Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I had a view bombing problem that makes very little sense! My scroll is mostly hidden (it has been for the past month, at least) so no one could have seen the viewbombed egg that way. The egg needed to hatch, it was at 4d, so viewbombing it caused hatching, but then it got sick. It was only on two clicksites. It is a CB Black Tea male, so why would someone viewbomb that? It isn't rare, unique or anything special. It was never up for trade (I collect them) so someone had to pick it out of a click site. Do people REALLY do that? Just pick a random egg/hatchie and decide "I want to kill this"? It's mean and makes no sense. The little guy recovered, but I was asleep and if his egg hadn't been almost ER he probably would have died. I'm in school right now (thank you computer lab) and can't check my scroll, but I hope none of my other eggs were picked on. 

I think someone last night decided to pick random eggs/hatchies and viewbomb them to see if death resulted or something. Such a stupid, petty thing.

1 minute ago, Suzumiya said:

So someone had to pick it out of a click site. Do people REALLY do that? Just pick a random egg/hatchie and decide "I want to kill this"?

Yes. They do.

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes. They do.

Wow, that is petty. I was basically a little kid when I started playing DC and I never even thought "I want to kill a dragon"...not even to get zombies. Jealous people and jerks...although I can't imagine someone being jealous of a random common that I have. So I guess I was jerk-targeted at random. Sigh. I should start warding all my dragons before going to bed. At least they'll be safe until I can hide them before going to school. And I have a bazillion whites, so I could ward them all. I just wish it lasted longer or stacked! I'd love to be able to ward my dragon permanently, like how CB tinsels are shielded from death no matter how sick they get. That would take away some of the challenge, though...ugh. 

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

Yea, actually. I had a floret up for trade last night, went to sleep for 8 hours and it was dead of sickness this morning. My ER eggs that actually had to hatch were not touched.

Hm. Will mention.

Ouch, sorry for your lost.  My friend's egg died too.  She thought she hide the egg (using her phone) but now she checked, it is dead.  Could be a glitch of her phone or unstable internet that didn't register the hide action.  She isn't upset since she doesn't need an offspring anyway but it is really sad that people would purposely sabotage other's eggs.  They don't gain anything from the action.  I just don't get it.

On second note, I recall someone suggested preventing eggs from gaining view when they are offered on a trade link.  Is that suggestion being considered by TJ?

Edited by QVic

3 hours ago, QVic said:

My friend's egg died too.  She thought she hide the egg (using her phone) but now she checked, it is dead.  Could be a glitch of her phone or unstable internet that didn't register the hide action. 

It may not have been a problem with her phone. Overviewing does not always cause instant death (unless it is really extreme). Hide does not necessarily keep eggs from dying if they already have a fatal overdose of views. It just keeps them from getting any more, which may give them a chance to recover. So her phone may have hidden the egg just fine, but hiding didn't keep it from dying. When the egg dies behind fog, the fog will disappear, so it would appear that the egg was never fogged.

10 hours ago, purplehaze said:

When the egg dies behind fog, the fog will disappear, so it would appear that the egg was never fogged.

Thank you.  I didn't know about this.

If my friend used Ward BSA on the sick egg, would that give the poor egg a better chance to survive?

4 hours ago, QVic said:

If my friend used Ward BSA on the sick egg, would that give the poor egg a better chance to survive?

For 6 hours for sure - that's how long Ward lasts. If it doesn't get any additional stats in the meantime, it has the best chances at surviving, so keep it fogged until the sickness is gone - Ward can be used on fogged eggs, too. It may still die after those 6 hours, but it's much less likely then.

I've been trying to find the thread for the avatar problem, but can't pin it down. I've noticed a few avatars that are missing, including my own. I thought maybe an update rendered mine useless because it's on a randomizer, but others are also blank I've noticed. I don't know where the thread is to address this problem, or if there's a way to fix it?

ETA: In my full sig, you can see a gif that also changes when you refresh. That's from the same site as my avatar randomizer, and that's still working fine.  🤔

Edited by Syiren

It may just be that the latest update removed externally located avatars? They were allowed in the old forum version, but as far as I can tell, the new one doesn't let you specifiy external avatars anymore (it would just copy the current image to its database (aka import) which basically makes it static). It had just kept the old ones that were already in the database.

