.) and get some opinions/help fleshing them out?

I've never been well with searching like I said so I just wanted to ask here xd.png

Thanks!

Just a question: could someone please explain the "even-gen" when it comes to lineages? Whenever I think about "even-gen" I always think that a dragon cannot be EG unless it's a 2G, 4G, 6G, etc. Is there a such thing as a "3EG" dragon?

For example, could this dragon be considered EG?

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Just a question: could someone please explain the "even-gen" when it comes to lineages? Whenever I think about "even-gen" I always think that a dragon cannot be EG unless it's a 2G, 4G, 6G, etc. Is there a such thing as a "3EG" dragon?

For example, could this dragon be considered EG?

Thanks in advance! smile.gif

Yes, there are 3G and 5G and 7G and 9G, etc. even gens. Even gen just means that all the CBs in the lineage are in a straight line. I think there is a better definition than that in the even gen breeding thread, but that is basically it.

The right-most generation forms an even line, and the number of caveborn ancestors are always powers of 2: 2, 4, 8, 16 ...

ninja.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Of course there is. This for example is a 3EG (also PB, but that's beyond the point). As long as the first generation lines up nicely, it's an EG.

Does the Cave not allow ampersands (the & symbol) in names?

Ooh, very helpful! Thanks a ton, Socky! smile.gif

Does the Cave not allow ampersands (the & symbol) in names?

I don't think so - I think it's classified as an "invalid character" - sorry!

If I try to put an "&" in my dragon's name, it says the following:

Names can only contain letters, numbers, spaces, apostrophes, and dashes.

You'd have to spell out "and" in your dragon's name - Hope that helps!

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Not that I MIND - but I have a database of all sorts - and one part is refusals. I went to breed something today, and - well, basically - some of my refusals seems to be undone, and no longer greyed out.... Anyone else ?

Not that I MIND - but I have a database of all sorts - and one part is refusals. I went to breed something today, and - well, basically - some of my refusals seems to be undone, and no longer greyed out.... Anyone else ?

Was one of the pair a holiday? Holidays will show refused mates available again after the holiday, however they'll just instantly refuse again if you try them

Was one of the pair a holiday? Holidays will show refused mates available again after the holiday, however they'll just instantly refuse again if you try them

No. xd.png I am REASONABLY au fait ! For instance: a thunder and a frill; a turp and some stripe or other....

No.  xd.png I am REASONABLY au fait ! For instance: a thunder and a frill; a turp and some stripe or other....

Out of curiosity, I checked my own breed notes. Back in 2009, xtOF refused b56j. I just stuck my nose into xtOF's breed list and b56j was not greyed out. I rebred them and got another refusal. On the other hand, a refusal from 2013 between qrgD and OP9h is greyed out as expected. So maybe it's just really old refusals that aren't greyed out? Are yours also really old refusals?

Edited by pinkgothic

Out of curiosity, I checked my own breed notes. Back in 2009, xtOF refused b56j. I just stuck my nose into xtOF's breed list and b56j was not greyed out. I rebred them and got another refusal. On the other hand, a refusal from 2013 between qrgD and OP9h is greyed out as expected. So maybe it's just really old refusals that aren't greyed out? Are yours also really old refusals?

Nope biggrin.gif. Never mind. I shall (if I can be BOTHERED) recheck every time I need to breed and amend the database...

IN fact maybe I will try every dragon that has ever refused and see what happens. Worst case the AP will end up full of weird stuff...

I keep breeding records, too, and the three or four pairs that I just checked, from as far back as two years ago, are still showing as greyed out.

Took a quick look at my refusing Ices from 2011/2012/2013 and the rejects were all still at the bottom of the lists.

I don't think I had any refusals before 2011.

Oh well. With sudden enthusiasm I rushed to see if my 2 2gen Thuweds were still greyed out. Of course THEY are. mad.gif

I'll check them all - another day. All 445 of them - no, maybe not xd.png

Well, I once had a CB sweetling refuse a 3rd gen silver (from stair with sweetlings). The refusal was later reset (probably due to holiday breedings), and they have bred successfully since then. Even out of season. (However, I did breed these two once inside their season before it worked out of season. I don't know if it's coincidence, though.)

progeny link. I know this refusal happened way back when because I was crestfallen: It meant that I couldn't continue the line, and this was one of my lowest-gen silvers, not to mention one of my very few clean-lineaged ones. (And, of course, her mother refused to give me another silver egg for a long time to come.)

Are there any CB Alt Blacks out there? I know TJ's Thuwed is one, but are there any others? tongue.gif Just curious…thanks!

Anyone else getting lag in the cave and forum right now? Not insanilag, mind you, just persistent.

Had no idea where to ask this question, so I'm going to ask it here.

What is the difference between these two "scrolls" on the forums?

user posted image

I'm thinking that one means New Replies to a thread I have not read, and the other is New Replies to a thread I have read.

I'm thinking that one means New Replies to a thread I have not read, and the other is New Replies to a thread I have read.

Close. It's replied to a thread you have not / have posted in.