Has the edit profile button moved off of our forum profile page? or am I experiencing some aliens here....

EDIT
I am back again as I also can't seem to click the settings button/bar under your profile content thingy. I do recall being able to press that in the past too.

Edited by TerraAnne

10 minutes ago, TerraAnne said:

Has the edit profile button moved off of our forum profile page? or am I experiencing some aliens here....

Yeah, it used to be on the profile page, but now looks like it's under "Account Settings". I panicked at first, thinking my private profile notes would go poof or something, but then I found them there... XD 

30 minutes ago, Tears in Rain said:

Yeah, it used to be on the profile page, but now looks like it's under "Account Settings". I panicked at first, thinking my private profile notes would go poof or something, but then I found them there... XD 

AHA! Thankyou very much. I have to update an IOU of mine in there and was worried I would forget about it if I didn't do it soon.  XD

7 hours ago, Syiren said:

I've been trying to find the thread for the avatar problem, but can't pin it down. I've noticed a few avatars that are missing, including my own. I thought maybe an update rendered mine useless because it's on a randomizer, but others are also blank I've noticed. I don't know where the thread is to address this problem, or if there's a way to fix it?

ETA: In my full sig, you can see a gif that also changes when you refresh. That's from the same site as my avatar randomizer, and that's still working fine.  🤔

It was mentioned here:

And TJ closed it.

Maybe start another ?

Using randomizer in avatar is not available since forum UI changed. Randomizer is basically uploaded as 'image link'. In new forum you should upload image in forum to use it as avatar. I think using linked image is not available anymore. As using image link in other place is still available so randomizer still works in other places.

Oh yes it is. I shall put mine back later, but I have just added a linked image.

Which now think's it's an upload here. But it IS a linked image I put  on a hosting site.

Maybe make a gif with rotating images ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Yes I know. All I'm saying is that you CAN upload an avatar form a hosting site. You suggested that was impossible:

11 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

Using randomizer in avatar is not available since forum UI changed. Randomizer is basically uploaded as 'image link'. In new forum you should upload image in forum to use it as avatar. I think using linked image is not available anymore. As using image link in other place is still available so randomizer still works in other places.

Clearly when you actually DO that, it turns into an upload here. So presumably the uploading feature here doesn't allow rotating ones - which was why I suggested making the frames you want into a gif and uploading that. I'm uploading a gif now and it works,. so... seems to be the answer for those who want them to rotate.

I shall take it down again in a minute - I want Schrodinger back :)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

17 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

It was mentioned here:

And TJ closed it.

Maybe start another ?

Thanks, I probably might once I get a chance after work.

12 hours ago, sh20000sh said:

I wish that had transferred over. That was one of my favorite features on this forum. 

As I said - get all the images you want and combine them in a gif. I just did that with one - I'm assuming sh2000sh saw it before I put Schrodinger back....

Is there any way to search someone on the Forums by their Scrollname? I know that the forum and DC accounts are linked, but is there any way to check if someone has a Forum account by searching for their Scroll name? I've been trying to trade for a pack of dragons for the past several days and I finally got what they wanted, but the hatchies are going to grow up soon and I'm afraid of wasting all of that time for them to just cancel the trade before the egg is off cooldown. >_<

14 minutes ago, HopSketch said:

Is there any way to search someone on the Forums by their Scrollname? I know that the forum and DC accounts are linked, but is there any way to check if someone has a Forum account by searching for their Scroll name? I've been trying to trade for a pack of dragons for the past several days and I finally got what they wanted, but the hatchies are going to grow up soon and I'm afraid of wasting all of that time for them to just cancel the trade before the egg is off cooldown. >_<

Sadly no.

Just now, Lagie said:

Sadly no.

Dang. I posted something in the Hub to see if they would PM me. Hopefully that works.

Thank you for letting me know.

9 hours ago, Lagie said:

Sadly no.

EXCEPT that if you just search the scroll name, SOMETIMES it comes up in trade threads etc.. Not often, but very occasionally.

My bell icon is lighting up like, 20 minutes after I get a notification? Like, someone will offer on my trade and the bell lights up 20 minutes later, is that a bug everyone's dealing with or..?